Had to cancel cruise

amillard222

:( Hubby and I were supposed to be going on a cruise to the Bahamas in Feb. We had to cancel becasue he is active duty Army and we got orders to Alaska. The funny thing is I was just telling him that on our next Carnival cruise I wanted to take a cruise to Alaska..lol Any way Carnival was great about refunding our money, the only thing that was not refunded was 2 vouchers that I had bought thru my credit card company. I purchased the vochers with my Citi points and according to Carnival they are non refundeable. So any one that is buying the vouchers from citi bank make sure you are going to go on your cruise and not have to cancel. Carnival did put the $200 in a holding account good for 2 years if I want to use them but since we will not be anywhere around a Carnival port for a couple of years it is just money wasted. Oh well lesson learned.

Or maybe you can make you way to Vanc. BC or Seattle and take that Alaskan cruise after all.

A cruise is a cruise, and Alaska is very beautiful from a balcony.

I am taking my 2nd Alaskan cruise this April.

Just a thought. :o

Is the voucher good on any other lines owned by Carnival Corporation, or just on Carnival Cruise Line? HAL and Princess are two of the bigger Alaska cruise lines and are both owned by Carnival Corp. Also, are the vouchers transferable? If so, you could sell them to get back most of your cost. As others have said, check with Citi on a refund first but these might be other options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

how many points did the voucher cost, if you dont mind me asking?

It was not a really great discount but I paid $90 for a $100 voucher. I only saved $10 but after shipping and then the cost to send it to carnival certified mail it really was not worth it.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Definietely check with Citi for some "condideration" - a lot of larger com panies will often work with Military families. Thanks from MANY for the heads-up on the MasterCard OBC!!! ken

Thanks Ken and everyone else, I will make sure to call Citi bank and talk to them about the vouchers. I hope all the lucky folks that got in on the Mastercard promotion have a fantabulous cruise!!!

Your cruise was for February, why are you cancelling? Or is it for a different cruise? We're military too, and we only cancelled my husband because he got deployment orders. If you're just PCS'ing, the military wouldn't be letting you drive the Alcan in the middle of the winter, so you'll be flying up there anyways. Just not sure why a PCS would make you cancel a cruise.

AND, just to make sure you're aware of this, your goods take about 4-6 weeks to get up there. So if you got your goods packed up, you'd have no "stuff". What a great time to take a cruise! We PCS'd from Florida to Alaska in December of all times. And PCS'd back to FL from Alaska in October.

I'm just kind of "over" every time we planned something as a family, something military comes up to make us cancel it. I stopped cancelling and 9 times out of 10 it works out. A few weeks ago it didn't, but my kids and I had a great time.

Shawn

Archived