Have 2 Questions

lovinsea

Have sailed Celebrity before, however am not sure what their policy is on bringing

wine on board for consuming in your room, am confused by some saying it's

limited to 2 bottles per stateroom, if so can this be in your checked bag or carryon

only. We are flighing in and getting in very late. So stopping to by wine would not work.

The other question is regading bringing a clothes steamer on board (not an iron)

I think I may have in the past but rules may have changed.

Any help on above would be appreciated.....Thank you.

Ann

Hi Ann,

We just did a Panama Canal cruise on Infinity that departed from San Diego. My husband and I each hand carried two bottles of wine and they never batted an eye. Might I suggest you pack a box of wine in your checked luggage. We have done that and find it just as easy to do. It will not break and you will get more than 2 bottles worth. There are some fairly good choices I think. Also , just ask your room steward for glasses. We had clean glasses each day.

Happy Cruising....oh, you can not carry wine on the plane so if you do put it in your luggage you would have to check it. Not sure where you will be but most convenience stores and drug stores now carry wine so you can purchase it on your way to the hotel.

oh...no irons or steamers. Easy solution...bring a top to a squirt bottle...like a window cleaner bottle. Those fit nicely on a water bottle and just spritz your pants, jackets, tops, etc and hang...fastest way is to hang behind the balcony chair for 15 minutes. Humidity will take all the wrinkles out.

Tow bottles of wine at embarkation per stateroom, none at the ports although they do make some exceptions on their special wine cruises.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=1995&faqSubjectId=59

No irons or steamers allowed, based upon reports back from others they will be confiscated and returned upon return.

Here is the entry from the web site on irons and steamers, also prices for laundry.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=3183&faqSubjectId=70

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&faqSubjectId=70

There are so many posts on wine policy. On our last cruise (two weeks ago) we purchased some wine at one port stop, carried on to the ship where it went through the xray scanner. They asked if that was wine...I said yes. They asked me to step over to the table and check it...I said OK. Sounds great, right??? Well I turned and there was no table :) so I just took the wine to our room. Many found the same thing. Obviously your cruise may differ. (note: we did not drink the wine...we wanted it for home)

The rule is two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom at embarkation may be consumed in your cabin...there is a corkage fee of $25 if you take those bottles to the dining room to drink.

The practice is two bottles of wine per bag they check. I am not suggesting going around the system, but if each of you put two bottles in each of your carry on bags and two bottles of wine in each of your checked bags, it is very likely they would all reach your room without anyone batting an eye.

The other practice is that the corkage fee applies if you bring the bottle to dinner; if you walk in with a glass of wine....there is no corkage and therefore no corkage fee.

Let the chiding begin....

thanks for your quick responses....happy to hear of the wine policy, now if we can

figure out how to get them, we won't be putting them in our checked bags,

we are flying and have a plane change, so you know how they handle luggage,

don't want to take the chance of breakage. Will be arriving late in Fll and will be

picked up by hotel van and checked with hotel, no liquor stores near by that we

can walk to the following morning before shuttle takes us to pier.

Will work on a plan.

Thanks again.

thanks for your quick responses....happy to hear of the wine policy, now if we can

figure out how to get them, we won't be putting them in our checked bags,

we are flying and have a plane change, so you know how they handle luggage,

don't want to take the chance of breakage. Will be arriving late in Fll and will be

picked up by hotel van and checked with hotel, no liquor stores near by that we

can walk to the following morning before shuttle takes us to pier.

Will work on a plan.

Thanks again.

Grocery stores and drugstores sell wine in Florida...some are open all night. Not the best choices, but the price is right.

Archived