Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

AMAZING REVIEW! Me and my wife just spent the past couple nights reading the whole thing from start to finish.

We leave this Sunday on the Allure for the Western Caribbean. We're going for our honeymoon! We can't wait!

She's never been on one and I haven't been on one in 15 years (I was about 13 when I went on one to Alaska).

We seriously can't express how excited we are... and how MORE excited we are now that we read your review.

AHHHHHH CAN'T WAIT! hahaha

You have a great trip, Congrats on your wedding! and have a great honeymoon. We are equally as excited as we board Breakaway this Sunday!!!

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D:D:D

I have a question... again last time I cruised I was 13 so I have no idea the answer to this question... but how do you know when your room is ready? Do you just walk back to your room and see your luggage there?

Also, any advice for new cruisers is more than welcome.

I have a question... again last time I cruised I was 13 so I have no idea the answer to this question... but how do you know when your room is ready? Do you just walk back to your room and see your luggage there?

Also, any advice for new cruisers is more than welcome.

rooms ready around 1 or maybe earlier. The bags will get there at some point in day one, we had one get there early and the others a few hours later.

How are the seas in the Western Caribbean in May? Am I going to need to bring some stuff for sea sickness ya think?

No idea, but I guess it should be calm unless there are unpredictable storms.

That ship is very stable, but I would still bring meds, I always do.

And I thought I saw that you are from Fl. We are from Ft Myers....what time do you recomend us planning on getting to the garage?

We are about a 2 and a half hour drive from the port I believe.

And I thought I saw that you are from Fl. We are from Ft Myers....what time do you recomend us planning on getting to the garage?

We are about a 2 and a half hour drive from the port I believe.

Possibly around 1030 or 1100, it depends how early you want to board the ship. We like being there nice and early.

Unfortunately, we aren't sailing on the Allure until September 2014, but we are doing the same itinerary as you, so I just love your review.

The pictures are amazing! Glad we decided to go ahead and book

Unfortunately, we aren't sailing on the Allure until September 2014, but we are doing the same itinerary as you, so I just love your review.

The pictures are amazing! Glad we decided to go ahead and book

Glad you enjoyed it, hope you have a great cruise, even though is a bit of wait.

You have a great trip, Congrats on your wedding! and have a great honeymoon. We are equally as excited as we board Breakaway this Sunday!!!

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D:D:D

Have a great cruise Gambee. I will be watching you sail away on the NY Harbor Webcam on Sunday. What time do you depart? I kept missing the other Breakaway sailings on their way out. Was not home to watch it. Hopefully I will be home in time this Sunday.

Are you doing a review of this ship too? I sure hope so. Looking forward to it.

Wave as you go by.........:D

Gwen :)

Have a great cruise Gambee. I will be watching you sail away on the NY Harbor Webcam on Sunday. What time do you depart? I kept missing the other Breakaway sailings on their way out. Was not home to watch it. Hopefully I will be home in time this Sunday.

Are you doing a review of this ship too? I sure hope so. Looking forward to it.

Wave as you go by.........:D

Gwen :)

Hello Gwen,

I believe we depart at 4, but the last voyage left at around 4:30.

I am planning on writing a review as well, this one should be great!

I will see you on the NCL board soon :), Review should start Sunday 26

Hi again, Gambee. Loving your review and seeing all those great photos. I'm up to page 29 now...only 50 more pages to go.

I have a question about Falmouth. Is there anyplace within the gates to sit down in a pleasant place to eat authentic jerk chicken made by locals while listening to some good reggae music?

Hi again, Gambee. Loving your review and seeing all those great photos. I'm up to page 29 now...only 50 more pages to go.

I have a question about Falmouth. Is there anyplace within the gates to sit down in a pleasant place to eat authentic jerk chicken made by locals while listening to some good reggae music?

Last time I went in the Silhouette I notice a place that seemed pretty local, I think it was new. I know I took a picture of it, and it is in the Silli review. Not sure what the name is, I also heard a few people mentioning of some other place with local jerk chicken. In any case I am sure you will find a good jerk chicken within the gates.

Is there anyplace within the gates to sit down in a pleasant place to eat authentic jerk chicken made by locals while listening to some good reggae music?

These aren't in the gates I don't think, but it's a good list of restaurants in Falmouth - http://falmouthjamaicainfo.com/?page_id=32 - and one name I've heard over and over in reviews is Club Nazz. Haven't tried it yet but plan to look for it in November when we're on the Allure.

Gambee,

I have been looking through all the cruise threads for some time and have never posted anything until now. I just wanted to tell you have amazing your review was!! I loved all the details that you gave and all the pictures of the ship! After reading through everything I went home and told my husband how much I want to try the Allure because of your review! I also joined your facebook page and noticed you are sailing on Breakaway this weekend. Enjoy it and welcome to New York (my state) :)

Can't wait for your next review!! :D

Kim

Wow Gambee. What an outstanding job. I read it all. I want to write a review of my daughter's wedding that will take place in the Breakaway during the June 2nd 2013 cruise. The legal part took place last October and the celebrations with all the pomp and circumstance will be on June 3. I like the way you are doing your review with pictures and text to keep it interesting plus all the tips and little secrets along the way.

Enjoy your cruise today and bring us some wonderful pictures and reviews as only you can do. If you manage to get a snapshot of the meeting rooms on Deck 6, next to the library and card room, that is the venue for the wedding. Up till now, this room was still used as storage room!! Wish you were on my cruise to do the review. Enjoy. Also to you mom and bf if he is joining you.

Catherine.

Gambee,

I have been looking through all the cruise threads for some time and have never posted anything until now. I just wanted to tell you have amazing your review was!! I loved all the details that you gave and all the pictures of the ship! After reading through everything I went home and told my husband how much I want to try the Allure because of your review! I also joined your facebook page and noticed you are sailing on Breakaway this weekend. Enjoy it and welcome to New York (my state) :)

Can't wait for your next review!! :D

Kim

Thank you for your first post on CC :). About to board breakaway in a few hours, can't wait! Super excited, keep an eye for the breakaway review :)

I'm only on page 3 but loving it!! I thought I was the only complete and total cruise geek!!

Trust there are a lot of us in this website :D

Wow Gambee. What an outstanding job. I read it all. I want to write a review of my daughter's wedding that will take place in the Breakaway during the June 2nd 2013 cruise. The legal part took place last October and the celebrations with all the pomp and circumstance will be on June 3. I like the way you are doing your review with pictures and text to keep it interesting plus all the tips and little secrets along the way.

Enjoy your cruise today and bring us some wonderful pictures and reviews as only you can do. If you manage to get a snapshot of the meeting rooms on Deck 6, next to the library and card room, that is the venue for the wedding. Up till now, this room was still used as storage room!! Wish you were on my cruise to do the review. Enjoy. Also to you mom and bf if he is joining you.

Catherine.

Thank you Catherine, Ill look into those rooms and see if they are open to take some pictures for you. I hope you have a great cruise and wedding celebrations :).

The weather is a little crappy today, hopefully it gets better as the cruise goes on.