Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thank you Catherine, Ill look into those rooms and see if they are open to take some pictures for you. I hope you have a great cruise and wedding celebrations :).

The weather is a little crappy today, hopefully it gets better as the cruise goes on.

Are you going to post the review here, or open a new thread?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gambee, just finished the Silhouette and Allure reviews. I'll tackle the others as well. I am ready to book a cruise for 2 on the Silhouette (more quiet and reserved?) next March and a larger group on the Allure for next summer (more things to do). Your review has certainly helped me make the decisions easier. Many thanks!

Hi Gambee, just finished the Silhouette and Allure reviews. I'll tackle the others as well. I am ready to book a cruise for 2 on the Silhouette (more quiet and reserved?) next March and a larger group on the Allure for next summer (more things to do). Your review has certainly helped me make the decisions easier. Many thanks!

You're very welcome glad you enjoyed them. Don't forget to read the Breakaway one, I am almost done with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Gambee- thank you for the awesome reviews, did the Breakaway and now this one since we got a last minute deal on the Oasis for the 22nd of this month. Your pictures and accompanying detail are not to be missed! Keep up the good work! :)

Gambee- thank you for the awesome reviews, did the Breakaway and now this one since we got a last minute deal on the Oasis for the 22nd of this month. Your pictures and accompanying detail are not to be missed! Keep up the good work! :)

You're welcome, have a great cruise!

Gambee, can you please tell me how can you tell the difference between salt water and fresh water pools/jacuzzi, Thank You:cool:

Several ways, smell of chlorine, feeling in your skin, burn on the eyes underwater ect. Ships tend to overuse choline in their pools.

Please forgive me, if I'm sounding silly, but if it fresh water, does that mean that there is no chlorine at all or very little so that it gets the job done?

They don't use chlorine in salt water, or at least I don't think so. For fresh water pools they have to treat them with chorine to make sure they are clean. From my experience cruise ships use large amounts of chorine to make sure their pools/jacuzzis stay clean. They have a lot of use and they are usually small in comparison with normal size pools of resorts holding similar amount of people.

Please forgive me, if I'm sounding silly, but if it fresh water, does that mean that there is no chlorine at all or very little so that it gets the job done?

I have a salt water pool at home, bags of salt are added and then the salt water goes through something that converts it to chlorine, but it doesn't smell and doesn't fade your bathing suit or make your blonde hair turn green. It's much better than having to add liquid chlorine all the time. Not sure if the cruise lines have equipment like we do, but the water is so much nicer in my pool than in pools with liquid chlorine.

I am totally loving this review! So much to comment on...

Although I am finding this review months after it was completed, I am a huge fan. And, your review was completed so quickly. So many drag on for months and months, but you really did yours quickly, which is so admirable.

I work in the school system and have so many projects planned for my summer vacation in terms of organizing the house, but for the past 2 days, I have been mesmerized by you excellent review. Then, I see you have other reviews posted, so I think my next week will be spent reading your fabulous reviews and admiring your photography!

The photos are amazing. You indicated you only had minimal battery power in Cozumel, so could not compose your photos well, however those photos are simply amazing. You have a real talent, my friend!!

Having sailed all the major cruise lines other than RCL and Celebrity, the Allure or Oasis is definitely on our bucket list. The ship seems so big, however, that it seems impossible to partake of it all. Did you ever feel overwhelmed by the size of the ship? I'm also a bit intimidated by having to book all of our shows ahead of time. I guess you really need to plan out your week. But, we are huge Broadway fans, so the fact that they have a Broadway show onboard is a big incentive to cruise one of these ships.

I share your love of Cozumel, however we have never done the Chankanaab Park, always choosing Nachi Cocum or Paradise Beach instead. I guess the ship is the real destination, because Falmouth seems like a complete waste of a stop and a beach in Haiti is also not very appealing to us, although your photos of the area are gorgeous. I had no idea that Jamaica was so unfriendly to gays and as the mom of a gay son, I would not want to support tourism in an island that is so unfriendly to the LBGT community. We have been to Ochos Rios and Montego Bay several times, and other than the Mystic Mountain attraction in Ochos Rios, were not really impressed with the island. I do believe the Jamaicans need to be taught how to deal with tourists and to learn that the hard sell is a real turn-off. Those at Mystic Mountain were gracious and friendly, but that was certainly the exception.

