Best Price Negotiated in Grand Cayman for Stingray City or Taxi tour?

Morgsmom

I don't snorkel and can't swim very well. However I still had fun taking the Stingray City snorkeling tour some ten years ago.

We are going back to Grand Cayman Island in April. Would any Stingray City tour be appropriate for a six-year old non-swimmer?

I don't snorkel and can't swim very well. However I still had fun taking the Stingray City snorkeling tour some ten years ago.

We are going back to Grand Cayman Island in April. Would any Stingray City tour be appropriate for a six-year old non-swimmer?

I recently took the tour earlier this year, we booked through Stingray City United and we took our daughter with us, she was 8 though and I had her on my back the whole time even though she was provided with an inflatable life jacket. The water reached me at my stomach so I was pouncing with her as the gentle tide flowed and a member of the crew brought a Stingray up to the top of the water and held it while she touched it. She screamed when it flapped but then immediately wanted to touch it again. We had a wonderful time so I think that you would too with your child :).

We took the tender in and when approached by a lady selling Stingray excursions, we asked if they did one without snorkeling. She said no and left. Well, we hadn't gotten ten feet further when an older lady from her booth came running over and said we could do the Stingray and 1 snorkel stop and just not snorkel. She said it would just be $25 per person. I said that sounded great and paid for the three of us at her booth. I asked others on the bus coming from the trip and they had paid between $35-$49. I felt very good at $25.00.

That sounds great :) the one I took was for $36.00 but it was booked through Stingray City United and when you get off the bus you walk through their beautiful nature trail and you see parrots and love birds. You can also see the wild iguanas running around the compound and wild tarpons that are really huge. They also give you a viewing of the National Geographic Underwater exhibit before heading out to Stingray City. It was well worth the money, I named one of the Iguanas Harry :). The dock is next to Dolphin Cove so if you are lucky and a program is going on you can see the Dolphins do tricks as you head to your boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sean Paul Romera

We're going to be in Grand Caymen in February, and 2 other ships will be in port with us (port schedule site estimates 11,000 total passengers between all 3 ships).

Would waiting until we're in port to try to haggle prices be a good idea? I love haggling, just didn't know if 3 ships is considered a "busy" day for the island and therefore make it much harder to find a "desperate" independent guide group.

I booked online through Stingray city United which was at $36.00 and I got a discount as well. I am not sure what the negotiated prices are but for me this was a pretty sweet deal as you get extra amenities such as the nature trail, Nat Geo photo exhibit and you can even see some huge tarpons and wild iguanas. It was worth the money as we had a really wonderful time on this tour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked a Beach Lunch/Stingray & snorkel tour through Captain Marvin's that included an awesome lunch on a private beach for $75pp. It was like a private tour...only about 14 plus the crew on our double decker boat. (Some of the boats that pulled up to SC looked like clowns getting out of VW's they were so packed!) I am going again next month and am booking the same excursion!

They also offer other tours... captainmarvins .com