Allure of the Seas-Sept. 30, 2012 My Experience

Eng23

Very much enjoyed your review! Thanks for sharing your week and pix. Sorry we didn't get to officially meet. This is one of the few times I didn't pre follow the CC group too much going on prior and I didn't book that far in advance like I normally do.

Stay safe!

Here are some pic's of the Oasis sailing away:

036_zpsc858acda.jpg?t=1351004685

037_zps0eb4d1e3.jpg?t=1351004682

039_zpsf133f7c4.jpg?t=1351004674

That will be me tomorrow!

I've signed up for a wine package, but I can't find any spot on RCCL's website where you can order a bottle of champagne to be delivered to your cabin day #1 for sailaway? Where did you go to reserve this? Thanks.

-- Kim

Maybe you already know, but anyway, if you go to airliners.net you can get all of the airports thru-out the world for their take off/landing photos. As a matter of fact this computer at home as the one at work my face page on each one have a different background scenery of the famous landing photos. We are longtime RCCL customers and also St Martin land guests. Our next trip in February, instead of a cruise we are going back to St. Martin for a week.

Thanks for your great report. Ron M

Hi. Airliners.net is one of my other favorite websites. Another airport I would like to visit is Skiathos in Greece. Lots of good photo ops of airplanes on approach there like St. Maarten.

I've signed up for a wine package, but I can't find any spot on RCCL's website where you can order a bottle of champagne to be delivered to your cabin day #1 for sailaway? Where did you go to reserve this? Thanks.

-- Kim

Check the thread you started on this question. I answered there. Enjoy!

Hi Harold' date='

Thanks for the great review and pics. April cannot come soon enough and great reviews like this just keep the excitement barely contained!!! I know with dining being subjective that this is a loaded question but we have booked a 3 specialty dining pkg. The first @ Chops had to be prebooked on night one or two. We picked night two any thoughts on when we should think about booking the other two?? We hear the last night in the dining room is would be a good one. Any suggestions???

Stay safe and dry this weekend again thanks for the fabulous review,

Sue[/quote']

I really cannot elaborate on this. I know alot of people do this. Might I suggest you ask Susan (Swwake) as she did this package. She also has a review going, it's titled along the line of being the most disorganized review ever. I will be very safe and dry as I will be in Cancun until Wednesday. :)

Whew! That was about as fast as the cruise! Great review and great pics, Harold! I really enjoyed it. And yes, we hope to sail with you again in the future. Maybe we'll get you on the flowrider. I know we'll miss you next year, but maybe we can do Sunshine with you and Al in 2014.

Hi Harold' date='

Thanks for the great review and pics. April cannot come soon enough and great reviews like this just keep the excitement barely contained!!! I know with dining being subjective that this is a loaded question but we have booked a 3 specialty dining pkg. The first @ Chops had to be prebooked on night one or two. We picked night two any thoughts on when we should think about booking the other two?? We hear the last night in the dining room is would be a good one. Any suggestions???

Sue[/quote']

Hi Sue! We did a different dining package, that included Chef's Table. We only did the MDR on the last night, and that was because we dined with friends that night. The menu was indeed good that night, but I don't remember much of it. I had escargot (which I think is available every night) and a pasta dish. It was a great meal. If you want to make sure not to miss the steak and surf-and-turf nights, I have heard to be sure to do formal nights in the dining room. We did ours at 150CP and Chops. I know this isn't much, but hope it helps.

Whew! That was about as fast as the cruise! Great review and great pics, Harold! I really enjoyed it. And yes, we hope to sail with you again in the future. Maybe we'll get you on the flowrider. I know we'll miss you next year, but maybe we can do Sunshine with you and Al in 2014.

Hi Susan!

That would be great if we could have a reunion cruise on a Sunshine class. It is going to be interesting to find out where they will be located and what their itineraries will be.

BTW it looks like RCI might build another Oasis class ship after the Sunshine class is built.

SOooo many ships and cruises to book. Looks like we are going to stay busy.

Hi Sue! We did a different dining package, that included Chef's Table. We only did the MDR on the last night, and that was because we dined with friends that night. The menu was indeed good that night, but I don't remember much of it. I had escargot (which I think is available every night) and a pasta dish. It was a great meal. If you want to make sure not to miss the steak and surf-and-turf nights, I have heard to be sure to do formal nights in the dining room. We did ours at 150CP and Chops. I know this isn't much, but hope it helps.

