Anyone booked on the Crown Princess?

DARNAILZ

Yes! We just booked two days ago for 07/02/2006 Eastern sailing--we are very excited about the new ship and visiting Bermuda again. We got an aft balcony, for around $1950/person. A little steep for my liking, but I am sure well worth it.

Hi...DH and I are booked for September 3, 2006 in an AD mini suite for a much lower price than the balcony cabin rates for the summer.

This will be our first Princess cruise and I am so looking forward to it. DH has no idea I've booked. I'll tell him next Summer. ;)

We are thinking about booking for either September or October of 2006. The eastern carribean itinerary looks very good, there is a one day stop in Bermuda! If so, how are the prices?

We priced a balcony for July (I know - new ship, Summer, NYC, etc.) and found the prices ridiculously high. Maybe they will be better for the Fall or have already come down out of the stratosphere. We definitely passed and have moved on to other cruise opportunities.

By the way, the stop in Bermuda looked to be pretty brief. Good luck.

sueandkent...It seem that those of us who are not booking in the summer months when school is out are getting good deals. ;)

We are booked for Oct 9 eastern. We got an inside Baja deck for $1060/person. We didn't think that was too bad for a 9 day cruise on a new ship out of NYC.

We are booked for Oct 9 eastern. We got an inside Baja deck for $1060/person. We didn't think that was too bad for a 9 day cruise on a new ship out of NYC.

We also booked the Oct. 9th Eastern. Got a BB Veranda for a price we felt was competitive for what we paid for similar cabins on 10 day Norwegian Dawn cruises out of New York. Going to the Caribbean and Bermuda on the same cruise while school is in session without flying anywhere was what attracted us.

sueandkent/madelinerose/Dolphins:

Congratulations on getting some attractive pricing. The Summer pricing was initally so high that we booked a longer Oceania cruise in a comparable balcony cabin for less money. What a shock that was! Granted it is in February '06 vs. Summer '06, but, for us, that is a more appealing time in the Caribbean anyway.

Mike...Enjoy your Oceania cruise! ;)

sueandkent/madelinerose/Dolphins:

Congratulations on getting some attractive pricing. The Summer pricing was initally so high that we booked a longer Oceania cruise in a comparable balcony cabin for less money. What a shock that was! Granted it is in February '06 vs. Summer '06, but, for us, that is a more appealing time in the Caribbean anyway.

Hey Mike....

I just check out the Oceania site. Wow, I'm impressed. Prices are certainly not out of this world, either. I loved the itinerary for the Valentines' Day 06 12-day from Miami. If this is the one you chose, good job!

Maybe next time.

Again, enjoy the pampering! ;)

Dolphins - we have a roll call going already with a few of us chatting. Please check us out on the roll call section.

Sue

Took your advice and signed on. Surprised to hear one had been started more than a year before the cruise.

Hey Mike....

I just check out the Oceania site. Wow, I'm impressed. Prices are certainly not out of this world, either. I loved the itinerary for the Valentines' Day 06 12-day from Miami. If this is the one you chose, good job!

Maybe next time.

I have lots of airline miles so we are getting extra $$ off since we will not be using their free air. I agree that the itinerary is outstanding.

Mike

Hey Mike....

Maybe next time.

We are getting extra $$ off since we will not be using their free air (I have lots of frequent flyer miles). I agree that the itinerary is outstanding.

Mike

Mike-what port are you leaving from?

We are on a RT out of Miami. Air is not an issue since part of their offer is free air. I have a lot of frequent flyer miles so we are getting extra $$ off the cruise.

The inside price is ok but I think the balcony prices are a little steep.

Laura

We too are booked for the 10/9/06 sailing. I'll check in at the Roll Call section. The summer fares were too high, I opted for Oct. (about $800 cheaper). We are in a BB for @$2800 includes all fees and taxes ($80 cheaper if I go further aft) but we like to be close to the stairs. I saw the great deal on the AD's but DH won't go to the Dolphin Deck, too bad for me!! This will my second Princess sailing.

We too are booked for the 10/9/06 sailing. I'll check in at the Roll Call section. The summer fares were too high, I opted for Oct. (about $800 cheaper). We are in a BB for @$2800 includes all fees and taxes ($80 cheaper if I go further aft) but we like to be close to the stairs. I saw the great deal on the AD's but DH won't go to the Dolphin Deck, too bad for me!! This will my second Princess sailing.

Hello nannyny...We just sailed together on the Dawn. Did you get to pick your own cabin? And what deck is your cabin on since your hubby said no to the AD on the Dolphin deck? I'm guessing the Dolphin deck isn't any good. I too would like to get the mini suite but there are no perks like on the Dawn so a reg. balcony would be good enough. Thanks in advance for any input.

~~Debbie~~

nanny...What about an AD on the Emerald deck? ;)

Archived