Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

My boyfriend and I are going on the Allure in August with our 2 little ones. I'm so thankful for all the tips and hints you have shared here since we will be bringing our little ones along! I have thoroughly enjoyed your review and hope that your next cruise is as wonderful as this one was for you!:D

I hope you have a great family cruise.

Happy sailings

Thanks so much for seeing that price tag for me! This is VERY do-able especially if I can barter them down a bit :) . Now to hope they have similar paintings when I'm there in May :) .

You're welcome.

Gambee, Just bought a Nex 5RK. 18-55 lense. Need a decent zoom now. I loved your pics. I had to upgrade from my pentax.

You will that camera, unfortunately their zoom lineup is lacking a fast zoom lens. If I was you I would just buy the 55-210 for now until something better gets released. Enjoy :)

Gambee - Thanks for a very entertaining review. Loved both your pictures and commentary.

Cathy

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed :)

Thank you gambee, for your absolutely wonderful review. This is hands down, the best review of a cruise I have ever read. My hubby and I are booked on Allure for this December and your descriptions of ship life and Lady Allure have me wishing for this year to simply melt away!

You and your mom are lucky to have one another! Here's looking forward to more of your adventures and your wonderful reviews.

WOW!!! Like has been said many times before an amazing review! My family is in the early planning stages of a huge group (25 or more people) taking the Allure in 2014. I have spent the weekend reading every last page here. I have also shared it with the ones doing the majority of the planning. Thank you for your awesome review.

what a great review:)

I don't normally take pictures but LOVE looking at other peoples pictures, these were great!!!

No picture of you, mom, and bf??? would love to see one.

this review had such a great flow it kept my interest all weekend, I read from page 1 - 70, crazy right???

I can't wait until I'm on Allure in April!

Gambee - I discovered your review about 10 days ago and I just finished reading it. It brought back so many memories of my family's trip on Allure in 2011. We recently booked Oasis for this August and I'm so excited. I thought I had seen everything on Allure but, in reading your review, I discovered some new things. I think I am going to try Giovannis, Chops and 150 Central Park after reading your review. I feel that one of things that made your review so good is all of the personal info that you shared about you, BF and Mom. Thanks for opening up for the enjoyment of us Cruise Critic members. I'm looking out for future reviews from you.

DSC06980_zps75e698b4.jpg

DSC06981_zpsa0f7ad20.jpg

After I took the pictures I sat there and finished my bottle of Nobilo, while I waited for them to come back from the show.

Hi Gambee! I was on the Allure last month and found your review before going and loved it and commented on it to you. Now that my cruise is over, I decided to read your review again with a new perspective. I do want to tell you that we upgraded from an oceanview balcony to a guaranteed suite 2 weeks before the cruise, which was less than $200 total and was sooo worth it! The best part was the walkin closet, but we had 100 sq. ft. more room inside, 25 sq. ft. larger balcony, bigger bathroom with a tub, tea maker. You really should think about upgrading for your Breakaway cruise.

Thanks for answering all of my questions Gambee

No problem, my pleasure. Thank you for stopping by.

Thank you gambee, for your absolutely wonderful review. This is hands down, the best review of a cruise I have ever read. My hubby and I are booked on Allure for this December and your descriptions of ship life and Lady Allure have me wishing for this year to simply melt away!

You and your mom are lucky to have one another! Here's looking forward to more of your adventures and your wonderful reviews.

Thank you for your kind words, December will be here before you know it, I wish you and your hubby happy sailings on the Allure.

WOW!!! Like has been said many times before an amazing review! My family is in the early planning stages of a huge group (25 or more people) taking the Allure in 2014. I have spent the weekend reading every last page here. I have also shared it with the ones doing the majority of the planning. Thank you for your awesome review.

You're welcome and thank you for taking the time to read my review. I can only imagine planning a trip for 2014, I have no patience :D. It sounds like a great trip, I can only imagine how much fun my family would have if we all traveled together on this great ship. I hope you and your family has a great time :)

what a great review:-)

I don't normally take pictures but LOVE looking at other peoples pictures, these were great!!!

No picture of you, mom, and bf??? would love to see one.

this review had such a great flow it kept my interest all weekend, I read from page 1 - 70, crazy right???

I can't wait until I'm on Allure in April!

You don't take pictures :eek:, lol, that is all I do :D

I can't believe you read the entire thing, I don't think I have read half it myself :D.

You know my birthday is on April, have fun on your cruise :)

This picture is just AMAZING!!!! I love your review so much!! Up til now I've had no interest in the Oasis or Allure but you've changed my mind!

Glad to know that I managed to change your opinion on this ship, you know we really like bigger ships over smaller ones, so I guess size was never an issue. But I can see how some people that have been cruising for some time see the Allure and say "it is just too big". The more I linger around these boards the more I understand how we all have different tastes in cruising and that everyone cruises with different things in mind. I am curious to learn how my cruising interests will change in time. Thanks for posting here and expressing your thought.

