a quick first timer's thoughts

marty's mom

Kings Court is certainly always busy so they must be doing something OK

Not my favourite place to dine but I like many others did use it on occasions for the convenience, choice and speed. An odd lay out but once you get used to it it works. I never found a problem finding somewhere to sit but appreciate this may be more difficult if you have any mobility issues

I think it's great to have a choice - I love formal dining but not necessarily three times a day every day

Kings Court is certainly always busy so they must be doing something OK

I think it's great to have a choice - I love formal dining but not necessarily three times a day every day

That's why it's busy.

David

Just come off the QM2 this morning.

From my observations of Kings Court I found it extremely crowded at lunch times and very difficult to move about. The crowds really put me off and I found it much easier to go later when the rush was over. The Britannia was a much better option but could be slow on occasion.

We found the Chef's Galley in Kings Court for breakfast which is a quiet spot and has lactose free milk, fruit selection, seeds, nuts, freshly made juices and smoothies, etc.(I had carrot, spinach and apple juice this morning, not as bad as it sounds!). It is still within easy reach of the main cooking station if you want something hot.

I don't really consider KC as an option for the evening as why would you pay that much money to serve yourself when you can be waited on in the Britannia where the food is excellent and the service second to none. We had a great rapport with our waiters and had extra steamed veg or sauteed spinach every night. When we weren't keen on a menu option, we could always get a steak so felt there was no need to go anywhere else. To be fair, I haven't tried the alternative dining in KC but have heard good reports. I have dined in Todd English and enjoyed it but didn't think it was that superior to the Britannia.

I wasn't too keen on the shows, pretty repetitive, really think it's time for something new. I enjoyed the RADA production of Romeo and Juliet and the murder mystery was good fun. Apparently that's been going for a long while but must have missed it till now.

Loved the quizzes in the Golden Lion although miss Ray's music quizzes in the morning.

I think it's all very personal as what I enjoy, someone else might hate so probably best to do your own thing and just enjoy the ship. It's a fantastic experience and must be doing something right as we all keep coming back!

Just come off the QM2 this morning.

From my observations of Kings Court I found it extremely crowded at lunch times and very difficult to move about. The crowds really put me off and I found it much easier to go later when the rush was over. The Britannia was a much better option but could be slow on occasion.

We found the Chef's Galley in Kings Court for breakfast which is a quiet spot and has lactose free milk, fruit selection, seeds, nuts, freshly made juices and smoothies, etc.(I had carrot, spinach and apple juice this morning, not as bad as it sounds!). It is still within easy reach of the main cooking station if you want something hot.

I don't really consider KC as an option for the evening as why would you pay that much money to serve yourself when you can be waited on in the Britannia where the food is excellent and the service second to none. We had a great rapport with our waiters and had extra steamed veg or sauteed spinach every night. When we weren't keen on a menu option, we could always get a steak so felt there was no need to go anywhere else. To be fair, I haven't tried the alternative dining in KC but have heard good reports. I have dined in Todd English and enjoyed it but didn't think it was that superior to the Britannia.

I wasn't too keen on the shows, pretty repetitive, really think it's time for something new. I enjoyed the RADA production of Romeo and Juliet and the murder mystery was good fun. Apparently that's been going for a long while but must have missed it till now.

Loved the quizzes in the Golden Lion although miss Ray's music quizzes in the morning.

I think it's all very personal as what I enjoy, someone else might hate so probably best to do your own thing and just enjoy the ship. It's a fantastic experience and must be doing something right as we all keep coming back!

The $10 charge in King's Court is for a proper table with waiter service that is far superior to the normal buffet. The buffet is free all the time.

The $10 charge in King's Court is for a proper table with waiter service that is far superior to the normal buffet. The buffet is free all the time.

Sorry, don't think I made myself very clear (no change there!) I meant paying that much money for the cruise just to serve yourself. :)

Archived