Movie Theatre on the Riviera?

LewiLewi

There is no movie theatre per se but they did show a movie in the Riviera Lounge one night and as mentioned above you can borrow DVDs from Reception. On embarkation day there will be a list of DVDs in your cabin. I suggest making your choices early as at least one of the movies my husband and I wanted to watch was always out. The movie they showed in the Lounge was released in June 2012 and the selection of DVDs covered quite a range.

They also have MUTS on some cruises (on the O class ships) but very small screen out on the pool deck, get there early ;)

They show movies on the TV just check the schedule located in your room for days & times

Lyn

They also have MUTS on some cruises (on the O class ships) but very small screen out on the pool deck, get there early ;)

They show movies on the TV just check the schedule located in your room for days & times

Lyn

Not so much a small screen, as awkward to see from some angles.

Riviera-7342.JPG

In this photograph, the on-deck movie screen may be seen just behind the ceramic bench at the far side of the pool.

Not so much a small screen, as awkward to see from some angles.

In this photograph, the on-deck movie screen may be seen just behind the ceramic bench at the far side of the pool.

I guess what I am saying ...it is small by movie theater standards

if you have a Media room in your home it may be the same size as the screen on the pool deck ;)

Lyn

Very interesting what cruise lines decide to include or not include on their ships. Although Crystal has an actual movie theater and even serves popcorn, I have always walked past the theater and never felt the desire to watch a movie while sailing. On the other hand I know others who really like the onboard movies. Then other lines, like O include miniature golf and a therapy pool.

One of my favorite things on the Crystal Symphony was the movie theater; many current films shown plus the popcorn.

Will it be warm enough to watch the movies outdoors on deck on O? Is the area sheltered and are movies shown only in the evening?

Will it be warm enough to watch the movies outdoors on deck on O? Is the area sheltered and are movies shown only in the evening?

Warmth largely depends on when your cruise is and where in the world you're sailing.

The area is both sheltered and un-sheltered as you will see from the photo's posted in this thread (see post #6).

Yes, films are only shown in the evening, well, after dark. During daylight hours the screen displays a diagram of the ship's position for the cruise in progress.

Archived