menu on the Asia cruises

shanni-shanni

THey have daily an Aisian food aray that is pretty good... every day and far better than the dining room. Thai, Chinese,Melaysian, Indian, etc

Second, they will have on a rotating baisis a 10-11:30 special meal in the Lido as well ( Italian,German, Aisian, Spanish etc)

So, head to the lido... and be happy stir fry to shushi daily... and its excellent because the Holland American staff is Aisian... they will hence cook more passionately their native dishes than western dishes...

THey have daily an Aisian food aray that is pretty good... every day and far better than the dining room. Thai, Chinese,Melaysian, Indian, etc

Second, they will have on a rotating baisis a 10-11:30 special meal in the Lido as well ( Italian,German, Aisian, Spanish etc)

So, head to the lido... and be happy stir fry to shushi daily... and its excellent because the Holland American staff is Aisian... they will hence cook more passionately their native dishes than western dishes...

None of that stuff tastes very Asian to me since I live in Hongcouver. We have some of the best Asian places to eat in the world. I can even do better myself.:)

After living and working in Places from Kaula Lumpur to Tokyo I find it both excellent and well prepared

Hongcouver? Is that in Canada.. If so I suspect that many of the immigrants came from cantonese or mandrin Hong Kong regon before the take-over ( which I dont think of as tops in my book as being very bland as opposed to Hunyan and Schezwan).

But its a matter of taste. I might consider they have westernized some dishes to an extent either by desire .

Chinese food cooked outside China with many non chinese ingredients, by rather westerinized chinese can vairy greatly as can other ethnic foods.

As an example mexican food cooked in the US tastes nothing like that in Mexico, same with France and Italian.Austrian etc

After living and working in Places from Kaula Lumpur to Tokyo I find it both excellent and well prepared

Hongcouver? Is that in Canada.. If so I suspect that many of the immigrants came from cantonese or mandrin Hong Kong regon before the take-over ( which I dont think of as tops in my book as being very bland as opposed to Hunyan and Schezwan).

But its a matter of taste. I might consider they have westernized some dishes to an extent either by desire .

Chinese food cooked outside China with many non chinese ingredients, by rather westerinized chinese can vairy greatly as can other ethnic foods.

As an example mexican food cooked in the US tastes nothing like that in Mexico, same with France and Italian.Austrian etc

Your take would not be welcome at many of the Chinese restaurants in Vancouver, Canada. Their choices are not Westernized. Some are very authentic & offer stuff I would never eat. Air freight makes it very possible to get all kinds of foods to Vancouver, even the stinky Durian fruit. They now ship it by air frozen so it doesn't stink up the plane. :eek:

If it is the same Chinese food they serve on other regular cruises on HA, then I would have to say they are just so so. Way too much salt and soya sauce and not enough 'wok' taste.

I should know being Chinese. Tom

My advise would be to eat ashore where ever possible.

We did a cruise from Hongkong to Singapore last March and in my opinion there is no real Asian food on board but excellent options ashore.

For us an important part of Asia are the culinary delights and i do not mean the westernized food on board.

Archived