Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC07404_zps1d6b2360.jpg

DSC07409_zps3e5f924d.jpg

WOW! I have been reading your review for a few days now. As everyone else says, it's the best and I'm really enjoying it!

I am loving the miniature effect of this picture (and the others you took in this location)

The one with the reflection on the glass of the ship is SO COOL! If it weren't for that man in the center, you might not realize its a reflection!

This review is amazing! We booked Breakaway for Oct 2014 :eek: almost a month ago. I can't stand how long I have to wait. However, I know from past trips that we book way in advance, I really enjoy the planning & research. I started thinking I wanted to watch a movie or read a book set on a cruise ship....enter my new obsession, Cruise Critic! I read a few other reviews but yours has been the best! I'm SO looking forward to your trip on breakaway! (And posting of your most recent cruise! ;) of course!)

yes the link is in my signature. But the review is nothing like this one, it was my frist attempt.

I sure hope your upcoming Breakaway cruise and review will be like this one...no better! (No matter what, to me, it WILL be better since it will be a review if the ship I'm actually booked on!)

i have never had the experience of such a fantastic review and the photographs are of such amazing quality it is truly hard to believe that you are not a very, very expensive professional photographer.

I wish i knew someone in the travel industry that i could share your review and photographs with. This is what your career should be. You have the ability to take a small item and with the eye of a professional make it a photograph that you want to frame for display.

You are very blessed to have a fantastic talent, now it just has to be discovered by the right persons. But, in the mean time, all of us can enjoy your fabulous review.

I am also so happy that you have the great relationship with your mom and your bf......what a happy way to travel!

ditto!

It is so sweet of you for the "awesome job on the flowrider photos"

Thank you very much to all of you for taking the time to read and support my son's review.

I am very PROUD of HIM.

I'm sorry if I'm quoting too much. I can't help it!! I feel like I'm there on the cruise with you guys!

It's such a pleasure to read the review! I'm so glad I found it!

Gambee! I had a question for you!

Do you happen to have any photos of the Park Cafe in your review? not sure if I missed them or if you guys went there by any chance? Trying to remember what type of chips they had onboard (that must sound incredibly silly). Thanks so much if you can help!

Gambee! I had a question for you!

Do you happen to have any photos of the Park Cafe in your review? not sure if I missed them or if you guys went there by any chance? Trying to remember what type of chips they had onboard (that must sound incredibly silly). Thanks so much if you can help!

Sorry. We did go there but I failed to take pictures of it. Try middle age drama queen. I believe I saw some pics on her review. :)

Just started reading you review this morning. Fantastic! It makes me want to go back on Allure asap. Love the pictures! I thought I remembered reading this on an earlier page but now I can't find anything. Did you say if you had a website with some of your photography?

Just started reading you review this morning. Fantastic! It makes me want to go back on Allure asap. Love the pictures! I thought I remembered reading this on an earlier page but now I can't find anything. Did you say if you had a website with some of your photography?

Not yet, that is my next step. Probably by August. Thank you for taking the time to read this very extensive review :)

Gambee, this is my first post ever and I've been a member of CC since 2008 ish. I have always been a 'voyeur' and just read everyone's posts and reviews, but I just had to tell you that your review was absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to see how you feel about Celebrity and the Silhouette!

Hi to Gambee's Mom and Gambee's Boyfriend as well! I hope to sail with you all some day and enjoy a drink (or several) together!! :)

Gambee,

WOW! Best review ever! Thank you.

We are going on the Oasis in November, so I was looking for reviews that would help me plan. I love to do extensive research, and especially appreciate good photography. When I stumbled upon your Allure review yesterday morning (coincidentally your birthday!), I was excited. I started reading...and drooling over your amazing photographs, and before I knew it, I was totally immersed! Fortunately DH was gone for most of the day, so I ALMOST read it all. Today I finished. It was sort of bittersweet, like reading the last page of a good book. Your photographs captured everything. I felt like I was on the cruise with you. I may have put on 5 pounds just looking at your food pictures alone!

The caring way in which you treat your Mom has not gone unnoticed by anyone reading your review. So, it is not just the great photography, attention to detail, and the amazing amount of time you have spent answering peoples questions.

You are obviously a very good person.

I would love to start reading your next review now, but I think my dog has been ignored for so long she looks like she may have had enough time to figure out how to pull the plug on the computer.

Thank you again, and belated Happy Birthday.

Day 8

Later on about 7:30 we woke up, mom and I went out to balcony and noticed all the trucks lining up to deliver all the goodies for that week.

