Passport Stolen / Cruise leaves Monday

Rehr

My car was broken into and our travel documents were stolen about 2 hours ago. Trying to brainstorm on how to get on board Monday. We do have drivers licenses and Carnival told me they may be able to work with a faxed legible copy of our birth certificates. Unfortunately Monday is a federal holiday... I'm so angry at myself for leaving my bag in the car. Anyone had luck with being at the port without a BC or passport?

It's out of Port of Miami... I've looked into ferrying in on Tuesday from Fort Lauderdale to Freeport, then ferrying from Freeport to Nassau... I could make it on the ship by the time it sets sail.

My car was broken into and our travel documents were stolen about 2 hours ago. Trying to brainstorm on how to get on board Monday. We do have drivers licenses and Carnival told me they may be able to work with a faxed legible copy of our birth certificates. Unfortunately Monday is a federal holiday... I'm so angry at myself for leaving my bag in the car. Anyone had luck with being at the port without a BC or passport?

I believe that birth certificates are on file at the state level, not federal level. I was born in Pennsylvania and needed a raised seal copy of my BC from Harrisburg, which is the state capital, when I purchased my first passport 10 years ago. I would contact the appropriate office in Columbus first thing this morning and see what they can do for you. Good luck.

I may be able to get a copy of my passport card, I bought both. I have a mild idea of where it could be. But, that leaves my boyfriend out and I wouldn't go without him :)

I wish I could find a contact on a Saturday... Idk if there's anyplace in govt open for the next 3 days...

From the US Passport webpage. There is a phone number you can call even during Federal Holidays to get a passport replacement. It's worth a try. It's under "life and death emergency", but surely you could still try!

"If an appointment that will meet your needs is not available and you are calling on a federal holiday or during hours the CSRs are not available, please call 202-647-4000 and explain your situation to the operator."

Google 24 hour passport or use a site like this one. It will cost you but it should work. We've had to do this before in Chicago - my son ran to a CVS in the morning to take a new picture, ran downtown and walked out with a new passport same day. Good luck!

http://www.visapassportpro.com/?gclid=CJXmz8DExLMCFexAMgodfzoA5w

Sorry to hear your vacation started out this way - what a bummer!

If you cannot get your passport, get a copy of the police report bring your driver's license and get to the pier early. Ask to speak with a supervisor and they will most likely work with you. The police report will have the date of the incident and give you some leverage.

Best of luck

If everything else fails, at least you can get a full refund through your travel insurance policy. One of the things that it covers is lost or stolen passports! :)

Hope you don't get to the point of having to file an insurance claim, and that you are able to go! :)

Sorry to hear your vacation started out this way - what a bummer!

If you cannot get your passport, get a copy of the police report bring your driver's license and get to the pier early. Ask to speak with a supervisor and they will most likely work with you. The police report will have the date of the incident and give you some leverage.

Best of luck

Why tell the op that? It won't work

Keep in mind, it is the US Customs that would prevent you from sailing....NOT CCL. Do you not have your birth certs? You would have needed them to get your passports originally. Fax or email a copy to CCL and take them with you for customs (which require an original state issued BC) as you will need proof of citizenship to get back into the US.

I'm grasping here but how about your boyfriends doctor? A notarized statement stating his name and birthdate. There are notaries everywhere. That may hold Carnival off until Tuesday when you can get a more official document.

This is from the US Customs and Border patrol. Here is the link for their site:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1139/~/documents-needed-to-take-a-cruise

U.S. Citizens on closed-loop cruises will be able to enter or depart the country on the cruise with proof of citizenship, such as an original or copy of his or her birth certificate (issued by the Vital Records Department in the state where he or she was born) and, if 16 or older, a government issued photo ID. If the child is a newborn and the actual birth certificate has not arrived from the Vital Records Department, we will accept a Hospital issued birth certificate. The United States does not require you to have a passport. (A Consular report of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State or a Certificate of Naturalization is also acceptable.)

Keep in mind, it is the US Customs that would prevent you from sailing....NOT CCL. Do you not have your birth certs? You would have needed them to get your passports originally. Fax or email a copy to CCL and take them with you for customs (which require an original state issued BC) as you will need proof of citizenship to get back into the US.

This is what I was thinking. Where are your birth certificates? You had to have them at one time to get passports. No problem boarding with birth certificates and photo ID. Are you already travelling and they are at home? Perhaps someone can get them and overnight them to you or I have heard of faxed copies being accepted in extreme cases like yours.

They said go to the port and take my chances with port security. We found out we can't do the ferry because its not "closed loop". They took my passport & his birth certificate. The only thing my mom can find is 1/4 of my birth certificate, I told her to search for the rest... We have called every government branch I could think of and they couldn't do anything for us until Tuesday...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone :) we will stay optimistic...

They said go to the port and take my chances with port security. We found out we can't do the ferry because its not "closed loop". They took my passport & his birth certificate. The only thing my mom can find is 1/4 of my birth certificate, I told her to search for the rest... We have called every government branch I could think of and they couldn't do anything for us until Tuesday...

Long shot here, but can your boyfriend get a copy of his birth certificate from his place of employment? He would have given them a drivers license and birth certificate or a passport to complete his I-9 form and I think employers usually make copies for their file. Maybe you can at least get a copy to increase your chances of boarding.

And you know this how........

I told the OP this because, it may work - we had a similar situation a few years back.

So rather than make a statement like that - did you offer a solution? Didn't think so

Originally Posted by SeaUs viewpost.gif

Best of luck to you.....

Hmmm - seems they told her the same thing :p

Best of luck to you - Rehr

Archived