afternoon tea on princess?

adventurenerd

Wow!!!! Thank you for dropping all these good infos and comments.

Well, one important question is........ if the clotted cream is real one or just whipped cream. I was disappointed on the Celebrity cruise when they just had whipped cream.

Hope they will have real clotted cream:)

It is not real clotted cream. It's a version of whipped/clotted cream. Not bad and with the right jam or preserve the scones were tastefully dressed.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

It is not real clotted cream. It's a version of whipped/clotted cream. Not bad and with the right jam or preserve the scones were tastefully dressed.

Well that is disappointing. There is nothing like real clotted cream. After a trip to England I was spoiled and the stuff you get in jars in the US just doesn't compare.

Somebody asked if afternoon tea was charged and I don't think anybody said. It is FULLY included in your cruise ticket. I had it two day and it is elegant. The second time I had tea and ONE dessert. It is one more place to over eat for me. The table company was nice. We were seated by staff. It is not free for all seating.

You are actually shown to a table by a server or a Matre d'. There is music playing. They used to have a harpist or pianist and it was quite lovely. I wish they'd go back to doing this, it made the whole experience really enjoyable.

Since most of the Princess fleet has added the Piazza, with all the yummie treats......there's just not enough room in one human body to consume it all! ;)

The last couple of cruises they had an electric guitarist who played soothing music... actually very good. On one cruise it was a keyboardist and a guitarist. Again, very good...

Do they offer any caffine free teas, herb teas?

Thanks, n--

On the Golden Princess two weeks ago they offered caffein-free herbal teas for Afternoon Tea. I ordered Orange Spice each day. They also had other flavors. But you need to ask or they will pour whatever they have in the pot.

In '06 on the Grand Princess in the Mediterranean we went to tea and just happened to sit at a table with a couple who lived just a few miles from us in Nemo,TX. Nemo is not even a speck on the map. Reminds me of a Carnival cruise story. On a transAtlantic from Barcelona to Galveston,we were seated at dinner one night with a couple from Arlington,TX. Learned our daughter was their granddaughter's teacher. Such a small world.:)

I found a picture of our balcony afternoon tea set-up from Emerald Christmas 2011. Scones are missing as they did not fit on the table.

Looking forward to doing this again in couple of weeks.

Is this a perk or is it available to all passengers in their staterooms?

• 5 years later...