Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Today I had a day off work to catch up on the things I have needed to do since we got home from our cruise on the Voyager. Just after 9am I sat down to read a bit of Cruise Critic. Well here I am 5 1/2 hours later typing this message.

I feel like I have watched a full series of the new Gambee, Gabee's Mum and BF show. :D

I have been through a range of emotions with you today as I have read your review. I think it is wonderful that you feel comfortable sharing a cabin with your Mum and your BF and that you all feel comfortable enough to do your own thing so you all enjoy your trip. I also got a laugh at all the times your Mum stole your drink or food. It was like the rolling joke in the sitcom.

I have also cried twice too. :( The first reading your post about your feelings of Jamaica. I was not aware of this. We have a daughter who uses a wheelchair when we cruise and we had similar experiences in Fiji where some of the Fijian Indian people were really rude and quite threatening to our daughter. It bothers me that people who belong to groups like us have to experience this within our world.

I also shed a tear when I read your ending post and where you thanked everybody.

We are cruising on the Oasis during the same itinerary that you did and for these hours today I have felt like I am there and have been planning bits of our trip from your experiences.

Thank you so much for your time and effort.

First of all thank you for your heart felt post, I am glad I could bring such emotions out of you just with my writing.

Throughout my life I learned to deal with people who are not accepting of gay people and it really does not bother me that much. I understand that we all have our different views and everyone is entitled to them. I am not here to change anyone views on it or anything, as long as I can go through my day with no issues I am fine, living in South Florida helps.

But when someone makes rude comment to people who are sick or with disabilities that is an entire different issue, I have no tolerance for that. I was brought up being a very accepting of other people and that is how I see things. I have a cousin with down syndrome and my bf sister also has down syndrome. He has dealt with the discrimination of his sister directly, I can only imagine how infuriated that would make someone.

I hope you have a great time on Oasis, I been looking at it for an eastern itinerary sometime in the future.

Happy sailings :)

Hi Gambee! Returned from our Oasis cruise last weekend and have just gotten caught up with all of the postings/comments on your "never-ending"(yeah!) Allure thread.

Just wanted you to know how helpful your Allure pictorial/review was as the Oasis is so similar. DS and I caught ourselves many times saying "Gambee said. . ." or "Gambee did. . ." and also heard the same from a few other cruisers while in certain venues or on the elevators.

I think this thread will (and should!) live on for quite a long time on these boards and perhaps what we need is a "Sticky" titled "Gambee says. . ." Hope you and your DM enjoy your Breakaway cruise just as much and I'll be waiting right here along with many others for your review. Thanks again.:D

Gambee I found your review by accident searching just for Allure menus first thing this morning and just finished page 71 now close to 2011 hours, sorry I mean 8:11 pm. You are a wonderful writer and amazing photographer. We booked Allure just this week for March and can't wait! I know it will be much more rewarding now that I have been able to see it through your eye for detail. Thank you so much for the time and energy you put into this review.

Gambee,

I have spent the last week or so reading your review as I found it late when somebody posted a link on a thread for our upcoming cruise.

What can I say that dozens of other people haven't already said?? Thank you for a quite brilliant review of the ship. It brought back memories of our cruise on the Oasis in 2011 and has killed some time and made us look forward even more to our B2B cruise on Allure starting 31st March for our honeymoon. It has also given us loads of tips that it may have taken us a dozen cruises to find ourselves.

I have been thinking about doing a review myself after reading yours but my photography skills are somewhat lacking when compared to your pictures. I, also, do not know if I have the dedication to come up with something as detailed and interesting as yours! I really can't wait the 48 days until I fly in from here in the UK.

Again... thank you for so much entertainment and information. I feel like I know all three of you personally! I will, no doubt, be reading through again over the coming weeks. I would happily bring back a bottle for you!!

Hi Gambee! Returned from our Oasis cruise last weekend and have just gotten caught up with all of the postings/comments on your "never-ending"(yeah!) Allure thread.

