Allure of the Seas-Sept. 30, 2012 My Experience

Eng23

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am enjoying every moment of it.:)

BTW - I have been on a number of cruises but have never been to Senor Frogs. Your pictures made me want to stop there for a quick libation. :D

Maybe we can meet you there after our Segway excursion. We've been to SF in Georgetown Grand Caymen and Costa Maya.

Day 5 is in St. Maarten. I'm sure most poeple know that this island is jointly controlled by the Netherlands and France. My entire reason for visiting St. Maarten is to go to the airport and watch the planes come in over the fence. I'm pretty much an aviation geek and I love flying. For someone like me going to St. Maarten is like a pilgrimage of sorts (a bucket list item for me). So that pretty much sums it up for me on how I am spending my day. :)

Welcome to the Fraternity! I'm going back in about 175 days.

296_zps320eb276.jpg?t=1351003779

:eek: I'm sitting on the little concrete wall on the road and this is not even using the zoom on the camera! Sorry about the fuzz in the middle, that was a little condensation on the lens....

Oh man, now you have to go back and try that again.

Keep going back to your thread, even though we are doing western, your thread gave us so many ideas.

So, tell me which night did you book with what show??

I dont want to go back and re-read everything, and I figure it would be on the top of your memory.

Trying so hard to figure out when to do what.

So confused.

Thanks

Oh

We want to do Blue planet

Chicago

Quest

and

Comedy club.

Any help appreciated.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

So confused.

Hi Sue,

The show schedule is designed to ensure you see everything.

For example: You can only see Chicago on the first 2 nights, Last 2 nights Blue Planet, with 2 or 3 nights of Comedy/Music Performance show inbetween. Quest will be late at night at it will not interfere with the other shows.

Edited by jonath

Keep going back to your thread, even though we are doing western, your thread gave us so many ideas.

So, tell me which night did you book with what show??

I dont want to go back and re-read everything, and I figure it would be on the top of your memory.

So confused.

Thanks

Oh

We want to do Blue planet

Chicago

Quest

and

Comedy club.

Any help appreciated.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Hi Sue. Out of the shows you have listed I went to the Comedy Club and Quest. IIRC Blue Planet was on the last two nights which on the Eastern route are sea days. On the Western route your sea days are different and I am not sure how that relates to show days and times. I attended the Quest show on Thursday after St. Maarten and the Comedy Club on Friday. I don't know why but I completely forgot to mention the Comedy Club in the review. silly me!

Edited by Eng23

Right now we are first seating for MDR, so what should we try for time wise that is to see shows.

There is always an early showing for the Late Dinner (2nd Seating) guests, and then a later showing for the Early Dinner guests.

You're covered either way :-)

I have heard people concerned that 90 minutes is not enough time for 1st Seating and then Show. If you are a really slow eater then it could present a problem, but let your wait staff know and they will accommodate :)

There is always an early showing for the Late Dinner (2nd Seating) guests, and then a later showing for the Early Dinner guests.

You're covered either way :-)

I have heard people concerned that 90 minutes is not enough time for 1st Seating and then Show. If you are a really slow eater then it could present a problem, but let your wait staff know and they will accommodate :)

But it's a little different with specialty restaurants. For example, Chef's Table was 7:30 and lasted a full 3 hours. We barely made it to Ocean Aria that night at 10:45. 150CP also takes awhile. But both at 150CP and at Chops (and I think at Vintages too), they asked us when we were seated if we had any show reservations that evening. Had we had reservations, I think they may have adjusted the dining schedule. But we prefer to take our time at a nice dinner, so if you do, keep that in mind.

One nice thing about my cabin location was being on the front part of the aft hump. I could look straight down the side of the ship towards the bow without having to look around someone else's balcony. Here's what I mean:

083_zps47d4e6b6.jpg

WOW! That is a pretty great view!!! So did you watch carefully for this particular cabin or did the cruise fairy sprinkle your trip with cruise magic dust?!

One nice thing about my cabin location was being on the front part of the aft hump. I could look straight down the side of the ship towards the bow without having to look around someone else's balcony. Here's what I mean:

083_zps47d4e6b6.jpg

WOW! That is a pretty great view!!! So did you watch carefully for this particular cabin or did the cruise fairy sprinkle your trip with cruise magic dust?!

He could also see our balcony :o

I'm going on Oasis in less than 2 weeks, so I'm looking forward to reading this picture review!

I noticed on page 1 you mentioned "Duffy's" as a great place for college football games. I love reading the local restaurant recommendations. I'm a regular at Duffy's (I live in the Lauderdale area) and I love seeing it get recognition.

063_zpsc620458a.jpg?t=1351004593

Flowrider sans rider's! :D

:cool: Well?! Did you try it out????!!!! :D So glad you did a review! I am enjoying the pics a lot! Thanks, now back at it.

Hi Britney! Glad to see you reading my review. Unfortunately I stayed busy doing other activities and did not do the Flowrider this time. My new friends Susan and Chris practically lived there and have told me if we cruise together again they will get me on there. :)

083_zps47d4e6b6.jpg

Well the upgrade fairy had a hand in it by lowering the price drastically on the JS's and my travel agent did the rest. Originally I was given Deck 8 which was an adjoining room cabin but my TA found this cabin on Deck 11. :)

I'm going on Oasis in less than 2 weeks, so I'm looking forward to reading this picture review!

I noticed on page 1 you mentioned "Duffy's" as a great place for college football games. I love reading the local restaurant recommendations. I'm a regular at Duffy's (I live in the Lauderdale area) and I love seeing it get recognition.

Hi there. I really liked Duffy's, it is much better than the sports bar I hang out at back home. The food was good as was the service and there was no lack of BIG TV's to watch the games on. :)

Hi Britney! Glad to see you reading my review. Unfortunately I stayed busy doing other activities and did not do the Flowrider this time. My new friends Susan and Chris practically lived there and have told me if we cruise together again they will get me on there. :)

Even though we promised ourselves we wouldn't, we did live at the flowrider. And yes, indeed, Harold will be riding the next time we cruise together. (that's not an *if*, it's a *when*)

Even though we promised ourselves we wouldn't, we did live at the flowrider. And yes, indeed, Harold will be riding the next time we cruise together. (that's not an *if*, it's a *when*)

And I already know when my next "when" is........:D