Thanks!!! Great name BTW. :cool:

Sue

Thanks!!! Great name BTW. :cool:

Sue

Thanks, it's actually a reference to wakeboarding, but it works for cruising!

edit: ha! I thought you meant my screen name. I just realized we have the same "real" name.

Edited by swwake

Hi Harold' date='

Sue[/quote']

I just got off the Allure, loved every second of it and definitely can't get enough!

My DH and I did the Allure Choice dining package you mention. When we signed up we were only given a choice of Day 1 for Chops. Later an option opened up for day 2 but we stuck with our original choice. I loved Chops, my filet was perfect and I had the best mashed potatoes I've ever had. DH sent his porterhouse back and the replacement filet wasn't as good as he was hoping.

We made reservations for Giovanni's and Samba. We did Samba on day 2 and Giovanni's on day 7. I would say the filet I had at Giovanni's was the best I had all week!

We scoured Cruise Critic for the new menus and chose our specialty dining based off that. Reservations were very easy to get onboard and they were very flexible. On the last night we went to Giovanni's a half an hour before our 7 o'clock reservation to move it later to accommodate our seeing the last parade. There was no problem whatsoever.

This dining package was a great deal. We also did Rita's Fiesta one night (I think we'll skip this one next time!) And the Prohibition Event, which we would most definitely do again!!!

I just got off the Allure, loved every second of it and definitely can't get enough!

My DH and I did the Allure Choice dining package you mention. When we signed up we were only given a choice of Day 1 for Chops. Later an option opened up for day 2 but we stuck with our original choice. I loved Chops, my filet was perfect and I had the best mashed potatoes I've ever had. DH sent his porterhouse back and the replacement filet wasn't as good as he was hoping.

We made reservations for Giovanni's and Samba. We did Samba on day 2 and Giovanni's on day 7. I would say the filet I had at Giovanni's was the best I had all week!

We scoured Cruise Critic for the new menus and chose our specialty dining based off that. Reservations were very easy to get onboard and they were very flexible. On the last night we went to Giovanni's a half an hour before our 7 o'clock reservation to move it later to accommodate our seeing the last parade. There was no problem whatsoever.

This dining package was a great deal. We also did Rita's Fiesta one night (I think we'll skip this one next time!) And the Prohibition Event, which we would most definitely do again!!!

Thanks so apparently you thought the last night menu was pretty weak??? We have been hearing that....

Sue

Hi folks. Wow, there are alot of posts I need to reply to. Sorry for being absent. I'm returning from my hurricane evacuation to Cancun/Riviera Maya today. I'm sitting in the Atlanta airport right now. As soon as I get to a computer I'll get to answering your posts.. :)

Kim was great! She was at the Schooner Bar during our sailing in Sept! My husband doesn't drink, so she created this fruity concoction for him! We went back every day! She was awesome!

Nice to hear from someone else who had Kim as a bartender on thier cruise. She always had a great attitude and was good at her job. :)

Very much enjoyed your review! Thanks for sharing your week and pix. Sorry we didn't get to officially meet. This is one of the few times I didn't pre follow the CC group too much going on prior and I didn't book that far in advance like I normally do.

Stay safe!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading along. Happy Cruising! :)

Hi Susan. I think Al is onto something here. Going out on one of the new ships from Project Sunshine together would be alot of fun. :)

Hi Susan!

That would be great if we could have a reunion cruise on a Sunshine class. It is going to be interesting to find out where they will be located and what their itineraries will be.

BTW it looks like RCI might build another Oasis class ship after the Sunshine class is built.

SOooo many ships and cruises to book. Looks like we are going to stay busy.

This is a good idea Al. I'm also going to mention this to Sherie from NZ. I bet she would like to cruise with you and Jan again. :)

Awesome review!!! Thanks for taking the time to write it and post all the awesome pics! We'll be sailing the Oasis in May 2014 so it's exciting to see the size of the ship for sure! Can't wait to meet ya on board the Glory this coming May! :D

Glad you liked it! Looking forward to May! We need to get that roll call "rolling"! :D

166_zpsebe47a74.jpg

According to Capt. Johnny this Crown & Anchor came off of the Sovereign of the Seas when it left the fleet. The other one is on the Oasis. Stay tuned....

I always manage to find something I didn't know in every review.