Accessible/Disabled Cabins On Crown Princess

streetspirit

Good evening,

I was wandering if anyone has booked an accessible room on the Crown Princess? I've had experience of booking such rooms on the RCCL Indy and Celeb Eclipse and the rooms have suited my needs being in a wheelchair full time. I would assume that on modern ships the rooms are quite similar with walk in showers/grab rails/more room to navigate the wheelchair?? I could well be wrong.

I also wanted to know if the 24 hour room service is free of charge (always tip) except for the drinks and if anyone has a pic of the menu?

I know I should really post this is the disabled cruisers forum but I was hoping I could get better feedback here. My wife and I tend to only book cruises to and from Southampton as flying is a big hassle for me and the Crown looks appealinig maybe for a Med Cruise in 2014.

By the way the new Royal Princess looks amazing and I'm very jealous of anyone that has booked it for next year :-)

Apologies for waffling a tad,

Jamie

I don't book accessible rooms, as I don't need them, but they will be the standard no step bathroom, roll in showers that each line has, plus room for wheelchairs.

There is no cost for room service, except for pizza. That being said, the menu is limited. If you do a search, there are plenty of pictures of it posted.

The Crown is a great ship. We sailed her two years ago.

There is no cost for room service, except for pizza.

Also a charge for party platters. Also for juice other than at breakfast time.

Pizza charge of $3 is to discouage waste. Before the charge, some people would order several pizza and then leave much of them uneaten.

Never sailed on Crown but did sail Sea Princess last year. Our son is a disabled vet - full time wheelchair user - and he booked an inside wheelchair cabin. It was much larger than the standard inside cabin we had. I was jealous of the space! He had no problems with the room or the bathroom but he did bring along his own shower chair which helped a lot. We are all booked on Star for a 15 day RT SFO to Hawaii leaving Nov 5. He's booked another inside WC cabin. We opted for a Balcony this time. ;)

I don't think you have anything to worry about with a WC room on Crown. However, don't even THINK about booking a standard room. You would never get a WC through the door nor would there be any room for it if you did manage to somehow get it inside.

Thanks for the responses. We try to take a cruise once a year however this year our holiday fund so to speak had to be put towards a vehicle :mad:. Anyway we're booked for next October on the Eclipse but it would be nice to try something different for 2014. I've never heard a bad word said against Princess.

Thanks again,

Jamie

Make sure, that if you book an HC cabin, that you tell them to mark your booking "no upgrade", so as to avoid the upgrade fairy putting you into an unsuitable cabin by mistake. That's should she wish to sprinkle her dust on you!:D. By the way these cabins go quickly.

• 4 months later...

We sailed on the Crown Princess in early January. Our cabin was on the Baja 304. Read my review under Crown Princess Reviews look for B 304. We were very pleased with the room and location. The only thing is to remember to bring a power strip.

Archived