Details of the tour part of a Princess Alaska cruisetour

caribill

In May, this "same" cruisetour, is a poor choice, if you are booking land first then cruise.

For Denali Park, you want to be there in June, and certainly not before a cruise if the entire trip is in May. Take your time, and understand all that is involved at Denali. http://www.nps.gov/dena

Even end of May, is only going to get you to mile 53. June 1 and later, the TWT has the option of getting to mile 63, major bear activity. My min. distance in is Eielson, via shuttle bus, which with Princess is easy to do, IF you are willing to make some effort on your own. A lot of people are not. Especially with any cruise tour, that has the worthless Natural History tour- which the majority of Princess cruise tours do. Be fully informed that you are NOT getting into the park.

Make the best plans for you touring priorities and interests.

Thanks for the the web site. It helps in my planning.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful blog! So helpful and informational. We're going on our first cruise tour this May 2014, in about a month. Your blog was one of the most enjoyable to read. Thanks for taking the time and effort to share.

Thank you, thank you so much for taking the time to do this awesome detailed review! I loved every discription and picture. My husband and I are doing a four day land tour in July, 2014 starting in Fairbanks. This was so helpful.

I have read numerous posts recommending doing the land portion first, but apart from being more 'energetic', I fail to see any difference. Am I missing something?

We did a 6-day land tour in China at the end of the cruise last year and had no issues.

By the time we hit the end of our 26 days FLL to Alaska cruise, I'm sure we'll be itching to follow up with some legwork.

I have read numerous posts recommending doing the land portion first, but apart from being more 'energetic', I fail to see any difference. Am I missing something?

By the time we hit the end of our 26 days FLL to Alaska cruise, I'm sure we'll be itching to follow up with some legwork.

For those doing just Whittier to Vancouver or Vancouver to Whittier, many prefer to get the more "energetic" part out the trip out of the way and then unwind on the cruise afterward.

Of course, many go both directions and thus many have the land portion after the cruise also.

Obviously with your cruise starting in FLL your only option is at the end of the cruise and you will have a great time on the land tour after the cruise.

• 2 months later...

We are doing this tour in Sept. and appreciate all your help. I do have a question if anyone can answer. Do the rooms at the lodges have amenities such as shampoo, lotion or do we need to bring our own.

Looking forward to our first trip to Alaska

We are doing this tour in Sept. and appreciate all your help. I do have a question if anyone can answer. Do the rooms at the lodges have amenities such as shampoo, lotion or do we need to bring our own.

Looking forward to our first trip to Alaska

I do not remember about lotion, but they all have shampoo and soap.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=genealogygail&date=9-13-2014&text=The world is a place of beauty&ship=Coral Princess

Aren't there 2 different tundra trips, the one the cruisetour offers and on that is extra, we were told to do the extra

Posts #8 and #9 in this thread describe the differences.

Edited by caribill

• 2 weeks later...

Thank yu for your previous answers but am confused regarding the luggage, we are doing the cruise tour but not conisseur If I had 2 small suitcases what we used to call overnighters 22x14 one for each of us and then a small tote with meds etc. would that be okay for the tour portion and let them have the large one to go on the ship or should I take one large for each, just confused as to what I can take on the bus and train. You can answer me via email if you want, martyandgail@hotmail.com. We are going on Coral in September

Thank you again for the great info

Your two carryon suitcases will meet you in your room each night. You do not take these around with you. Princess moves them separately. They pick them up from your room each time you move. You are given meet me tonight tags each time you change locations on your land tour. You should keep your small medscase with you and will have no trouble taking it on the train, bus etc. ENJOY! Princess makes it very easy on the land tour.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Your two carryon suitcases will meet you in your room each night. You do not take these around with you. Princess moves them separately. They pick them up from your room each time you move. You are given meet me tonight tags each time you change locations on your land tour. You should keep your small medscase with you and will have no trouble taking it on the train, bus etc. ENJOY! Princess makes it very easy on the land tour.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

so if I understand, you can use 2 small cases for the land and then have 1 larger one taken by Princess at the beginning for the cruise. The cases for the land are like 22x14 fit in the overhead on the plane but will need for clothes etc for land, am I on the right track. Thank you

so if I understand, you can use 2 small cases for the land and then have 1 larger one taken by Princess at the beginning for the cruise. The cases for the land are like 22x14 fit in the overhead on the plane but will need for clothes etc for land, am I on the right track. Thank you

Actually, you can each have a large suitcase for land and Princess will take it from each lodge to the next and finally to the ship. (In our case, we combined our land needs into just one large suitcase just to make it simpler for us.)

In addition, you can take the small carryon that fits under your train seat (or on the bus) with you each time you change lodges. Your typical airline carryon on bag will be too thick to fit under a train seat.

And, of course, you can have any additional suitcases taken from you after the first night to be seen next once you are on board the ship.

we picked may because of the price, yes I do realise that we may not get as far into the park, our tour does the tundra wildness tour, coming from australia we are excited to see snow, we cannot afford the prices in June July. my big problem is what to pack as coming from the tropics are winters are 20c

We were on the Coral May 31 - June 8 with land tour following. Being from California, the weather seemed cold to me, and it rained in Juneau and a few other spits of rain here and there. The temperatures on the ship (restaurants, lounges, shops) were fine. The BEST thing I did was pay $20 for a fairly waterproof parka with hood at our first stop in Ketchikan. I lived in that thing! My husband smartened up and got one for himself at our next stop in Juneau. I stuffed it in the suitcase for the trip home and surprisingly it washed up quite well, but for $20 you could pitch it as you head home if you need the suitcase space.