Personal items safe - cabana rental

ZimmCouple

We have an over the water cabana rented in Labadee, there will just be two of us, just wondering how safe it is to leave your personal things in your cabana if you are both in the water (same for a larger group too).

I'm thinking about sea pass card, cameras, cash for tip, etc

Thanks!

No one will go into YOUR cabana.....but you shouldn't bring really valuable things to the beach, anyway....

No one else can use your seapass to get on the ship....your photo is linked! Camera and cash will be safe and fine! Just stick them in your tote bags.

Not that it really matters but, are you on Barefoot beach or Nellies beach. (Barefoot is for suites,soon after sailing any cabanas left available are opened up for all ---no matter what cabin---- to reserve so all can enjoy). On our last July sailing on Freedom the day we arrived their were still 3 cabanas on Barefoot beach available for booking.

We have always been fortunate to be on Barefoot beach, with the booking of a suite, and although we have never booked a cabana, we have never had any issues with anyone bothering our personal belongings.

We usually are the first ones off the ship, quickly walk to Barefoot, get the same tree--3 chase loungers, meet our attendant (local working for tips), show him our soda card.

Have left camera, sunglasses,sea passes, towels, money, and souveniers. Have never had a problem with anything being taken.

We opt not to get a cabana, because we are only at the beach for a brief period, we do the ski jets, roller coaster eat, vendors, volleyball. So for us the 1-2 hours at barefoot beach the chase loungers are fine.

Those attendants seem to keep an eye on everything.

Kept us refilled with soda, everytime he saw our cup run dry.

When we sail this upcoming July, and if you are on our sailing we will once again be the three amigos amoung the first ones off to get our tree and loungers, then jet ski......................

Labadee is our favorite Island, that is why we sail Western.........

Enjoy your cabana, have heard great reviews about them.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Again, why take valuables to the beach?

Although I cannot speak for the OP ........

I don't think it is so much in the way of valuables, but I consider our camera with pictures "priceless" and they probably had a concern of someone doing the

"FIVE FINGER DISCOUNT"

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Again, why take valuables to the beach?

My "valuables" would be my camera, sea pass card, and a small amount of cash for attendant tips in the cabana.

I feel much better now having heard that the attendants do a good job of monitoring activity. We don't plan to really leave the area of our cabana during the day (except to get lunch at Barefoot and time in the water), so it isn't a huge concern - but something I was curious about just in case!

No one will go into YOUR cabana.....

This is what we thought however, this wasn't the case. We had an over the water cabana on Nellies. We decided to go to lunch so we placed 3 of the beach mats near the railing and 1 inside the cabana (the area where the lounge chairs are). My mat was actually wedged between the railing and some rocks. In other words it was rather secure.

When we returned we noticed our mats were gone. We located our cabana attendant to see if he was aware of what happened. He had no idea of what happened to our mats. At that point he left to get us 4 more mats. As we were looking at people enjoying themselves floating on mats I noticed what appeared to be the mat I used. There was a distinctive mark on it so I told my friend that appeared to be my mat. Upon looking at the other mats in the area we were able to identify each of the mats as the ones provided to us. These people not only came up the stairs to our cabana, they came inside in order to take the 4th mat.

When the people on the mats realized we were on to them, they returned the mats and apologized. One woman stated her kids saw them and asked if they were free then took it upon themselves to take them. Our mats were far enough inside the cabana for us to feel nobody would bother them. Our biggest issue was the fact that someone entered our cabana while we were away.

Knowing someone had entered our cabana while we were away, we of course checked our bags and fortunately nothing was missing. We were under the impression that our cabana would be secure but we clearly were under the wrong impression.

Here is the kicker....the woman who came over and apologized stated she would have come over sooner but they were in the middle of a baptism.:eek: I never heard of a baptism that involved floating on mats.

This is what we thought however, this wasn't the case. We had an over the water cabana on Nellies. We decided to go to lunch so we placed 3 of the beach mats near the railing and 1 inside the cabana (the area where the lounge chairs are). My mat was actually wedged between the railing and some rocks. In other words it was rather secure.

When we returned we noticed our mats were gone. We located our cabana attendant to see if he was aware of what happened. He had no idea of what happened to our mats. At that point he left to get us 4 more mats. As we were looking at people enjoying themselves floating on mats I noticed what appeared to be the mat I used. There was a distinctive mark on it so I told my friend that appeared to be my mat. Upon looking at the other mats in the area we were able to identify each of the mats as the ones provided to us. These people not only came up the stairs to our cabana, they came inside in order to take the 4th mat.

When the people on the mats realized we were on to them, they returned the mats and apologized. One woman stated her kids saw them and asked if they were free then took it upon themselves to take them. Our mats were far enough inside the cabana for us to feel nobody would bother them. Our biggest issue was the fact that someone entered our cabana while we were away.

Knowing someone had entered our cabana while we were away, we of course checked our bags and fortunately nothing was missing. We were under the impression that our cabana would be secure but we clearly were under the wrong impression.

Here is the kicker....the woman who came over and apologized stated she would have come over sooner but they were in the middle of a baptism.:eek: I never heard of a baptism that involved floating on mats.

OMG

WOW

This is the first I have read of an issue of personal belongings, and or floats being "borrowed" or taken on Labadee, especially for some one walking upto some one elses Cabana.

I am still shocked.

But, it was vacationers, not islanders.

I guess we are too trustworthy.

MMMMMMMMMM

Things may change a little for us this July.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

OMG

WOW

This is the first I have read of an issue of personal belongings, and or floats being "borrowed" or taken on Labadee, especially for some one walking upto some one elses Cabana.

I am still shocked.

Believe me, we were shocked. We will be sure to rotate going for lunch the next time we're in Labadee. We loved having the cabana and having the issue we faced won't keep us from getting a cabana on our next visit. We'll just have to be more careful.

Archived