Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gambee, I may be the first to say I just love your review; that's the first 2 pages of it. Don't get crazy, anyone. i've only read 2 pages and had to come here to rave. Having sailed all the different classes of Royal ships, I finally booked the Oasis and the Allure for next fall, and am reading everything I can find. Yours is definitely going to be the go to for important stuff.

Have to go back to my reading, but I'm sure I'll be back heresoon

Loved this review!!! I know im late to the party!! As a big NCL fan - this review (and the one being done currently by another CC member) have solidified our next cruise to be booked will be on the Allure. It wont be for a couple years as im pregnant now, and im sure that ships will be bigger and better by then - but there just seems to be something magical about this ship!

Kudos to you! I truly loved your review. It took me several days to get through it but it was so enjoyable that I could not stop reading. You gave such insight into cruising a mega ship that I can't wait until my sailing date. When and where are you going on your next cruise? I can wait to read your next review!;)

Just one more accolade to your inimitable review. Even if I were not interested in sailing on Allure or Oasis I would have luxuriated in your detailed account/review.

I started off an interested reader; I ended up booking the Oasis, motivated entirely by your pictorals.

And I'll just be one more of the throngs who tell you that your photography is absolutely unparalleled.

Gambee, I may be the first to say I just love your review; that's the first 2 pages of it. Don't get crazy, anyone. i've only read 2 pages and had to come here to rave. Having sailed all the different classes of Royal ships, I finally booked the Oasis and the Allure for next fall, and am reading everything I can find. Yours is definitely going to be the go to for important stuff.

Have to go back to my reading, but I'm sure I'll be back heresoon

Thanks for posting, hope you continue to enjoy and get all the information you need for your upcoming cruise :)

Loved this review!!! I know im late to the party!! As a big NCL fan - this review (and the one being done currently by another CC member) have solidified our next cruise to be booked will be on the Allure. It wont be for a couple years as im pregnant now, and im sure that ships will be bigger and better by then - but there just seems to be something magical about this ship!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Glad you decided to book an Oasis class ship and have no worries, I don't think something larger will come out any time soon. There certainly is something magical about that ship, I was out on the pier last sunday shooting pictures of all the ships. It is really funny, but when Allure went by I felt a bunch of butterflies in my stomach, now that might be because I am familiar with the ship and I sailed her already.

If you're an NCL fan keep an eye for my Breakaway review late May.

Kudos to you! I truly loved your review. It took me several days to get through it but it was so enjoyable that I could not stop reading. You gave such insight into cruising a mega ship that I can't wait until my sailing date. When and where are you going on your next cruise? I can wait to read your next review!;)

thanks =), thanks for your kind words. Our next cruise is on X Silhouette March 24, followed by Breakaway May 20, can't wait.

Just one more accolade to your inimitable review. Even if I were not interested in sailing on Allure or Oasis I would have luxuriated in your detailed account/review.

I started off an interested reader; I ended up booking the Oasis, motivated entirely by your pictorals.

And I'll just be one more of the throngs who tell you that your photography is absolutely unparalleled.

Thanks for posting Helen, glad you had a fun time reading our adventure. Maybe one day you will sail one of the Oasis class ships, they are definitely something special.

Happy Sailings :)

Wow - I have spent the best part of last night and this morning (thankfully it is the weekend here) reading your trip report and am far from finished. As others have said, I felt like I was right there with you on the ship sharing your vacation.

Your trip report has cemented my decision to do a B2B on Allure in September 2014. As we live in Australia, a B2B seems to me to be a better way to do it after flying all that way.

My daughter loved your cupcake photos - she has already asked if we can try one of each lol :eek:

I look forward to reading your future trip reports :)

K - Australia

Contestant # 2 was pretty good, I failed at getting him on video. He got second place, the guy was looking SHARP in that suit. He fit pretty good on his unlike me, lol. The only reason he did not win was because he decided to do a diva song and that did not fit his persona. But he was a close contender.

DSC08039_zps85890918.jpg

I am really enjoying reading your review Gambee. Your photos are vibrant and capture the different aspects of the ship beautifully. Your little comments add to the story and show your exuberance for life and all it's intricacies. I a sailing on independence in April and am getting really excited. I must take issue with you in one area though. As a Brit and Adele fan I did not like this performance at all.

Whilst I admire the young ladies confidence and personality she MURDERED the song with poor diction, over singing and IMHO I think she had been drinking a few of your favourite tipples too. Lol. That being said I have tried karaoke myself and was a quivering wreck so if she and her audience enjoyed it all power to her. Thanks again for keeping us entertained I too enjoy a dirty martini and think I will be trying a few more of those cocktails on my TA . X

Contestant # 3 was incredible, she was simply amazing, she captured the audience and took them a ride that one could not forget!! She got first place.

DSC08042_zps33d656d1.jpg

DSC08062_zps09254afe.jpg

Here is her video, http://youtu.be/BxTTNwILD08 You HAVE to see this video!!!!!!!