Just wanted you to know how helpful your Allure pictorial/review was as the Oasis is so similar. DS and I caught ourselves many times saying "Gambee said. . ." or "Gambee did. . ." and also heard the same from a few other cruisers while in certain venues or on the elevators.

I think this thread will (and should!) live on for quite a long time on these boards and perhaps what we need is a "Sticky" titled "Gambee says. . ." Hope you and your DM enjoy your Breakaway cruise just as much and I'll be waiting right here along with many others for your review. Thanks again.:D

Thanks for reposting again, glad you had a good time. It makes me very excited that you heard my name mentioned around the ship :) thank you for bringing that up.

I will see you around :)

Gambee - thanks for a enjoyable and informative review. ken

You're welcome, happy sailings .

Gambee I found your review by accident searching just for Allure menus first thing this morning and just finished page 71 now close to 2011 hours, sorry I mean 8:11 pm. You are a wonderful writer and amazing photographer. We booked Allure just this week for March and can't wait! I know it will be much more rewarding now that I have been able to see it through your eye for detail. Thank you so much for the time and energy you put into this review.

OMG you spent all day reading :eek:, lol, glad you enjoyed the review, I hope you have a great time. Thank you for posting here and I am happy I helped you on your planning.

Gambee,

I have spent the last week or so reading your review as I found it late when somebody posted a link on a thread for our upcoming cruise.

What can I say that dozens of other people haven't already said?? Thank you for a quite brilliant review of the ship. It brought back memories of our cruise on the Oasis in 2011 and has killed some time and made us look forward even more to our B2B cruise on Allure starting 31st March for our honeymoon. It has also given us loads of tips that it may have taken us a dozen cruises to find ourselves.

I have been thinking about doing a review myself after reading yours but my photography skills are somewhat lacking when compared to your pictures. I, also, do not know if I have the dedication to come up with something as detailed and interesting as yours! I really can't wait the 48 days until I fly in from here in the UK.

Again... thank you for so much entertainment and information. I feel like I know all three of you personally! I will, no doubt, be reading through again over the coming weeks. I would happily bring back a bottle for you!!

I am glad you found my review and enjoyed it, you're welcome. This reviews definitely require a lot of work, but they are also very rewarding. Maybe sometime you could try one.

You know the day you board for your B2B is the day we disembark from Silhouette, I hope you have a great time on your cruise. Happy Sailings.

Good Morning Gambee, Mom and BF from frozen CT:),

I'm re-reading your wonderful, amazing review and just have one question for you.

Do you by any chance remember what days and time the cupcake classes are? I missed them the last time we were on the Oasis and would like to try it this time when we're on the Allure in May.

Thank you again for putting together this incredible review of your journey on the Allure.

Liz:)

Good Morning Gambee, Mom and BF from frozen CT:),

I'm re-reading your wonderful, amazing review and just have one question for you.

Do you by any chance remember what days and time the cupcake classes are? I missed them the last time we were on the Oasis and would like to try it this time when we're on the Allure in May.

Thank you again for putting together this incredible review of your journey on the Allure.

Ill be honest with you, I don't know, we only saw it once going on and it was for kids. I never saw the adult one. I suggest when you board the ship go directly to the store and ask them there, I am sure they should have the schedule and you should be able to book a space there. I noticed people inquiring about it when I was there taking pictures.

Ill be honest with you, I don't know, we only saw it once going on and it was for kids. I never saw the adult one. I suggest when you board the ship go directly to the store and ask them there, I am sure they should have the schedule and you should be able to book a space there. I noticed people inquiring about it when I was there taking pictures.

Thank you for getting back to me so soon.

Please let us know when your next adventure will be:)

Can't wait for your next review.

Thank You Gambee,

It took two days and dirty looks from DH but finished your review. We have always cruised with Carnival but just booked a B2B for June 2014 on the Allure and can hardly wait. Your review really helps for the extensive planning I will be making. I hate staying on board when we visit ports but I just might when we visit Jamica, going with 4 teenagers and not sure I would feel comfortable walking around with them (three are girls). I hope to remember to check the other boards for your reviews on your next cruises.