And finally, I must comment on the precious relationship you share with your mom and bf. How nice that you can all travel together and do your own things when your interests diverge, yet come together for other activities. I cannot wait to read your other reviews. Your mom raised a wonderful son!!!

I must also ask, do you ever plan to sail Carnival? That is the line we sail most often and I'd love your take on their ships.

Thanks again for a truly stunning review. As others have said, I do believe it is the best I have read on CC. I wish your family all the best and many happy travels!!

I have a salt water pool at home, bags of salt are added and then the salt water goes through something that converts it to chlorine, but it doesn't smell and doesn't fade your bathing suit or make your blonde hair turn green. It's much better than having to add liquid chlorine all the time. Not sure if the cruise lines have equipment like we do, but the water is so much nicer in my pool than in pools with liquid chlorine.

Thanks janeyzee, very interesting;)

Planning my family's upcoming Allure trip Just started reading your review (amonst others), looks sooo comprehensive, you must have spent a lot of time on this!

I can't believe whenever i read these wonderfull trip reports (Not just this report) people almost immediatly bombard the OP with demands (like asking the OP for disembarkation info or please post all the compasses when the OP just posted his/her initital review of the airport arrival/hotel stay) or start complaining if the OP is a couple days late on replying or posting the next part of the report. People chill out a little and give the person some room! I am looking forward to reading this.

I am totally loving this review! So much to comment on...

Although I am finding this review months after it was completed, I am a huge fan. And, your review was completed so quickly. So many drag on for months and months, but you really did yours quickly, which is so admirable.

I work in the school system and have so many projects planned for my summer vacation in terms of organizing the house, but for the past 2 days, I have been mesmerized by you excellent review. Then, I see you have other reviews posted, so I think my next week will be spent reading your fabulous reviews and admiring your photography!

The photos are amazing. You indicated you only had minimal battery power in Cozumel, so could not compose your photos well, however those photos are simply amazing. You have a real talent, my friend!!

Having sailed all the major cruise lines other than RCL and Celebrity, the Allure or Oasis is definitely on our bucket list. The ship seems so big, however, that it seems impossible to partake of it all. Did you ever feel overwhelmed by the size of the ship? I'm also a bit intimidated by having to book all of our shows ahead of time. I guess you really need to plan out your week. But, we are huge Broadway fans, so the fact that they have a Broadway show onboard is a big incentive to cruise one of these ships.

I share your love of Cozumel, however we have never done the Chankanaab Park, always choosing Nachi Cocum or Paradise Beach instead. I guess the ship is the real destination, because Falmouth seems like a complete waste of a stop and a beach in Haiti is also not very appealing to us, although your photos of the area are gorgeous. I had no idea that Jamaica was so unfriendly to gays and as the mom of a gay son, I would not want to support tourism in an island that is so unfriendly to the LBGT community. We have been to Ochos Rios and Montego Bay several times, and other than the Mystic Mountain attraction in Ochos Rios, were not really impressed with the island. I do believe the Jamaicans need to be taught how to deal with tourists and to learn that the hard sell is a real turn-off. Those at Mystic Mountain were gracious and friendly, but that was certainly the exception.

And finally, I must comment on the precious relationship you share with your mom and bf. How nice that you can all travel together and do your own things when your interests diverge, yet come together for other activities. I cannot wait to read your other reviews. Your mom raised a wonderful son!!!

I must also ask, do you ever plan to sail Carnival? That is the line we sail most often and I'd love your take on their ships.

Thanks again for a truly stunning review. As others have said, I do believe it is the best I have read on CC. I wish your family all the best and many happy travels!!

I was not really intimidated by it, granted the ship is huge, and there are lots of things to do. Just don't plan on doing it all, because you wont. Just go there and have a blast. Honestly you can make your reservations, but you can just walk in. Once they open the non reservation you're free to walk in and do your thing. I think mom and my bf went without a reservation.

I gave Jamaica another chance in the X ship, but honestly the country is just not my cup of tea. If I can I will avoid Jamaica from now on.

