Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gotta head to work now. I am going in order, almost done replying to all of them, I think there are only like 10 missing. If have not replied to yours no worries, I will get to it. Most likely tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone :)

Edited by gambee

Gambee,

Your review comments and photos are immensely helpful, esp. what to avoid (the shops) and what to expect. I just want a sandy, uncrowded beach and water with waves and a soft sandy bottom. It sounds like Adranaline Beach doesn't have the latter, so... which beach??

I too have had skin cancer and must either be out of the sun or when I am in it I am in sun-resistent, unattractive swimwear. I have ziplined plenty of times, not interested in water parks or kids, do kayaking where I live and plan to do so elsewhere on this trip, so water and sand is my goal for this destination.

Gambee,

Your review comments and photos are immensely helpful, esp. what to avoid (the shops) and what to expect. I just want a sandy, uncrowded beach and water with waves and a soft sandy bottom. It sounds like Adranaline Beach doesn't have the latter, so... which beach??

You could try Nellie's Beach. It's where my DH and I spent the day. It is where the kayaks take off from, but it has some trees for shade and you don't have to pass the shops to get there (which is why we like it). Columbus beach is larger and has the water park so it tends to be a bit busier. :)

Now i can hardly wait til my cruise on Allure Nov. 10, 2013. What a wonderful thing you did, Gambee. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Lolita;)

You're so very welcome, glad you enjoyed.

Thank you(again) Gambee!

The only reason I am not quite as sad as others that this spectacular review has ended is I just happen to be leaving in 2 1/2 days for our first trip on the Allure!! :):) (spending 1 night pre cruise in FLL) Perfect timing for me!!

We did our first cruise for my 40th birthday, and this weekend will be my 5? bday, and we will be going on our 14th cruise. Can't wait!

I am one who really likes to know before hand all the details, and this review has most certainly provided them.

Best to you, your mom and bf. Thank you so much for all your time spent!

By now should be boarding tomorrow, have a blast, glad you enjoyed my review.

Just ended day 4 in St. Thomas aboard Allure.

If I may, I would like to add some news items about the Allure.

To our surprise, we found a new offering this week on Allure. it is unlimited Internet for the week for $149. Use it as much as you want from one device on line at a time.

I haven't verified the speed yet but so far it is quite fast.

gambee- you said you didn't go to the sushi restaurant due to a service charge or cover. I must say, you really missed a great high quality sushi on the allure. The cover charge was $5 per person. Food at windjammer is not so good. So far the windjammer has been our only negative report.

that is great news $150 is what we paid for 500 minutes, nicely done RCCL. Yeah I thought their sushi was going to be good, but mom does not eat sushi, so paying $5 just to be there did not seem fair to me.

I am happy you're having a good time. I can't wait to do the eastern route.

Nooooooo...what will I do with myself now. I knew this day was coming, but I never imagined it would be so hard.

t2319.gif

I want to thank you for giving the best review I've ever read. You kept me glued to the computer screen and begging for more. What a treat it was. I know a lot of hard work goes in to writing a review and even more work goes in to processing the pictures. I always thought my review were pretty detailed (I always post my 6 allowed pictures for the thread and then provide a link to the rest of the pictures). You have showed me that I'm actually a slacker. :D :p

I did want to provide you with a link to my Chankanaab pictures to the self-guided tour to the replica ruins (I'm really shocked you did not go here). I didn't capture half of the things that I could have and I only post a handful of the pictures that I do take. But maybe if you go back to Cozumel and do Chankanaab again some day, you might find some neat things there for your photography. IMG_5635-600x194.jpg

Once again...THANK YOU SO MUCH for the wonderful review. I'm going to go read your NCL review (even though you said it wasn't detailed like this, your perspective on things and the pictures I'm sure will make it amazing).

Mitsugirly is impatiently going to await your next cruise and review!!!

I remember seeing your chankanaab pictures sometime ago, your underwater pictures are much better than mine. And you got to see some iguanas, they were hiding that day. Actually your pictures were the ones that made me make the final decision to go there. Thank you :)

I am very happy that you enjoyed the review, thanks for following and also for posting in NCL review. But like I said that review was nothing like this one, it was my first cruise I was overwhelmed with emotions :D

Hi Gambee, love your review reading it for the second time now so I can make notes for my cruise in Feb. Is it possible for you to email me just the daily menu's?

Unfortunately I deleted the menus from my pictures already, right now they are scattered in my main photo album online, sorry.