Thank you for getting back to me so soon.

Please let us know when your next adventure will be:)

Can't wait for your next review.

Next adventure is actually on March 24 on Celebrity Silhouette, it was a little unexpected. But we can't wait.

Incredible review - thank you for taking time to do this. :D

You're welcome.

Thank You Gambee,

It took two days and dirty looks from DH but finished your review. We have always cruised with Carnival but just booked a B2B for June 2014 on the Allure and can hardly wait. Your review really helps for the extensive planning I will be making. I hate staying on board when we visit ports but I just might when we visit Jamica, going with 4 teenagers and not sure I would feel comfortable walking around with them (three are girls). I hope to remember to check the other boards for your reviews on your next cruises.

You're welcome, glad the review could help. You know we will be back on Jamaica late March and we decided that we will stay onboard this time. If anything I will get off to try some Jamaican food in the RCCL complex, but nothing more. I have to agree with you, I would not go with 3 girls into falmouth, possibly the Chukka beach break might be an option?

Have a great trip :)

I have read that you parked at this place. Did you have to leave your car key?

They say they garantie a place but that I may have to leave the key. This I will not do!

What do you think?

Yeah we did leave a key, honestly there is nothing they can do to your car. Take inventory of dings and look at the odometer, make sure they notice you're doing this, I am sure no one will mess your car. We had a great experience with the company.

Hi Gambee my daughter and I loved your review & pics and we're sailing on Allure May 5th celebrating her 21st birthday I'm guessing you did not try the chocolate breakfast in the MDR?

Actually we never made it to the MDR for breakfast or lunch, sorry can't help you there. Have fun on your cruise :)

Ah I see you are going to be on Celebrity Silhouette doing the same itinerary that I will be doing on the same ship April 7th :)

So the CC members will get two reviews... what is sure to be another awesome review from you and my LIVE review

Cheers! :D

Edited by Bugsy4271

Ah I see you are going to be on Celebrity Silhouette doing the same itinerary that I will be doing on the same ship April 7th :)

So the CC members will get two reviews... what is sure to be another awesome review from you and my LIVE review

Cheers! :D

Yeah it was completely unexpected, we were actually planning on doing Disney in August, but the price deterred me away from it. dmwnc1959 suggested I looked at celebrity instead, but of course since they pull out of Florida in april that meant that I had to go before then. Mom happened to have a week off and I somehow managed to get off as well.

I am not crazy about doing the same itinerary as Allure, but we are planning on doing different activities. What are you planning on doing in Jamaica, I think we might stay on board, but still not sure.

I just noticed you got a B2B on Royal Princess, that should be fun. I am not sure we are going to be able to sail again this year, but if we do Royal is definitely on our sight.

Edited by gambee

Yeah it was completely unexpected, we were actually planning on doing Disney in August, but the price deterred me away from it. dmwnc1959 suggested I looked at celebrity instead, but of course since they pull out of Florida in april that meant that I had to go before then. Mom happened to have a week off and I somehow managed to get off as well.

I am not crazy about doing the same itinerary as Allure, but we are planning on doing different activities. What are you planning on doing in Jamaica, I think we might stay on board, but still not sure.

I just noticed you got a B2B on Royal Princess, that should be fun. I am not sure we are going to be able to sail again this year, but if we do Royal is definitely on our sight.

Falmouth will definitely be a ship/wander around the port facility day for me.

Fantastic review!! Thanks so much for the time needed to do this for all of us!

Just curious,

After it was all said and done. Were you happy with your choice of cabin? I, Like you, have chosen cabin 11720 to be close to the "private balcony. I read a lot about deck 8 being the top choice of many cruisers of Oasis class ships.

Any more comments on your choice of cabin?

Thanks Much.

Westh2o:)

Sorry to butt in, but, be sure and get off in Falmouth to taste the cream rum!! It was wonderful, still enjoying it. Then get back on ship and wander!!