DSC09633_zps5ee7a030.jpg

DSC09634_zps3ddcc55b.jpg

Sharing details, like these trucks, is one of the MANY reasons I've enjoyed your review. I love learning how things work, it makes me appreciate them more!

Question about the iPhone/iPod dock/clock. I assume iphone5 WOULD work with the lightning adapter. I hope you share all these details in your Breakaway review!

I'm not sure how others read your review in a day or two. I'm working on a week! But I've truly enjoyed it! I feel like I was there with you! When I was going on and on about Lady Allure, My husband seemed a little annoyed...like I was falling in love with another ship when we still have 500+ days to go til Breakaway but, I reminded him that there aren't any reviews on Breakaway yet! And I have to admit: your review was open in a tab on my ipad for a week or more before I started reading! Maybe I thought, "what's the point? It's NOT the ship we'll be sailing on nor is it an NCL ship. I'm glad I finally started reading!:)

Royal Caribbean, you NEED to hire this awesome photographer and writer. It would be a win - win hire for your marketing department!!

Agreed!! So any have already said that Gambee's review sold them on the ship! He should AT THE VERY LEAST get referral bonuses!

We will fly to US and our plan is to do 1 week in Disney World, 7 nights on the Allure and 1 week in Vegas.

Similar to what DW and I have got planned but more around Aug /Sep

WDW for all of the Wally World Stuff (NasCars, Sea World, Universal ,Wave Pools,Dancing Girls ,Busch Gardens Tampa for Roller Coasters etc)

Vegas for the Shows ;)

Allure and Oasis for the Cruising and later on when DW proves she has better Sea Legs ,Seabourn and Oceania and the new Quantum Class to other places.

I cant put up with Tassie Winters anymore, and Surfers , Singers, Bali etc would drive me mad after about a Week . :cool:

I kept seeing your posts in the Everything Breakaway thread. ;)

Lol. During the day I try to catch up with other threads. Once I get home I usually mass answer the comments from two reviews. I am so overwhelmed these days :eek: trying to follow 5 threads and writing my silhouette review at the same time. The silhouette review is taking a little bit out of me than the Allure one, I think it is because I expect more perfection now.

But I promise to reply once I get home tonight :)

For our pasta sharing plates we had the mushroom risotto and the gnocchi they were both FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

OMG SOOOOOOOO GOODDDDDDDD!!!!!

DSC05242_zps63ce0531.jpg

Oh my gosh...I just found this review and am only on page 9 but am absolutely LOVING it! I was on the Allure last year and had an amazing time! So much to do, one week isn't enough. Like you, I had done TONS of research in advance, had all the reservations booked, had a printout of everything I wanted to see and do on the ship, etc. So much planning, and I loved every minute of it! You made a comment on an earlier page about the hours of enjoyment you get from the portevergladeswebcam.com...me too! I'm on that and the ftlauderdalewebcam every day. It helps me survive the yucky days near DC :). I'm thoroughly enjoying this review as I feel like I'm completely reliving my cruise. I'm in the process of doing research for my next cruise and now have added the Allure onto the list (with my other 5 or 6 that I'm considering ;)). What inspired me to chime in now is the picture of the risotto from the first night at Giovanni's.....OH MY GOSH! As good as the food was on the Allure, the mushroom risotto was my absolute favorite! When I saw the picture, I had to comment immediately! Can't wait to read the rest of your review and vicariously enjoy the Allure all over again! Thanks!

Wow. This was amazing. Thanks

Thank you =)

I disagree! Love the big pictures!

Yeah I think that is the perfect picture size, I am happy with the results.

Gambee, this is my first post ever and I've been a member of CC since 2008 ish. I have always been a 'voyeur' and just read everyone's posts and reviews, but I just had to tell you that your review was absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to see how you feel about Celebrity and the Silhouette!

Hi to Gambee's Mom and Gambee's Boyfriend as well! I hope to sail with you all some day and enjoy a drink (or several) together!! :)

Thank you so much with honoring me with your first post, that means a lot to me. My Silhouette review is already rolling, the link is in the signature, I am going to start day 4 today. Hope to see you there =)

Gambee,

WOW! Best review ever! Thank you.