She made a few of us cry :D I wont mention names :D (then again I cry every time I see Finding Nemo, I am a bit of a softy", and yes thats me screaming again :D. I guess martini and wine have a way of influencing my personality. And yes that is also me with the broken voice at the end of the video. My mom says I could be a singer, I think she is only one in the world that can make that statement. Everyone else hides when I sing :-(, lol.

At times I wish I had the courage to do karaoke, it looks like a lot of fun.

Gambee

Wow, what an outstanding, comprehensive review. Loved your photos.

Thank you.

Wow - I have spent the best part of last night and this morning (thankfully it is the weekend here) reading your trip report and am far from finished. As others have said, I felt like I was right there with you on the ship sharing your vacation.

Your trip report has cemented my decision to do a B2B on Allure in September 2014. As we live in Australia, a B2B seems to me to be a better way to do it after flying all that way.

My daughter loved your cupcake photos - she has already asked if we can try one of each lol :eek:

I look forward to reading your future trip reports :)

K - Australia

coming here from AUS a B2B is definitely the way to go, in addition to that doing a B2B will offer you a better opportunity on doing everything on the ship. One is simply not enough time to experience everything. I hope you have fun planning your cruise, for me planning is half of the fun.

Smooth Sailings =)

Gambee, can you tell me which page you posted cruise compasses? thanks so much,

Hello again =)

Here you go,

http://photobucket.com/allurecompass

Gamble, your review is fabulous! I sat here all night reading it from beginning to end. Midway through, I texted my husband and told him that we are sailing Allure or Oasis our next cruise. :D

Thank you, you will have a blast.

Just to add my two cents...I found this review by looking for photos of the menu at Vintages and I have spent the last three days reading this on and off.

Thanks so much, we leave in 40ish days for the Oasis and this just made me even more eager to go. Your photos are lovely and the narrative is so funny at times, but so real life....

Thanks again!

I just booked the Oasis and found your wonderful review of her sister ship. I have spent the last few days reading through. I was a bit worried about the size with crowding issues and such. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, and it convinced me that booking the Oasis was a great move. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put in.

Thanks Again!

PHENOMENAL!

We've just booked our first cruise on the Allure... because your review convinced us that we absolutely "need" to experience this ship... and we "swore" we'd never do it!

Are you listening Royal? This young man does a better job than the people you pay to market your product.

Just to add my two cents...I found this review by looking for photos of the menu at Vintages and I have spent the last three days reading this on and off.

Thanks so much, we leave in 40ish days for the Oasis and this just made me even more eager to go. Your photos are lovely and the narrative is so funny at times, but so real life....

Thanks again!

I loved vintages, make sure you go there. Have a lot of fun in your cruise :)

I just booked the Oasis and found your wonderful review of her sister ship. I have spent the last few days reading through. I was a bit worried about the size with crowding issues and such. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, and it convinced me that booking the Oasis was a great move. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put in.

Thanks Again!

No worries about the size and crowds, you will rarely feel the crowds. Glad you had fun reading the review and I wish a great journey :)

LOVED your review & the pictures were FANTASTIC ! Great job.

I do have one question, that maybe you answered but I couldn't find it.:confused: What kind of camera did you use?

Thanks for any info & Happy Cruising! :D

I use a Sony Nex-f3, I think the post about the camera is in page 3 or 4. On my next review ill make sure to make that post in the first page as is a question that gets asked often.

Glad you liked the review.

PHENOMENAL!

We've just booked our first cruise on the Allure... because your review convinced us that we absolutely "need" to experience this ship... and we "swore" we'd never do it!

Are you listening Royal? This young man does a better job than the people you pay to market your product.

Thank you for your kind words, it was very nice of you. I hope you have a great time aboard this incredible vessel. :)

OH MY GOSH GAMBEE!!! What a FABULOUS review! You are so incredibly talented :) I have been mesmerized for the last few days....

We sailed on the Allure in Oct. 2011, and we've booked another trip for January 2014! We never thought we'd go on such a giant ship the first time.....but now we're going a second time!

I just know that I would get along great with your mom....she obviously has done a wonderful job. I think you are both amazing!

We love traveling with our grown children (and our grandchildren).....and do it as often as possible!

I was fortunate enough to travel throughout my childhood. My parents are in their mid 80's now, and don't get to travel much anymore. They shared their love of travel with me.....taking us with them on their many travels all over the world. It's sooooo special to be able to take these trips with your mom. Memories that will last a lifetime!

I do have a couple of questions for you....why did you choose the starboard side of the ship? The last few cruises we have been on we've been starboard, and I have always wished we were on the other side! So this time....I booked a port side room....actually room 12328.....the last room next to the special aft balcony! Yikes! Should I be over on the other side??

