How many formal nights on the Glory

Just wondering how many formal nights there are on the glory. My wife and sister in law will be taking this trip and they want more reasons to go shopping! And any thing you would like to say about your trip on the Glory that could help them out on their trip in Sept. would be helpful Thanks Jeff

Jeff,

From What I Understand There Are Two Nights, Sunday And Thursday.

Thats Is For The Eastern Car. Trip.

I / We Don't Plan On Taking Our Dress Cloths This Trip. We Did Last Cruise, And There Was More People Sitting Around In Casual Cloths.

So We All Said Hell With It This Time. More Space In The Suit Case As Well. I Wear A Monkey Suit At Work So I'm Glad Nobody Wants To This Trip. Personally I Think Its Stupid To Do It.

Just My .02

Budlight

Hi Jeff,

We had two formal nights on the Western Glory trip of April 9 2005. They took place on Monday and Thursday.

We dressed up and it was fun, we have some great pictures that our waiter took for us so it was worth the effort.

There were three of us in our room, so I used the Spa to shower and get dressed. This worked very well for me. Not many passengers seem to think of doing this. I finished off my makeup in the room.

One thing I would do differently is to take only one "dressy" outfit and change the look with a different short jacket or maybe I'll get one of the long scarves that they sell in the onboard shops.

Mary

Thanks Mary, Good idea about making two outfits with just another jacket. I will need to go shopping for a new jacket. Love to dress up while cruseing. Its the only time I do!! So looking forawrd to go on the Glory and seeing it all! Thanks Jeffs wife Panda

Panda, have fun shopping!!!! You will find that most people dress up very nicely on formal nights, and it is a lovely evening(s)!!!! The photo ops are great... the food is good, the atmosphere of all the people dressed so nicely. It's a great night!! Enjoy your cruise!!!!

:p Do some people just wear "cloth?" What kind of cloth? Tablecloth maybe? Sorry couldn't resist! Don't bash me for having a sense of humor!

Actually, you are RIGHT! :D We were on a Princess ship once when it was soooooooo cold in the dining room that the waiters would just bring a tablecloth to anyone who needed to use it as a blanket! You could have hung meat in that place! :D

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

• 4 weeks later...
Jeff,

From What I Understand There Are Two Nights, Sunday And Thursday.

Thats Is For The Eastern Car. Trip.

I / We Don't Plan On Taking Our Dress Cloths This Trip. We Did Last Cruise, And There Was More People Sitting Around In Casual Cloths.

So We All Said Hell With It This Time. More Space In The Suit Case As Well. I Wear A Monkey Suit At Work So I'm Glad Nobody Wants To This Trip. Personally I Think Its Stupid To Do It.

Just My .02

Budlight[/quote=]we will be seated at the red neck table.

On Western Glory - 2 formal nites Mon & Thurs. almost everyone in the dining room was dressed appropriately in dress clothes on those formal nites -many women in long formal dresses. On the other nights Carnival says casual and it was much more casual clothing. Search & you'll find our review/opinion of June 4 Glory cruise. The Glory is a beautiful ship and you'll have a nice time just be aware of caribbean weather in Sept. (height of the hurricane season) and be prepared with sea sickness meds just in case. We went thru tropical system one day on our June 4th cruise but it wasn't that bad.

Budlight[/quote=]we will be seated at the red neck table.

HA HA ! Thats a good one Bob. But lets not forget who lives in Kentucky, and is married to his couisin.

P.S. You owe me 32 beers from our last cruise.

Budlight

Archived