However; if you go to this video you will see all the menus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD2V5AT40Rs

hope that helps

Thank you Gambee for an excellent and most informative insight to this ship. I have yet to sail on Alure but feel I know her already from your vivid descriptions and stunning photography. I await with interest to learn from your next adventure :)

thank you so much for following my review and taking the time to comment.

Happy holidays

You are so sweet to answer everyone's post. At this rate, this thread will never die.;) Of course, that is a good thing. But, please don't feel obligated to answer this one. Just wanted to compliment you on a job well done and going that extra mile. It was just such a pleasure to read and see all those great pictures.

Enjoy you next cruise and I wish you, your Mom and BF a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and adventurous New Year.

Gwen :)

;)

Gambee,

This was a great review. Probably the best I have ever read.

Also, it was so nice to read a thread this long without any sniping and nastiness.

GREAT JOB!!!

thank you for commenting. Glad you enjoyed it =)

Just started reading, but just wanted to say I'm loving this detailed review so far

I hope you enjoy it =)

Gambee,

I too have had skin cancer and must either be out of the sun or when I am in it I am in sun-resistent, unattractive swimwear. I have ziplined plenty of times, not interested in water parks or kids, do kayaking where I live and plan to do so elsewhere on this trip, so water and sand is my goal for this destination.

You could try Nellie's Beach. It's where my DH and I spent the day. It is where the kayaks take off from, but it has some trees for shade and you don't have to pass the shops to get there (which is why we like it). Columbus beach is larger and has the water park so it tends to be a bit busier. :)

well unfortunately you wont find a beach with all 3, sandy, uncrowded and waves. As stated by bschoon60 you could try Nellie's and it might be better with sand but from I have read it can be a little crowded. You also wont find waves there.

Columbus is the same thing, a lot of people frequent that beach and it might get a little crowded as well. But there are lots of palms to protect you from the sun.

I really don't think you will get waves period, the way that peninsula is located is sheltered from most waves. I really don't know what to tell you, try Columbus or nellie's? They might be more sandy than adrenaline and offer better sun protection.

Which ship are you traveling in?

Ok folks I think I am all caught up with the comments, if I did not get yours is because somehow I missed it. Please post it again and I will respond to your question.

I will still come and check on a daily basis to see if there are any new questions/comments.

Once I make a decision about our next trip and book it, I will stop by and announce it here.

Have a nice weekend everyone :)

Ok folks I think I am all caught up with the comments, if I did not get yours is because somehow I missed it. Please post it again and I will respond to your question.

I will still come and check on a daily basis to see if there are any new questions/comments.

Once I make a decision about our next trip and book it, I will stop by and announce it here.

Have a nice weekend everyone :)

Gambee-loved the review-could you please repost the template for the daily activities. I would love to use that.

Thanks so much for the great review & wonderful pictures! I loved the one of the tree with the crystal hummingbird. Fabulous.

This review is right up there - as one my favorites - there is a Carnival reviewer - MikeyA53 who does a great job also with pictures and descriptions!

I will be on the lookout for any future reviews you do! thanks again - also thanks to your Mom & BF for being part of this journey - I enjoyed getting to know all 3 of you!

Gambee, I have to thank you for a wonderful review. We booked the Allure for February 2013 last February while on the Liberty. After both myself and my DH started reading your review I really started badgering him to do a B2B. Well, my wish came true with a fabulous Cyber Monday deal. I kept telling him there were too many things to see and do and still get some rest in one week. So, we've decided to try to go to all the shows, etc. the first week so we can more or less relax the second week.

Thanks again for the most inclusive review I've read. In my book you're right up there with Trainman2, Radio and Sailor Jack.

Wow! I stayed away trying to stretch out this read...

Gambee, THANK YOU x10000000!

This has been such a delight to follow. I'm sad to see "the end". But I know you'll be back someday. You are my inspiration as I take my 1st cruise. I can only hope to provide as thorough of a review upon my return....those are some big review shoes to fill...lol.

THANKS FOR THE FABULOUS INSIGHT...

Congratulations! Job well done! Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've mentioned this before quite a few times to some of my favorite reviewers. The mark of an excellent review whether "Live" or not, is not only the amount of time taken to post all those details and pictures but how long the comments last well after the cruise is over. This is one of those reviews. As you can tell by all the comments on this thread, your next review will be eagerly anticipated by all of us!

