Thanksgiving cruise and kids

JMCruising

Considering cruising the week of Thanksgiving. We don't have children and chose off season for that reason. Are the 7 day Thanksgiving week cruises fairly kid heavy due to school.breaks? Thanks!

ANYTIME there are school breaks there will be lots of children.

Definitely lots of kids - a lot of parents will pull kids for Mon/Tues as a good majority of them get Wed/Thurs/Fri off - also some school districts give the whole week off for some reason. I would love it if our school systems up in Canada were this generous - we only get Thanksgiving day. This is not considered an off period believe me

We have kids but have cruised the week of Thanksgiving without them. I honestly didn't notice them . We really don't swim in the pools and we did late dining so didn't have any problems with them . We did see them running around rather late (in my opinion ) around the decks of the ship. But other than that it wasn't horrible with other peoples kids . Maybe because they were other peoples and not mine :D

We also cruise during the off season for that reason. This year, though, I found a cruise leaving on Thanksgiving day and returning on Sunday. I can cruise without asking for any additional time off work and I don't have to cook (or even eat turkey) on Thanksgiving. We purchased Faster to the Fun because my patience with children will last a lot longer if I don't use it up standing in line with them to get on board :) It should also enable us to get in and out of the buffet before large family groups arrive. Somebody recently posted the Fun Times for that cruise and I see that most of the things I am interested in will be adults-only. For us, it is worth it to give it a try. If it doesn't work out, we won't go again next year.

Archived