Gambee - I discovered your review about 10 days ago and I just finished reading it. It brought back so many memories of my family's trip on Allure in 2011. We recently booked Oasis for this August and I'm so excited. I thought I had seen everything on Allure but, in reading your review, I discovered some new things. I think I am going to try Giovannis, Chops and 150 Central Park after reading your review. I feel that one of things that made your review so good is all of the personal info that you shared about you, BF and Mom. Thanks for opening up for the enjoyment of us Cruise Critic members. I'm looking out for future reviews from you.

You know every time I read new reviews I always manage to find something new that I missed. I am glad you enjoyed the review and that you found it helpful. Those 3 restaurants were all very good, we had a great time dinning in them. I think next time around we will go to the restaurants we missed and see how they compare. I am glad you enjoyed our journey and I hope you have a great time on Oasis, a second time around on these ships might be a lot more fun than the first. Knowing where everything is and what you like most.

Happy Sailings :)

Hi Gambee! I was on the Allure last month and found your review before going and loved it and commented on it to you. Now that my cruise is over, I decided to read your review again with a new perspective. I do want to tell you that we upgraded from an oceanview balcony to a guaranteed suite 2 weeks before the cruise, which was less than $200 total and was sooo worth it! The best part was the walkin closet, but we had 100 sq. ft. more room inside, 25 sq. ft. larger balcony, bigger bathroom with a tub, tea maker. You really should think about upgrading for your Breakaway cruise.

How was your cruise?

For Breakaway I booked an aft cabin, I have spend a great deal of time trying to figure out the best cabin possible. Our aft cabin is actually only $10 less than a mini suite, but I really want an aft cabin, we have never done one and the aft of the ship is one of the areas that we like most. Hopefully it is a good cabin, there is very little info right now out there right now, so research is a little hard. A tub is something that I would love, maybe next time. :)

Wonderful review, thank you so very much for all of your hard work.

We are going on the Allure in September but doing the Eastern. I wish you had done Eastern since you have so much detail about the ports.

If you can wait until the first week of May you will get all the details on the Eastern ports :) I'm planning a review like Gambee's but it will have more videos and a bigger write up on CC events!

Wonderful review, thank you so very much for all of your hard work.

We are going on the Allure in September but doing the Eastern. I wish you had done Eastern since you have so much detail about the ports.

You're welcome and thank you, hopefully one day we will do the eastern one, ill just have to wait and see when. I hope you have a fun time in your cruise, thanks for posting :)

If you can wait until the first week of May you will get all the details on the Eastern ports :) I'm planning a review like Gambee's but it will have more videos and a bigger write up on CC events!

You know once I got home I realized that I really did not have that a lot of videos, it is definitely something that I will do a lot more on future reviews. I will be looking out for your eastern review, it might give some good ideas on what to do on those ports. What exactly do you mean by "bigger write up on cc events"?

DSC07876_zpsa4b14c3f.jpg

Can't wait to spend ALL OF MY TIME on the rock walls!

Question:

Did you notice huge waits to use the attractions like the rock walls and such???

Not really, maybe on seadays at peak time 10 people, but overall less than 5. Keep in mind there are two walls and they can host several people at the same time. I never used them, but it seemed like a lot of fun :)

Hi Gambee, I accidentally came across your review while researching RCL cruises in preparation for my B2B on Allure on 5 May this year. I was immediately hooked and have spent every morning reading your review while travelling to work on the train.. I actually feel like I have already experienced my cruise and know all about the ship and destinations. Based on your review i have booked the meet & greet and am clear about where to go , what shows to see and what shore experiences I will choose.

The quality of the review is exceptional and I agree with other CC members who have suggested you should be engaged by RCL to promote their line!!

Abig thanks to all other CC members who have provided information regarding their cruise experiences.

I will keep reading the threads and planning for my cruise from Australia.

DSC07876_zpsa4b14c3f.jpg

Can't wait to spend ALL OF MY TIME on the rock walls!

Question:

Did you notice huge waits to use the attractions like the rock walls and such???

wow thank you for this picture...really shows what deck 12 aft cabins will look like and show the more secluded balcony I read about.

Glad to know that I managed to change your opinion on this ship, you know we really like bigger ships over smaller ones, so I guess size was never an issue. But I can see how some people that have been cruising for some time see the Allure and say "it is just too big". The more I linger around these boards the more I understand how we all have different tastes in cruising and that everyone cruises with different things in mind. I am curious to learn how my cruising interests will change in time. Thanks for posting here and expressing your thought.

You know every time I read new reviews I always manage to find something new that I missed. I am glad you enjoyed the review and that you found it helpful. Those 3 restaurants were all very good, we had a great time dinning in them. I think next time around we will go to the restaurants we missed and see how they compare. I am glad you enjoyed our journey and I hope you have a great time on Oasis, a second time around on these ships might be a lot more fun than the first. Knowing where everything is and what you like most.

Happy Sailings :)

How was your cruise?

