Allure of the Seas-Sept. 30, 2012 My Experience

Eng23

Hi Sue,

The show schedule is designed to ensure you see everything.

For example: You can only see Chicago on the first 2 nights, Last 2 nights Blue Planet, with 2 or 3 nights of Comedy/Music Performance show inbetween. Quest will be late at night at it will not interfere with the other shows.

I also recommend booking the Ocearnaria show early in case rough seas or weather postpones it you have more opportunities to see it. Also I book the comedy show on the 2nd night. I'm not sure how often they change comedians, but i've heard of them bombing on the first night and changing their routines.

I also recommend booking the Ocearnaria show early in case rough seas or weather postpones it you have more opportunities to see it. Also I book the comedy show on the 2nd night. I'm not sure how often they change comedians, but i've heard of them bombing on the first night and changing their routines.

Good advice. I was just reading gambee's review in progress and gambee had a good idea during Oceanaria. Go to one of the "secret balcony's" on Deck 11 or 12. They are available to all and have a great view down onto the Aqua Theater, no reservations needed. It's just a thought. :)

Thank you for a great review and photos.

Memories came back from my last years cruise.

My apologies for missing this post. You are welcome and I hope the memories were good. Just going back through these last pages has me remembering my journey. :)

377_zpsea360e13.jpg

If you've ever wondered about the inner working's of a Flowrider.....

Hello from your hometown.

Great review! I've picked up some helpful information.

Thanks for posting the Flowrider photo...it's the first time that I've seen its "innards".

Beachnative

Edited by beachnative

Great review Harold, glad you guys had a great time. Love the picture on post #87. Top left of the picture shows my buddy James standing on the balcony of the stateroom I had booked before I had to cancel and told him to book it. :D

HI. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll go back and take a look at the photo. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Hello from your hometown.

Great review! I've picked up some helpful information.

Thanks for posting the Flowrider photo...it's the first time that I've seen its "innards".

Beachnative

Hello! I am glad you were able to gain some info from the review. It was also the first time I have seen the inside workings of the Flowrider too. I thought it was pretty interesting.

• 4 months later...
Great review! What is in a Lava Flow?

Hello. The Lava Flow has rum, strawberry Island Oasis mix, and rum, and blended ice, and rum.....notice the trend here. :D

I think it is sometimes called a Miami Vice depending on the cruiseline or bartender. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Great review so far! I do have to do some work, so I am finishing tomorrow!

Boo, work :p

For all you photog folks out there I just wanted to say all of my photo's were taken using a Nikon AW100 camera. This is the waterproof (down to 33 feet), shockproof (up to 5 feet), and freezeproof (down to 14 degree's F) compact camera. That's if any of you were interested. :cool:

^ I wish I knew what language you were speaking. I am sure it was interesting right here. ;)

(Me + Cameras = MAJOR confusion)

• 3 months later...
Great pics, great reading! Going on Oasis this Nov on same route - this was a great thread and much appreciated! Can't wait for Senior Frogs and Bolango Bay. Happy sailing!:)

Welcome To CruiseCritic! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. did you choose to go to Bolongo Bay based on my review? :)

Great review so far! I do have to do some work, so I am finishing tomorrow!

Boo, work :p

^ I wish I knew what language you were speaking. I am sure it was interesting right here. ;)

(Me + Cameras = MAJOR confusion)

Heather, sorry I missed this post. I was only describing the camera I used. It was a Nikon model AW100. It is a waterproof, freezeproof, shockproof camera. That just means it's a pretty tuff camera. :)

Harold, thank you so much for the wonderful pictures. Tom & I began our married life teaching in Norfolk. Tom taught a Crossroads Elem and I taught at Norview. This was when kids were sweet and teaching was fun! No fear......

• 5 months later...
Harold, thank you so much for the wonderful pictures. Tom & I began our married life teaching in Norfolk. Tom taught a Crossroads Elem and I taught at Norview. This was when kids were sweet and teaching was fun! No fear......

Hi there! Sorry it has taken me this long to notice your post. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures and were able to gain some helpful tips from my review. I sure know what you mean about when teaching was fun. :)

If anyone out there looks at my signature you can see I have 2 cruises booked for 2014. Feel free to join either of these cruises if your schedules permit. A good time will be had by all!!! :D

Happy New Year, Harold! Look at that! 2 cruises in your ticker. Lucky you!

We are still up in the air on our plans. Sept is Chris's birthday, so you never know!

Hi Susan! Happy New Year to you too! It seems that September is the best month of the year for me to get off from work to take a cruise or two. It would be great to have you and Chris sail with me in September. You know that you have got to get me out on the Flowrider with you guys! :D

Thank you for posting today. I enabled me to find it and enjoy it. We're going on Allure in a year' date=' so I have a long time to live vicariously by others.[/quote']

You are welcome! Allure is a great ship and as you can see I'm going again for the 3rd time later this year. I'll keep checking in here periodically so feel free to ask any questions you might have. :)

Also if you want to read an even better review of the Allure read Gambee's review it is awesome! He has a post earlier on my review and he has links in his signature to his reviews.

Edited by Eng23