Reflection - obstructed view balconies

Grandma Jean

Thanks Bob! Somehow we missed that it was going to be partially obstructed. The overhang wasn't expected, and we didn't care for it, but at least we could look out even though we couldn't see down.

Question about 6305 on Reflection (or equivalent on S-class ships....last cabin deck 6). Is the cabin over seating area in Blu or over the kitchen? The deck plan makes it seem as if it's over the kitchen, but in this photo posted, it seems to be above seating area. Anyone know?

Oopss...photo didn't copy, but it's the one posted by TravlGrl above.

Edited by RealDeal

I stand corrected! Looked on pg 1 & couldn't find the original pic...ooops!

It's ok! :) I went back to page 1 too and saw that I *did* post the view from our balcony in post #10, but he shows a good pic in post #17 of the obstruction as you would see it if you're looking at the ship while it's docked. It's a good vantage point from that angle. What I DO remember is that we didn't have any issues with sound/noise. Whether it was the kitchen or the Blu dining room below us, we didn't hear anything. It was just surprising that we had that long blue overhang right off of our balcony.

It's ok! :) I went back to page 1 too and saw that I *did* post the view from our balcony in post #10, but he shows a good pic in post #17 of the obstruction as you would see it if you're looking at the ship while it's docked. It's a good vantage point from that angle. What I DO remember is that we didn't have any issues with sound/noise. Whether it was the kitchen or the Blu dining room below us, we didn't hear anything. It was just surprising that we had that long blue overhang right off of our balcony.

Thanks! We had a similar cabin on the other side on Solstice & I loved it...my BF not so much. However, I refuse to pay hundreds more to be 2 decks up, so he's going to have to deal with it. My big issue is noise, so as long as it's quiet and not over a kitchen or something, I'm fine w/it!

Thanks! We had a similar cabin on the other side on Solstice & I loved it...my BF not so much. However, I refuse to pay hundreds more to be 2 decks up, so he's going to have to deal with it. My big issue is noise, so as long as it's quiet and not over a kitchen or something, I'm fine w/it!

I completely agree with that line of thinking. Just think of everything else you can do with hundreds more! (cocktails come to mind! ;) )

That's mostly the Blu's dining room area under the blue roof. The kitchen area is mainly where the rear two lifeboat are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=304357&d=1393948996

DSC09484c.jpg.e86d44195062100ca13d021774399659.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I completely agree with that line of thinking. Just think of everything else you can do with hundreds more! (cocktails come to mind! ;) )

Exactly....He can lift his head a bit & look "outward" to see the water...LOL.

Anyone know if 6155 or 6156's balcony is any bigger than the rest? It is on a "slant" of the "bump" but I read that on the reflection it is not really any bigger than other balconies.

TIA

This shot cropped from an larger shot of Reflextion indicates the balconies on the angle of the front bump are the same larger size layout as other Solstice class ships.

attachment.php?attachmentid=304362&d=1393953648

Reflection03a.jpg.af885993a40033ed29d3982f32f05297.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We have just come off the reflection. We were on cabin 6188. Yes it had an obstructed view. We could see the top of the lifeboat, but it really did not bother us at all. We have been on other decks on Sillhouette and equinox and it really made no difference to us. We still sat on the balcony and we could still see the sea when looking out wards.

• 10 months later...

Hi:

My husband and I have booked a cruise for April 2015. We are in cabin 6210. I think it has an obstructed view looking down by can see straight out if you are standing up on the balcony. Being on the hump I'm told is a larger balcony and the view isn't as obstructed if you had a non hump balcony. Just wondering if you stayed in cabin 6210. Any info on the balcony / room would be great.

Regards,

Joanne

I think it depends on your preference and budget.

We have a partially obstructed view balcony cabin booked on the Reflection for the Spring and I am hoping for the best. We originally booked a balcony guarantee, but were given the partially obstructed. It was a great price and less expensive than an outside. I keep checking prices, but thus far, balcony cabins are much more than we are paying. I think it depends on your budget, but for us, we are OK with it.

Ava

Ava, you know once you get an assigned cabin you can usually change it, although into the same category. Do a little research as some obstructed are not as bad as others. Go to Celebrity and do a fake booking to see what cabins are available in your category. On the right it will have a deck plan, make it bigger then see what cabins interest you. You can type those cabin number into the cabin search (bottom of page) and see if they are available. Then go to the link below you can check what others thought of particular cabins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

enjoy,

Duane

• 1 year later...
We have just come off the reflection. We were on cabin 6188. Yes it had an obstructed view. We could see the top of the lifeboat, but it really did not bother us at all. We have been on other decks on Sillhouette and equinox and it really made no difference to us. We still sat on the balcony and we could still see the sea when looking out wards.

I realize this is an old thread, but we just booked cabin 6188 on the Reflection, and I have a question. I have seen pics of this balcony, and I understand the obstruction and have no problem with it at all, I just want fresh air. What I'm curious about is could you see down to the sea between the lifeboats? Thx!

Berni

We are also booked in 6210. I felt that the larger angled balcony and the slight obstruction were well worth the price. We booked for $999 per person. I felt that even the decks above still had those same obstructions. Though that their angle from above will make it less of an issue, but not worth hundreds of dollars more per person.

We had a 2C aft balcony (Cabin 6301) on Reflection and were surprised at the obstruction since it's not designated as having an obstructed view. The obstruction was an overhang/decking that jetted out from Deck 6 about 12-15 feet from the edge of our balcony. You can't see straight down to the water, if that's important to you, but you can easily look out. Here is a pic so you can see it.

TravlGrl, You might want to post your video of the cabin as it might give a better fell for the balcony. Also tell your husband thanks for all the Help!

TravlGrl, You might want to post your video of the cabin as it might give a better fell for the balcony. Also tell your husband thanks for all the Help!

Hi there - I'd post it, but when I just went to go look at it, the very first thing on the screen is his company name. :( I'd get in trouble for that. One time I posted a video here (not even thinking about that; I was just trying to help) and I got banned from CC for a time because they said I was a travel agent, trying to sell. I'm not a travel agent, nor have I ever been one. Anyway, I don't dare post that video or anything else from our channel. :(

DH says thanks, by the way! :)

To the OP, based on bradleyk's suggestion, go to YouTube and type in Celebrity Reflection Veranda Cabin Tour or Balcony Tour, or the cabin category or similar keywords. You'll find a ton of videos from many people that that will give you a really good feel for what you'll see when on your balcony.

We were specifically in Cabin #6301, but the obstruction is not lifeboats. It's a rooftop. So, it's a solid obstruction looking down from left to right. You CAN see out to the sea nicely, though!

Happy Sailing!