Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

just read this review for second time....our oasis/allure b2b is in Oct so Im now taking lots of notes hoping to try to attempt a spread sheet...think I need something so we don't overlap activities...there just seems so much to do....just cant wait thanks to you and also thanks to you have a good idea of what to avoid...thanks again for everything

Wow...What GREAT insight! We just booked a B2B leaving July 7....You really gave us a lot of help! Thank You!! We're vey excited, and now even more so. I've spent all afternoon and evening getting through it all...not a minute wasted!

Again, Thanks!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
At 2:19 pm I called my bf and he told me he was in the room and that 1 bag was missing, it was my bag. I did not get worried at all since I know that they can deliver bags until late. But he was a little congested about it, it really did not matter. I had some clothes in my mom bag, even if it was lost I would be able to work around it.

At that time we decided to make our way up to the room and check it out, as we were walking there mom said "it feels like a city" she had in that moment described the ship perfectly.

The room first impressions were good, maybe a little small for 3 but it would had to do. I did not take any pictures at this time because my bf had already opened the bags and the room was a complete mess. But no worries I even got a video of the room that I will post later on.

I headed to the balcony and admired everything. I will make a comment now and please don't take it personal. In our opinion the best way to do the Allure is with a balcony, the ship is so enclosed that to feel connected with the ocean you really need it. I understand if you can't, but if the possibility exists that you can expand your budget a little more, please do it and get an ocean balcony. That said, I would travel in her any way possible!

DSC04903_zps85889fac.jpg

I also immediately noticed that they had updated the balcony door with the new system that you can lock the door from the outside and the AC could keep on running.

DSC04902_zps1a998120.jpg

Picture from our balcony

DSC04904_zpsbbd13575.jpg

At this point we decided to put door decorations up. I decided to do door decorations at the last minute, I figured it would be a good idea to try help the child in be free. Plus I know mom liked the idea, this was the final result.

DSC04906_zpsa8b29e3d.jpg

DSC04907_zps7c899e11.jpg

Attached is the CC door sign for those interested in it.

Where did u get ur door decor? so cool!

Pancho's Backyard has the best food! It's an courtyard setting with marimba players. If you go to their website they have a coupon for a free margarita. And it's no wimpy drink just because it's free! It was more tequila than mixer! Los cinco soles(in front of Pancho's) is a very nice store and you don't bargain(which is something I hate in any port). There's another bar a block off the main street called Wet Wendy's that has the most HUGE frozen drinks- you get the entire contents of the blender for your drink. Look for them on TripAdvisor.

:)

Yeah we really need to return to Cozumel at some point in time, there is just so much to there, and who doesn't love authentic mexican food? well other than my bf ;) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by gwt119

I just finished your detailed review and wanted to say thanks! We are sailing Allure next summer and I'm already excited! We sailed on Oasis last year and loved it so I wanted to know if there were any differences on Allure. Your pictures are fantastic. I think the only area you didn't photograph was the crew quarters! Your enjoyment and sense of fun really shone through in your review. Thanks again!

I just finished your detailed review and wanted to say thanks! We are sailing Allure next summer and I'm already excited! We sailed on Oasis last year and loved it so I wanted to know if there were any differences on Allure. Your pictures are fantastic. I think the only area you didn't photograph was the crew quarters! Your enjoyment and sense of fun really shone through in your review. Thanks again!

You/re very welcome. Btw if you want to see the crew quarters go to swim's review, he posted a lot of pictures of that area.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read and reread your review for Allure (and breakaway and celebrity) MULTIPLE TIMES and have gained so much knowledge, just want to thank you again.

My wife who is not one to spend a lot of time on the web has also spent many hours reading your reviews and have fallen in love with your pics and description. She has also decided we will cruise following in the footsteps of Gambee and his Mom so our next cruise will be NCL Breakaway (we wanted the aft cabin just like you but decided on a normal balcony to save some $$$--at least we got a hump cabin so the balcony is a little bigger) and after that we will try to do a Celebrity Cruise (we will hope for the next time they offer those super inclusive specials)) I also just realized i purchased the same bunch of reusable wall decals for my cabin door that you used during the Allure cruise; great minds think alike i guess...thanks for all the hard work.

I have read and reread your review for Allure (and breakaway and celebrity) MULTIPLE TIMES and have gained so much knowledge, just want to thank you again.

My wife who is not one to spend a lot of time on the web has also spent many hours reading your reviews and have fallen in love with your pics and description. She has also decided we will cruise following in the footsteps of Gambee and his Mom so our next cruise will be NCL Breakaway (we wanted the aft cabin just like you but decided on a normal balcony to save some $$$--at least we got a hump cabin so the balcony is a little bigger) and after that we will try to do a Celebrity Cruise (we will hope for the next time they offer those super inclusive specials)) I also just realized i purchased the same bunch of reusable wall decals for my cabin door that you used during the Allure cruise; great minds think alike i guess...thanks for all the hard work.

I hope you have a great cruise aboard Breakaway, she is a very fun ship :)

Hi Gambee

I first started your review of the Breakaway as DH and I thought leaving out of NYC would be easy ( we live in New England) , and very cool but the more I read about the Breakaway, I'm just not sure it's for us....mostly due to the continued comments about rough seas. We've taken a good number of cruises but all out of MIA, FLL or SJU and while we've had a few times when seas were rough, it was usually just for short periods. The rough seas the Breakaway seems to encounter on its return to NYC made me look into Oasis or Allure instead and I found your fabulous review of the Allure.

The detail is wonderful and as many have said, your photos are spectacular!!

I know how long something like this must take but it's evident how much enjoyment you get out of doing it. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I look forward to your upcoming cruise review on Disney. I've been on Disney twice with each of my twenty something daughters when they were in college, mother/ daughter trips, and we loved it. We are big Disney fans and Disney does a great job and I'm sure this has only improved over the years since we've cruised.

Have a wonderful Disney cruise!

Thanks again for all of your efforts!

Hi Gambee

I first started your review of the Breakaway as DH and I thought leaving out of NYC would be easy ( we live in New England) , and very cool but the more I read about the Breakaway, I'm just not sure it's for us....mostly due to the continued comments about rough seas. We've taken a good number of cruises but all out of MIA, FLL or SJU and while we've had a few times when seas were rough, it was usually just for short periods. The rough seas the Breakaway seems to encounter on its return to NYC made me look into Oasis or Allure instead and I found your fabulous review of the Allure.

The detail is wonderful and as many have said, your photos are spectacular!!

I know how long something like this must take but it's evident how much enjoyment you get out of doing it. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I look forward to your upcoming cruise review on Disney. I've been on Disney twice with each of my twenty something daughters when they were in college, mother/ daughter trips, and we loved it. We are big Disney fans and Disney does a great job and I'm sure this has only improved over the years since we've cruised.

Have a wonderful Disney cruise!

Thanks again for all of your efforts!

We are so excited about trying the Disney product! A little less than a week to go, yayyyyy :D. The only thing that I am not crazy about is that it is such a short cruise, but I guess it is better than no cruise at all.

As far as the rough seas comment, well it is something that gets talked about often. I can see how some people will be deterred by that aspect of the cruise.