Cucina del Capitano.....reservations needed?

SNJCruisers

Regarding our upcoming Breeze cruise, we're looking forward to the Cucina del Capitano. We know that it is free for lunch and that it's 12.00 pp for dinner....but are reservations needed for dinner like at the Steakhouse or can you just walk in and hopefully be seated? Thanks.

Reservations needed, but easy to get on board. LOVE the Cucina!

Is the dinner pacing comparable to the MDR and obviously not as long as the Steakhouse? With regards to the menu, the risotto balls, spaghetti carbonara, short ribs and tiramisu seem to be calling out to me. ;)

Is the dinner pacing comparable to the MDR and obviously not as long as the Steakhouse? With regards to the menu, the risotto balls, spaghetti carbonara, short ribs and tiramisu seem to be calling out to me. ;)

Quicker, if I remember correctly...

We got off the Breeze a week ago....ate at Cucina a few times and LOVED it. The dinner pacing for us was slower than MDR, they let you take all the time you want. On our particular cruise, you definitely needed a reservation or you couldn't get in. We tried to add one more couple to an already made reservation and couldn't even do that they were so busy.We made the reservations while on the ship several days out, and suggest you to do the same if you have picked out a special nite to eat there (or you may not get in). Mangia!! Enjoy!!

Do you know if you can make reservations in advance of sailing? thanks, Ken

You could try BRCUCINA@carnival, this link is a few months old, so it hasnt been updated. Or you could email the steakhouse and Im sure they could help you with a reservation

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Carnival_Magics_Cucina_del_Capitano.htm

For dinner, there is a nominal $12 charge per adult and $5 charge per child 11 and under. The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as beer, wine, liquor, soda and bottled water.

Reservations can be made on board and walk-ins are welcome as well. In addition, guests can make reservations prior to the cruise by emailing the ship and including the following information:

· Name

· Saildate

· Stateroom number

· Number of guests for dinner

· Preferred time for dining

Carnival Magic: MCCUCINA@carnival.com

Carnival Breeze: Pre-Cruise reservations are not accepted at this time

Carnival Sunshine: Pre-Cruise reservations are not accepted at this time

You could try BRCUCINA@carnival, this link is a few months old, so it hasnt been updated. Or you could email the steakhouse and Im sure they could help you with a reservation

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Carnival_Magics_Cucina_del_Capitano.htm

Yes, I made mine in June for January 2013 Breeze via email: BRCUCINA@carnival.com

Thanks! Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Great to know that reservations are needed. My 15 year old has a thing for pasta and I'm glad she can't run up my S&S account eating there every night!

On a serious note, when you email for reservations, is it then put on your S&S account once you've eaten, or is it paid for when you reserve? We have friends going and would like to reserve a table together, but would rather not deal with swapping money, etc.

hmmmm....I really would like to try this for dinner one night but I have no idea which night I would want to go.

Good info on this thread! Thanks!!

Now I will just have to decide if I want to make a reservation in advance or just wait and see what happens when I sail.

Great to know that reservations are needed. My 15 year old has a thing for pasta and I'm glad she can't run up my S&S account eating there every night!

On a serious note, when you email for reservations, is it then put on your S&S account once you've eaten, or is it paid for when you reserve? We have friends going and would like to reserve a table together, but would rather not deal with swapping money, etc.

They do not charge you when you make reservation. You pay at dinner.

First of all, reservations are not needed, but the capacity is not too large and it could be full during prime time, so reservations are recommended. But, since the pasta bar is free at lunch time, that would be the best time for your DD to enjoy her pasta.

sent an email for the Breeze and we were sent a reply a little while later asking for what date, time, etc we wanted the reservation for.

We made it for the 2nd night, so I will see if we get some sort of confirmation sent to us here, or on board when we arrive....

sent an email for the Breeze and we were sent a reply a little while later asking for what date, time, etc we wanted the reservation for.

We made it for the 2nd night, so I will see if we get some sort of confirmation sent to us here, or on board when we arrive....

You do realize that night number 2 is the first cruise elegant or formal night.

hmmmm....I really would like to try this for dinner one night but I have no idea which night I would want to go

Now I will just have to decide if I want to make a reservation in advance or just wait and see what happens when I sail.

Same with me. I'd like to see the MDR daily menu for my cruise & then decide what night :rolleyes:

If you make your reservation in advance and you change your mind, you can always cancel. But, if you wait until you get on board and one night after seeing the dinner menu at the MDR you decide to go to the Cucina, they might be booked up solid.

In general, IMHO, the best night to make alternative dinner reservations is on night 3, because it's the night after the first formal night and the menu is usually not up to par that night compared to the other nights.

If you make your reservation in advance and you change your mind, you can always cancel. But, if you wait until you get on board and one night after seeing the dinner menu at the MDR you decide to go to the Cucina, they might be booked up solid.

In general, IMHO, the best night to make alternative dinner reservations is on night 3, because it's the night after the first formal night and the menu is usually not up to par that night compared to the other nights.

True and a good point!

We are sailing the Breeze on the 8th and are looking forward to trying out Cucina.

I have two quick questions..

1. What does the $12pp cover?

Is it a basic appetizer, entree, dessert?

Or can you order as much as you'd like?

2. We don't partake in formal nights so we are looking to go on a formal night.

Is Cucina open during formal nights?

And is it regular dress or do we have to dress formal if it's a formal night?

Thanks in advance.

Archived