We are booked on my first Carnival cruise for August 17 on the Breeze. I am very curious of the product that Carnival offers, a lot of criticism goes around. But from what I gather I think it is a product that I might enjoy a lot, time will tell.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful words, I hope you enjoy my other reviews as much as you enjoyed this one.

Planning my family's upcoming Allure trip Just started reading your review (amonst others), looks sooo comprehensive, you must have spent a lot of time on this!

I can't believe whenever i read these wonderfull trip reports (Not just this report) people almost immediatly bombard the OP with demands (like asking the OP for disembarkation info or please post all the compasses when the OP just posted his/her initital review of the airport arrival/hotel stay) or start complaining if the OP is a couple days late on replying or posting the next part of the report. People chill out a little and give the person some room! I am looking forward to reading this.

Thank you for giving me your first post in CC, I hope you continue to enjoy the review.

I was not really intimidated by it, granted the ship is huge, and there are lots of things to do. Just don't plan on doing it all, because you wont. Just go there and have a blast. Honestly you can make your reservations, but you can just walk in. Once they open the non reservation you're free to walk in and do your thing. I think mom and my bf went without a reservation.

I gave Jamaica another chance in the X ship, but honestly the country is just not my cup of tea. If I can I will avoid Jamaica from now on.

We are booked on my first Carnival cruise for August 17 on the Breeze. I am very curious of the product that Carnival offers, a lot of criticism goes around. But from what I gather I think it is a product that I might enjoy a lot, time will tell.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful words, I hope you enjoy my other reviews as much as you enjoyed this one.

I'm reading your Celebrity Booze Cruise review now...very enjoyable. I'd love to do one of the all inclusive drink packages on a cruise, but am afraid we'd come home 20 lbs heavier, lol. DH loves the sweet martinis!

I'm so glad you are doing Carnival...I'd love to hear your perspective on Carnival after trying the other lines. Although we've not sailed X or Royal Caribbean, we definitely prefer Carnival over HAL, Princess, NCL or Disney (well, my son loves Disney, but DH and I like the other ones!) If the Breeze offers a tiramisu martini, be sure to try it. We've had it on other Carnival ships and it is simply amazing. We have to do one more Carnival cruise before 12/31/13 to be grandfathered in the "platinum" status, so are considering the Breeze. I can't wait to hear your take on it.

Well, I'm off to continue reading about your Booze Cruise...thank goodness I'm on summer vacation, because I find it very difficult to stop reading. Your reviews are like a good book that you simply cannot put down.

All the best to you and your lovely family!!

Ok folks, that's it for now I have to get breakfast and work on the next set of pictures. Feel free to tell me how you like it so far? Less details maybe? or keep it the way its going?

Thanks for joining in :)

Subscribed!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm reading your Celebrity Booze Cruise review now...very enjoyable. I'd love to do one of the all inclusive drink packages on a cruise, but am afraid we'd come home 20 lbs heavier, lol. DH loves the sweet martinis!

I'm so glad you are doing Carnival...I'd love to hear your perspective on Carnival after trying the other lines. Although we've not sailed X or Royal Caribbean, we definitely prefer Carnival over HAL, Princess, NCL or Disney (well, my son loves Disney, but DH and I like the other ones!) If the Breeze offers a tiramisu martini, be sure to try it. We've had it on other Carnival ships and it is simply amazing. We have to do one more Carnival cruise before 12/31/13 to be grandfathered in the "platinum" status, so are considering the Breeze. I can't wait to hear your take on it.

Well, I'm off to continue reading about your Booze Cruise...thank goodness I'm on summer vacation, because I find it very difficult to stop reading. Your reviews are like a good book that you simply cannot put down.

All the best to you and your lovely family!!

Glad you like the other review. Although not my favorite cruise, I still enjoyed it very much.

I will keep an eye on the Tiramisu Martini, thank you for the heads up.

Gambee you are a gifted reviewer. I have been reading both your Allure & Breakaway reviews since last night and my eyes are shot. LOL i am blaming you for the strained eyes. Once again a superb job.

Gambee you are a gifted reviewer. I have been reading both your Allure & Breakaway reviews since last night and my eyes are shot. LOL i am blaming you for the strained eyes. Once again a superb job.

Thank you :)