For Breakaway I booked an aft cabin, I have spend a great deal of time trying to figure out the best cabin possible. Our aft cabin is actually only $10 less than a mini suite, but I really want an aft cabin, we have never done one and the aft of the ship is one of the areas that we like most. Hopefully it is a good cabin, there is very little info right now out there right now, so research is a little hard. A tub is something that I would love, maybe next time. :)

Hi Gambee! LOVED being on Allure! Had great service everywhere we went! Of course we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do. Would love to do it again, but I'm interested in sailing on the Quantum, which is coming out in Fall 2014. I can't wait to see your review of Breakaway! I've heard that the aft balcony rooms are great, I'm sure you'll love it!

Hi Gambee, I accidentally came across your review while researching RCL cruises in preparation for my B2B on Allure on 5 May this year. I was immediately hooked and have spent every morning reading your review while travelling to work on the train.. I actually feel like I have already experienced my cruise and know all about the ship and destinations. Based on your review i have booked the meet & greet and am clear about where to go , what shows to see and what shore experiences I will choose.

The quality of the review is exceptional and I agree with other CC members who have suggested you should be engaged by RCL to promote their line!!

Abig thanks to all other CC members who have provided information regarding their cruise experiences.

I will keep reading the threads and planning for my cruise from Australia.

Thank you very much for kind words, I hope you have a great time on your cruise :)

wow thank you for this picture...really shows what deck 12 aft cabins will look like and show the more secluded balcony I read about.

You're welcome, glad I could help.

Hi Gambee! LOVED being on Allure! Had great service everywhere we went! Of course we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do. Would love to do it again, but I'm interested in sailing on the Quantum, which is coming out in Fall 2014. I can't wait to see your review of Breakaway! I've heard that the aft balcony rooms are great, I'm sure you'll love it!

Glad you had fun, you know the same happened to me. I am just now realizing how much I missed, oh well, at least I have an excuse to go back ;). Quantum is also in my radar, can't wait to hear more details about the ship.

You know once I got home I realized that I really did not have that a lot of videos, it is definitely something that I will do a lot more on future reviews. I will be looking out for your eastern review, it might give some good ideas on what to do on those ports. What exactly do you mean by "bigger write up on cc events"?

Basically we've had a very active roll call for over a year now. I'm coming to the USA from Australia and our cruise is just the mid-point of our trip. I'm planning to meet some CC members from our Roll Call in Phoenix for a dinner. Then once in Fort Lauderdale a group of CC members from the Roll Call are going on a Carrie B Cruise tour of the Everglades. Then we are meeting up at the beach (in the same spot you went) to watch the Oasis of the Seas sailaway. After that we are all going to a place for dinner.

THEN once we are on the ship we have the meet and mingle with a hometown gift exchange. Then we have a cabin crawl + poker run. We are also planning a few group lunches/dinners on board. So basically what I'm saying is, other CC members will be featuring a lot in my review :D

Basically we've had a very active roll call for over a year now. I'm coming to the USA from Australia and our cruise is just the mid-point of our trip. I'm planning to meet some CC members from our Roll Call in Phoenix for a dinner. Then once in Fort Lauderdale a group of CC members from the Roll Call are going on a Carrie B Cruise tour of the Everglades. Then we are meeting up at the beach (in the same spot you went) to watch the Oasis of the Seas sailaway. After that we are all going to a place for dinner.

THEN once we are on the ship we have the meet and mingle with a hometown gift exchange. Then we have a cabin crawl + poker run. We are also planning a few group lunches/dinners on board. So basically what I'm saying is, other CC members will be featuring a lot in my review :D

WOW, sounds like a lot of fun :). I am sure you will have a great time, have fun on your vacation. My breakaway Rollcall seems to be going very slow, but it looks like we will have a cabin crawl as well, looking forward for it.

Today I had a day off work to catch up on the things I have needed to do since we got home from our cruise on the Voyager. Just after 9am I sat down to read a bit of Cruise Critic. Well here I am 5 1/2 hours later typing this message.

I feel like I have watched a full series of the new Gambee, Gabee's Mum and BF show. :D

I have been through a range of emotions with you today as I have read your review. I think it is wonderful that you feel comfortable sharing a cabin with your Mum and your BF and that you all feel comfortable enough to do your own thing so you all enjoy your trip. I also got a laugh at all the times your Mum stole your drink or food. It was like the rolling joke in the sitcom.

I have also cried twice too. :( The first reading your post about your feelings of Jamaica. I was not aware of this. We have a daughter who uses a wheelchair when we cruise and we had similar experiences in Fiji where some of the Fijian Indian people were really rude and quite threatening to our daughter. It bothers me that people who belong to groups like us have to experience this within our world.

I also shed a tear when I read your ending post and where you thanked everybody.

We are cruising on the Oasis during the same itinerary that you did and for these hours today I have felt like I am there and have been planning bits of our trip from your experiences.

Thank you so much for your time and effort.