The other question is about Labadee. It's one port I've never been to, and the maps and pictures you posted make it seem so spread out. The private islands I've been on with other ships are mostly huge beach areas. We love the sand and snorkling, but it's nice to be close to a bar and a bathroom! Just wondering where the best place for us will be??

After I read your review again, I'll probably have more questions :D

Again.....THANK YOU! Truly a pleasure to read and enjoy!

I must admit though....I'm having a bit of Gambee withdrawl!!

Thanks for your reply about your camera & will look forward to your nx. review. :D

No problem.

:) Never in my dream's did I think that I would be able to experience the ship in it's beauty BEFORE I board...THANK YOU I just read everything yes it took a long time to review but it was worth every second:D

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed. Have a great trip.

OH MY GOSH GAMBEE!!! What a FABULOUS review! You are so incredibly talented :) I have been mesmerized for the last few days....

We sailed on the Allure in Oct. 2011, and we've booked another trip for January 2014! We never thought we'd go on such a giant ship the first time.....but now we're going a second time!

I just know that I would get along great with your mom....she obviously has done a wonderful job. I think you are both amazing!

We love traveling with our grown children (and our grandchildren).....and do it as often as possible!

I was fortunate enough to travel throughout my childhood. My parents are in their mid 80's now, and don't get to travel much anymore. They shared their love of travel with me.....taking us with them on their many travels all over the world. It's sooooo special to be able to take these trips with your mom. Memories that will last a lifetime!

I do have a couple of questions for you....why did you choose the starboard side of the ship? The last few cruises we have been on we've been starboard, and I have always wished we were on the other side! So this time....I booked a port side room....actually room 12328.....the last room next to the special aft balcony! Yikes! Should I be over on the other side??

The other question is about Labadee. It's one port I've never been to, and the maps and pictures you posted make it seem so spread out. The private islands I've been on with other ships are mostly huge beach areas. We love the sand and snorkling, but it's nice to be close to a bar and a bathroom! Just wondering where the best place for us will be??

After I read your review again, I'll probably have more questions :D

Again.....THANK YOU! Truly a pleasure to read and enjoy!

I must admit though....I'm having a bit of Gambee withdrawl!!

Thank you for the kind words. I have to agree with you, traveling with mom is one of the best things ever.

Well I mentioned it a couple of times, I picked the starboard side because I was to be away from the sun in the morning so that we could have breakfast on the balcony. But my calculations were slightly off, on Labadee that morning the sun was beaming down on us and some days the sun was coming from the back. To be honest it does not make a difference, I would not worry too much about it, if the sun is beaming down just go have breakfast somewhere else.

We are actually traveling the same itinerary at the end of march on the Silhouette. And once again we picked the starboard side. But this side we did it for another reason, just to be close to the elevators. Since we booked so late, there were few choices available. Also consider that this time the ship will be going the other way around, so its like if I had a port side cabin on the Allure. Keep an eye for the review and you can see for yourself.

The only problem I would have with that cabin is that is very far away from the elevators. I think on our next trip I would want to be a little closer, the Allure is a large ship, lots of walking. Although I did love that cabin, the proximity to that aft balcony was priceless, hard choice.

About lababee... it is indeed a spread out island, but you noticed that they offer a tram service and that is how we got around. There is no way I would walk all that. Since you like snorkeling I would stay away from Adrenaline beach, the snorkeling there is pretty pathetic and the sand is rough as hell. I can't talk for the other beaches yet, but in march I plan to go to Columbus beach. Once again I will refer you to that review and I will make sure to take notes on the sand and snorkeling. That said, I read a lot and most people report that there is really no good place to snorkel in labadee. But Ill sure try, I have a new underwater camera that I want to try.

For snorkeling try Chankanaab on Cozumel it is pretty good. Although I did my research and now we are renting a taxi and stopping in Corona beach. It is said that it's a much better beach for snorkeling, I will report on that.

Hope that helps.

Happy sailings :)

Thanks Gambee!

Guess we'll stay where we are on the port side :)

Having the map of Labadee ahead of time will be a great help. I'll study it and we'll figure out where to go, or we'll just wing it when we get there!

Have a great time on your upcoming cruises....can't wait for your reviews!!

Your next one should be on the new Royal Princess...we're doing that one right after we go on the Allure in January!

Julie

OH my gosh, Gambee, I had to go and read your review again as it got me so excited again about going on Allure! I can hardly wait, the food looks amazing and I have heard from everyone in the group I'm going with that you cannot miss the food!! This review is phenomenal, even my mom said "it feels like I was actually there!"

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication, Gambee.

I will be sailing aboard the Oasis in April and came across your review while finding out information about Falmouth. (Worried about hate crime related violence)

Your review has proven to be an invaluable piece of information to someone new to RCI and ships as large as the Oasis.

It has also swayed me to budget for a better camera for my October cruise.

Thank you again and I look forward to many more adventures of Gambee, Gambee's Mom & Gambee's BF.