Cucina del Capitano.....reservations needed?

SNJCruisers

We are sailing the Breeze on the 8th and are looking forward to trying out Cucina.

I have two quick questions..

1. What does the $12pp cover?

Is it a basic appetizer, entree, dessert?

Or can you order as much as you'd like?

2. We don't partake in formal nights so we are looking to go on a formal night.

Is Cucina open during formal nights?

And is it regular dress or do we have to dress formal if it's a formal night?

Thanks in advance.

Let me start by saying we ate there three times on the Trans-Atlantic... great food.

To answer your questions:

1. you get app, entree, dessert. On our third night (last night of the cruise) my wife had a hard time deciding on 2 desserts and they brought us a combined 3 desserts, no extra cost. The menu indicates there would be extra cost for extra entree's.

The portion size is huge.... the chicken parm is literally a large dinner plate. I struggled to finish it.

2. It will be opened. The dress is cruise casual the entire time. Keep in mind you might see folks in formal attire, but they wont turn you away.

I think you are not allowed shorts, cut off shirts, or non dress-flipflops.

Hope that helps!

Let me start by saying we ate there three times on the Trans-Atlantic... great food.

To answer your questions:

1. you get app, entree, dessert. On our third night (last night of the cruise) my wife had a hard time deciding on 2 desserts and they brought us a combined 3 desserts, no extra cost. The menu indicates there would be extra cost for extra entree's.

The portion size is huge.... the chicken parm is literally a large dinner plate. I struggled to finish it.

2. It will be opened. The dress is cruise casual the entire time. Keep in mind you might see folks in formal attire, but they wont turn you away.

I think you are not allowed shorts, cut off shirts, or non dress-flipflops.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for answering!

I noticed someone mentioned risotto balls as an appetizer.

However, when I look at the menu (posted in April 2011), I don't see them on there.

Are there risotto balls? Possibly that's an old menu?

Thank you for answering!

However, when I look at the menu (posted in April 2011), I don't see them on there.

It's the recommended appetizer...Arancini.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_breeze/pdf/Cucina_del_Capitano_Menu.pdf

Thank you for answering!

As the previous poster posted, it is Arancini.

My wife had them all three times, and thought they were excellent. I tried the meatballs, the calamari and the Minestrone soup and loved all three.

Thanks for the heads up. We are leaving on the Magic in two weeks and I emailed the restaurant and got reservations for 2 nights in the Cucina.

They emailed me back the confirmation within hours of my request.

Andrea

You do realize that night number 2 is the first cruise elegant or formal night.

yes, see that with the email reply we got from the Restaurant. Not sure if that is good or bad, or if we will do 2 elegant nights.....is there an advantage to not going there on an elegant night? We aren't the biggest dresser uppers LOL

yes, see that with the email reply we got from the Restaurant. Not sure if that is good or bad, or if we will do 2 elegant nights.....is there an advantage to not going there on an elegant night? We aren't the biggest dresser uppers LOL

On cruise elegant nights, it's not like it was back in the day. As long as the men have on long slacks and a collared shirt, they are good to go. Your significant other can go with a dressy blouse and slacks or a dress, whichever she feels more comfortable in. It would be a shame to miss out on the two meals in the MDR on the 2 cruise elegant nights since they are usually the best. Since you're going on the 8 night sailing on the Breeze, it would be on nights 2 and 7. I would book the Cucina for night 3 and if you're thinking about going to the Steakhouse, save that for night 8. Can't think of a better way to end your cruise.

Archived