Passport Stolen / Cruise leaves Monday

Rehr

Well that doesn't make any sense! Why wouldn't they give you a report if your car was broken into? :confused:

Not sure how it is all over South Florida but I know of atleast six different sets of law enforcement agencies in the area that only give out a police card (like a business card) with a case number on it. They have X amount of days to get the report written, approved by a supervisor, and then you can request a copy.

We had a theft at work a couple of months ago and I also requested a copy of the police report. They wouldnt give me one because the investigation was still ongoing. I finally received one about 3 weeks later

There should still be a case number they can give you immediately, for your insurance company.

Not sure how it is all over South Florida but I know of atleast six different sets of law enforcement agencies in the area that only give out a police card (like a business card) with a case number on it. They have X amount of days to get the report written, approved by a supervisor, and then you can request a copy.

Same here, give you a case # and tell you you can pick one up in 10 days.

Is the OP going to try to board the ship, or just hang out in Florida for the day? Did we get an update?

Sounds like they are not going to try to get on the ship?

The police won't give us a report. We're cutting our losses and going to enjoy our time in Fort Lauderdale as much as possible.

Sounds like the OP did not get on the ship.

Rehr, I would encourage you to order two copies of your BC. As a 25 y/o, no reason to not have your own copy (of course, you could still give another one to your mom or put it in a safe deposit box or in a safe in your home). BCs are easy to obtain and not all that expensive.

Archived