Le Cirque or not to Le Cirque?

Beejay4016

I'm going to book Le Cirque for us on our December 16 cruise on the Westerdam. It sounds like a great experience. We tried the Pinnacle Grill on the Maasdam and were not impressed enough to do it again. Le Cirque is the night our ship leaves late from Cozumel.

Having been to the real Le Cirque at Beacon Court in NYC a few times, I thought I would try it on my last cruise. I thought it was very good, but fell far short of the real Le Cirque dining experience. I think the Pinnacle Grill on a normal night stands well on its own and probably wont bother with the Le Cirque again. But, that's not etched in stone. If you've never experienced it, they will give you a taste of the real thing. Its good, but falls a little short of the original, which is great. I would recommend trying it.

HAL's website has a menu for Le Cirque that is different from some reports I've read. It doesn't matter, but here is the posted menu. The reports I've read have said that now it's just the lobster appetizer instead of a choice. (And even with a choice of the other two, I'd order the lobster.) And corn soup instead of the two soups listed. And several entrees listed on the website but reports of only three (fish, lamb, and beef). I know I want the lamb, so once again it doesn't really matter. But I wondered which info is up to date.

HAL's website has a menu for Le Cirque that is different from some reports I've read. It doesn't matter, but here is the posted menu. The reports I've read have said that now it's just the lobster appetizer instead of a choice. (And even with a choice of the other two, I'd order the lobster.) And corn soup instead of the two soups listed. And several entrees listed on the website but reports of only three (fish, lamb, and beef). I know I want the lamb, so once again it doesn't really matter. But I wondered which info is up to date.

That's the menu that we had on the N.A. in July. The lobster was very small and not particularly good. The rest of the meal was about the same. The food in the MDR was better IMO.

Archived