Gamby, you are the man!!!:) Thank you very much for taking me along with you on the Allure. I don't ever have to read another review or see another picture of lady Allure as long as I can come back to your review. I can't wait to sail with my family and friends on May 5, 2013. I hope you decide on your next vacations soon, do you think you'll try the Oasis? My eight year old grandson will be sailing with us, did you take any more photos of the kids camp?

Wow! I stayed away trying to stretch out this read...

Gambee, THANK YOU x10000000!

This has been such a delight to follow. I'm sad to see "the end". But I know you'll be back someday. You are my inspiration as I take my 1st cruise. I can only hope to provide as thorough of a review upon my return....those are some big review shoes to fill...lol.

THANKS FOR THE FABULOUS INSIGHT...

Congratulations! Job well done! Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad you like it, I hope you have a great time in your cruise.

Happy Holidays

I've mentioned this before quite a few times to some of my favorite reviewers. The mark of an excellent review whether "Live" or not, is not only the amount of time taken to post all those details and pictures but how long the comments last well after the cruise is over. This is one of those reviews. As you can tell by all the comments on this thread, your next review will be eagerly anticipated by all of us!

Thank you for following my thread all the way to the end of our cruise.

I hope you have a great holiday season =)

Thanks so much for the great review & wonderful pictures! I loved the one of the tree with the crystal hummingbird. Fabulous.

This review is right up there - as one my favorites - there is a Carnival reviewer - MikeyA53 who does a great job also with pictures and descriptions!

I will be on the lookout for any future reviews you do! thanks again - also thanks to your Mom & BF for being part of this journey - I enjoyed getting to know all 3 of you!

I will have to do a search for MikeyA53, I am glad you tagged along. Thank you again :D

Gambee, I have to thank you for a wonderful review. We booked the Allure for February 2013 last February while on the Liberty. After both myself and my DH started reading your review I really started badgering him to do a B2B. Well, my wish came true with a fabulous Cyber Monday deal. I kept telling him there were too many things to see and do and still get some rest in one week. So, we've decided to try to go to all the shows, etc. the first week so we can more or less relax the second week.

Thanks again for the most inclusive review I've read. In my book you're right up there with Trainman2, Radio and Sailor Jack.

That is great, I hope you have wonderful time in your cruise. Thanks for following our adventure and taking the time to post here.

Gamby, you are the man!!!:) Thank you very much for taking me along with you on the Allure. I don't ever have to read another review or see another picture of lady Allure as long as I can come back to your review. I can't wait to sail with my family and friends on May 5, 2013. I hope you decide on your next vacations soon, do you think you'll try the Oasis? My eight year old grandson will be sailing with us, did you take any more photos of the kids camp?

You're very welcome. Unfortunately I don't have any more pictures of the kids camp. That was one of the mistakes I made on my review, if I had no use for a certain area I avoided it. Lesson learned, next time I will take pictures of all the areas.

Have fun sailing her :)

Gambee, thanks for the tip on where to go to watch the ships depart. We went last night and watched 6 of the 8 ships leave. What a great experience it was.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed, I love going there.

Have fun on your cruise.

Thankyou Gambee for providing such an indepth review with such amazing pics. It was an immensely enjoyable read. My husband & I along with our almost 4yo daughter will be sailing on lady Allure on 6th Jan (eastern) and now have a much better insight into her. So glad I discovered your review before we left. We are also going to Cuba for 2 weeks prior, then sailing on the Independence immediately after. Then to Disney World for Sienna's 4th birthday :D We look forward to your next review to give us inspiration of where we may travel next!

Your fans Aleisha, Daniel & Sienna from Perth, Australia :)

DSC05213_zpsf8186871.jpg

I just wanted to compliment you on this picture. I'm working my way through this thread, and only on day one thus far, but this is an amazing shot.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. Very helpful, even though I'm still more than a year away from my Allure sailing.

Gambee thank you so much for your review!!!! Seeing your pics took me down memory lane, but also built up my excitement for my return on the Allure in 2 weeks! I can't thank you enough for the time you took to write this review and the AMAZING pictures you took! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I can't wait until your next review!

And the CC Oscar goes to....drum roll please........ Gambee for his amazing adventure on Lady Allure in which he took 100's of people with him in his suitcase!!!!!

you-rock-baby.jpg

Okay - seriously Gambee - I was so intrigued by your dirty martini's that I went home on Friday and made one for myself and I'm sorry, I just couldn't do it :p I'll stick to my Grey Goose Caesars!

Again, thanks for all your time and effort. It was certainly worth it and greatly appreciated by all. Looking forward to your next one.