New To Azamara - On Journey 14th Nov - Questions! help please

sophiesnores

Have cruised RCI and Celebrity before but not Azamara and have a few last minute questions (some of which will hopefully help with packing).

I'm in a verandah room if that makes any difference

is the free wine with lunch n dinner included in room service?

are binoculars provided? (Suez Transit)

are toiletries provided? if so what/which brand

what is resort casual? linen trousers/tops, capri pants, sundresses ok?

Thanks in anticipation :D

H

Have cruised RCI and Celebrity before but not Azamara and have a few last minute questions (some of which will hopefully help with packing).

H

Hello Sophie

You are in for a treat as you enjoy Journey - a great ship with a lovely crew.

To answer your questions

The wine (white, red and rose) is not normally included in room service though sometimes helpful stewards will bring it if you order a meal in your room. It is easy though to go up to the Windows Cafe to get a glass during meal time without having a meal

Binoculars are provided

The toiletries are a brand made for Azamara - about rose - and although the name might make you think it is a strong floral smell, its actually quite unisex. They provide shower gel, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner

As regards the dress code basically in the evening anything except jeans or shorts is acceptable so you will be fine

During the day, yes a sundress, many are wearing them, in the evening, you would probably want a top

Hope this helps, you will find a lovely English Captain on board (Jason Ikiadis, do not be fooled by the surname!) and your cruise director is a fun and very talented Geordie

I wish I was back on Journey now - its a month since we were on board, it feels like a long time now and I miss it!!!

Enjoy your cruise

just ask. .doubt if you will be in your cabin at lunch. .yuo should be on a deck with camera

yes but not as good as my own

i bring my own conditioner. . bring toothpaste and mouthwash

i almsot always wear a dress and rarely need a shawl but in the show room. i am generally warm...

H

welcome

Hello Sophie

You are in for a treat as you enjoy Journey - a great ship with a lovely crew.

To answer your questions

The wine (white, red and rose) is not normally included in room service though sometimes helpful stewards will bring it if you order a meal in your room. It is easy though to go up to the Windows Cafe to get a glass during meal time without having a meal

Binoculars are provided

The toiletries are a brand made for Azamara - about rose - and although the name might make you think it is a strong floral smell, its actually quite unisex. They provide shower gel, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner

As regards the dress code basically in the evening anything except jeans or shorts is acceptable so you will be fine

During the day, yes a sundress, many are wearing them, in the evening, you would probably want a top

Hope this helps, you will find a lovely English Captain on board (Jason Ikiadis, do not be fooled by the surname!) and your cruise director is a fun and very talented Geordie

I wish I was back on Journey now - its a month since we were on board, it feels like a long time now and I miss it!!!

Enjoy your cruise

Can pack a bit less now :D but will I :rolleyes:

Did you take any of the drinks packages? Worth it? :beer: we have plenty of sea days...... hic :what:

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Can pack a bit less now :D but will I :rolleyes:

Did you take any of the drinks packages? Worth it? :beer: we have plenty of sea days...... hic :what:

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

We did not take any packages because we are wine drinkers and with lunch wine being available from 12- 2.30 I was asleep on the sea day we had by mid afternoon! We calculated as you have to take them for the whole trip so you might be ahead some days but you will be behind on a lot more, however you may drink different items to us. Do not forget you can take your own drink on board - we often take duty free spirits so we can enjoy pre dinner drinks on the balcony. We have also picked up a couple of bottles of beer in some ports but I am not sure your itinerary is as "drink shopper friendly"

I would not lug binoculars unless you are really serious about seeing a lot on shore, we have found the ones in the room absolutely fine, but maybe of course we do not know what good ones would show us ;)

Archived