We are going on the Oasis in November, so I was looking for reviews that would help me plan. I love to do extensive research, and especially appreciate good photography. When I stumbled upon your Allure review yesterday morning (coincidentally your birthday!), I was excited. I started reading...and drooling over your amazing photographs, and before I knew it, I was totally immersed! Fortunately DH was gone for most of the day, so I ALMOST read it all. Today I finished. It was sort of bittersweet, like reading the last page of a good book. Your photographs captured everything. I felt like I was on the cruise with you. I may have put on 5 pounds just looking at your food pictures alone!

The caring way in which you treat your Mom has not gone unnoticed by anyone reading your review. So, it is not just the great photography, attention to detail, and the amazing amount of time you have spent answering peoples questions.

You are obviously a very good person.

I would love to start reading your next review now, but I think my dog has been ignored for so long she looks like she may have had enough time to figure out how to pull the plug on the computer.

Thank you again, and belated Happy Birthday.

Thank you for your thoughtful comment it was heart felt and truly appreciated. I hope you find the time to start reading the Silhouette review, that is entire different experience, but is also a great review :).

Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope you did not neglect to many things around the house while you were busy reading it :D.

I will see you around =)

Amazing review that took me over a week to read! Thank you so much!

You're very welcome, glad you liked it.

Sharing details, like these trucks, is one of the MANY reasons I've enjoyed your review. I love learning how things work, it makes me appreciate them more!

Question about the iPhone/iPod dock/clock. I assume iphone5 WOULD work with the lightning adapter. I hope you share all these details in your Breakaway review!

I'm not sure how others read your review in a day or two. I'm working on a week! But I've truly enjoyed it! I feel like I was there with you! When I was going on and on about Lady Allure, My husband seemed a little annoyed...like I was falling in love with another ship when we still have 500+ days to go til Breakaway but, I reminded him that there aren't any reviews on Breakaway yet! And I have to admit: your review was open in a tab on my ipad for a week or more before I started reading! Maybe I thought, "what's the point? It's NOT the ship we'll be sailing on nor is it an NCL ship. I'm glad I finally started reading!:)

I am not really sure if the adaptor would work in there, I am would imagine it would but not entirely sure on that one.

Trust me if one of us sees something that should be posted on my review, it will be posted. That is why I take both notes and pictures, the only way to ensure not to foget later on.

I am very glad you decided to start reading it and that you liked it. I read plenty of reviews on ships that I have no desire on sailing. But if I stumble into a good review I will read it no matter what ship it is.

English have you seen my Silhouette review? If not I invite you to check it out.

Agreed!! So any have already said that Gambee's review sold them on the ship! He should AT THE VERY LEAST get referral bonuses!

lol, I don't think that is something easy to come by.

Similar to what DW and I have got planned but more around Aug /Sep

WDW for all of the Wally World Stuff (NasCars, Sea World, Universal ,Wave Pools,Dancing Girls ,Busch Gardens Tampa for Roller Coasters etc)

Vegas for the Shows ;)

Allure and Oasis for the Cruising and later on when DW proves she has better Sea Legs ,Seabourn and Oceania and the new Quantum Class to other places.

I cant put up with Tassie Winters anymore, and Surfers , Singers, Bali etc would drive me mad after about a Week . :cool:

It sounds like a lot of fun things to do. Wish I had the time and resources to do something like that.

Oh my gosh...I just found this review and am only on page 9 but am absolutely LOVING it! I was on the Allure last year and had an amazing time! So much to do, one week isn't enough. Like you, I had done TONS of research in advance, had all the reservations booked, had a printout of everything I wanted to see and do on the ship, etc. So much planning, and I loved every minute of it! You made a comment on an earlier page about the hours of enjoyment you get from the portevergladeswebcam.com...me too! I'm on that and the ftlauderdalewebcam every day. It helps me survive the yucky days near DC :). I'm thoroughly enjoying this review as I feel like I'm completely reliving my cruise. I'm in the process of doing research for my next cruise and now have added the Allure onto the list (with my other 5 or 6 that I'm considering ;)). What inspired me to chime in now is the picture of the risotto from the first night at Giovanni's.....OH MY GOSH! As good as the food was on the Allure, the mushroom risotto was my absolute favorite! When I saw the picture, I had to comment immediately! Can't wait to read the rest of your review and vicariously enjoy the Allure all over again! Thanks!

Glad you found the review and that you're enjoying it. We are also considering doing the Allure but the eastern route this time around. Thank you for taking the time to read the review. And yes that risotto was amazing!!!! LOVED IT!!!!

Gambee - fantastic review. Thanks for all the info. We are on the Allure this August, and this review is a great help in planning our cruise.

Glad that I could be of help, thanks for reading :)