I guess we can give it a try :)

Fantastic review!! Thanks so much for the time needed to do this for all of us!

Just curious,

After it was all said and done. Were you happy with your choice of cabin? I, Like you, have chosen cabin 11720 to be close to the "private balcony. I read a lot about deck 8 being the top choice of many cruisers of Oasis class ships.

Any more comments on your choice of cabin?

Thanks Much.

Westh2o:)

Hello Westh2o, the location of our cabin was great, we really enjoyed that aft balcony and there was no noise leakage from anywhere in the ship at night. That said being so far aft that means a lot of walking to our favorite part of the ship the solarium. Even with that I would not hesitate to book that same room again, the view downward was also very nice.

I hope you have a geat voyage :)

Hi Gambee! Long time no post on this thread for me. :) Glad to see your review is still going strong. I'm still referring folks from my current roll call to read your review if they were not able to get their answers from my review of the Allure.

We cruised on the Allure on November 11th so you got off and we got on. :) I wish I could have read your review first but we're doing a B2B on the Liberty 2 weeks from today and will be visiting the same western ports so your review has been very helpful (we've only visited Cozumel on past cruises so the other ports are new to us). What a huge undertaking to write such a detailed review. You did an amazing job...thank you so much for everything you put into this. I can't wait to read your next review.

Oh & I must mention your amazing photos. I know people asked which camera you used but as you know, it's not the camera that makes a good photo, it's the photographer (as the joke goes, when someone makes a great meal we don't say "oh you must have a good oven" LOL). Your pictures here and those posted on another cruise review I read recently have convinced me to take my full frame (Canon 5D MK II) with me on the Liberty when we sail (I typically take a P&S rather than lug my camera, tripod & lenses with me). You did a beautiful job capturing the beauty of the Allure and the Caribbean. Thank you!

Hi Gambee! Long time no post on this thread for me. :) Glad to see your review is still going strong. I'm still referring folks from my current roll call to read your review if they were not able to get their answers from my review of the Allure.

Thank you for the extra exposure by referring other people here :), I am very happy with the results. I never in my wildest dreams thought this review would make it this far.

OMG, your pics are AMAZING!

Thank you :o

We cruised on the Allure on November 11th so you got off and we got on. :) I wish I could have read your review first but we're doing a B2B on the Liberty 2 weeks from today and will be visiting the same western ports so your review has been very helpful (we've only visited Cozumel on past cruises so the other ports are new to us). What a huge undertaking to write such a detailed review. You did an amazing job...thank you so much for everything you put into this. I can't wait to read your next review.

Oh & I must mention your amazing photos. I know people asked which camera you used but as you know, it's not the camera that makes a good photo, it's the photographer (as the joke goes, when someone makes a great meal we don't say "oh you must have a good oven" LOL). Your pictures here and those posted on another cruise review I read recently have convinced me to take my full frame (Canon 5D MK II) with me on the Liberty when we sail (I typically take a P&S rather than lug my camera, tripod & lenses with me). You did a beautiful job capturing the beauty of the Allure and the Caribbean. Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words.

I have to say that I admire you for deciding to bring a full frame camera with you. My equipment just grew a little more with the purchase of two new lens and now I am starting to second guess the weight of my camera bag. I would definitely never travel without my compact system, but I am not sure I will be purchasing any new lens in some time to come.

On my next cruise I will be traveling with 4 lens, the nex and a p&s camera, this will be my test to see if I can handle the weight without it impacting my vacation style. I might have to consider leaving the fisheye and all the hoods, but it is too early to tell, I also bought a very compact bag so that might help.

I hope you have a great vacation on the liberty and once again thank you for posting :).

You call that clean and modern???? thanks for the pictures of Chankanaab after seeing the place thru your pictures we will never go there because it looks dirty and old with very old looking and uncomfortable chaise lounges. Thanks again because you saved us a trip there but im glad you enjoyed it.

You could have taken that info and kept your comments to yourself. He has worked hard to put this together. Shame on you!