Coffee cards and coke cards

Boiler Cruiser

When I was last on a Princess cruise, I bought a coffee card and a Coke card. I believe the Coke card cost $45 and the coffee card cost $30, but if allowed us to have as many Cokes and as many brewed coffees (better than reconstituted coffee) as we wanted. It also entitled us to 15 specialty coffees.

Does Princess still offer coffee cards and Coke cards? Is the deal still the same?

Thanks...

When I was last on a Princess cruise, I bought a coffee card and a Coke card. I believe the Coke card cost $45 and the coffee card cost $30, but if allowed us to have as many Cokes and as many brewed coffees (better than reconstituted coffee) as we wanted. It also entitled us to 15 specialty coffees.

Does Princess still offer coffee cards and Coke cards? Is the deal still the same?

Thanks...

The coke card, actually a sticker, is by number of days of your cruise. Each day is $5.18 and yes, unlimited fountain sodas. Coffee card remains the same; price is $33.35.

Thanks...

Last year,,,,,,,,coffee card allowed me unlimited brewed coffees & 15 specialty...but save the last punch till the last day as I noticed when some got their last specialty......they were taking the cards...........we were on 15 day Panama cruise. My hubby got the soda one....

Last year,,,,,,,,coffee card allowed me unlimited brewed coffees & 15 specialty...but save the last punch till the last day as I noticed when some got their last specialty......they were taking the cards...........we were on 15 day Panama cruise. My hubby got the soda one....

Current practice with the new style coffee cards: Unlimited fresh brewed for the cruise you bought the card on, even if you use all the punches.

Unused punches can be used on future Princess cruises, but without the "free" coffee. Need a punch for that.

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/...nswer_Book.pdf

Pg 30 of the Cruise Answer book shows all the dining/food/snack options on board and hours of operation plus if there is an additional charge.

Soda Packages & Coffee Card

Canned Soda Package

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale

Item #2311 $11.75

Unlimited Soda Package

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #0523 $5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #524 $31.00

† There are no milkshakes or thick shakes available for Ocean and Pacific Princess.

* Beverage package is calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. When submitting

payment, please ensure to calculate the total number of days of the cruise by the per day rate.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...lars/index.jsp

Here's a pdf on gifts & services offered by Princess:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...s_Services.pdf

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/...nswer_Book.pdf

Pg 30 of the Cruise Answer book shows all the dining/food/snack options on board and hours of operation plus if there is an additional charge.

Soda Packages & Coffee Card

Canned Soda Package

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale

Item #2311 $11.75

Unlimited Soda Package

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #0523 $5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #524 $31.00

† There are no milkshakes or thick shakes available for Ocean and Pacific Princess.

* Beverage package is calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. When submitting

payment, please ensure to calculate the total number of days of the cruise by the per day rate.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...lars/index.jsp

Here's a pdf on gifts & services offered by Princess:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...s_Services.pdf

Thanks MilliesMom,

Either the UKP package went up recently (in the last month ) or that $8.05 price has the gratuity added.:D

The coffee card details:

In the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35 buys a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

So... Princess doesn't serve complimentary coffee? I can understand charging for lattes and stuff, but just regular black coffee? I have to pay per cup or buy an unlimited card?

That's different then other cruise lines... not a huge deal, but kinda strange to me.

You can have all the coffee you want. Free. Those of us who don't want to drink what Princess calls coffee, buy the card to get the better stuff.

So... Princess doesn't serve complimentary coffee? I can understand charging for lattes and stuff, but just regular black coffee? I have to pay per cup or buy an unlimited card?

That's different then other cruise lines... not a huge deal, but kinda strange to me.

There is free coffee and tea with meals in the dining rooms and the Buffet all the time. The Cafe has different coffee which you need the card for.:D

As Pia said .

Edited by MicCanberra

Princess does offer "complementary" coffee, but it is made from concentrate and many people don't like the taste. I am mainly a tea drinker but will have some after dinner occasionally. Not the best but OK once in a while.

I believe that the "complementary" iced tea is also from concentrate and is so strong that it should be diluted 1:1 with water.

Coke stickers and coffee cards are one of the many rip-offs that Princess shoves down passengers throats the minute they board our ships. My suggestion, bring your own sodas (yes, it is allowed). As far as coffee goes, the so-called brewed coffee is just the same stuff that they bring down from Horizon Court and put in a coffee pot.

Coke stickers and coffee cards are one of the many rip-offs that Princess shoves down passengers throats the minute they board our ships. My suggestion, bring your own sodas (yes, it is allowed). As far as coffee goes, the so-called brewed coffee is just the same stuff that they bring down from Horizon Court and put in a coffee pot.

I do not find $8 a day a rip off for unlimited sodas, I could not bring that much drink wtih me onto the ship, let alone do it cheaper. I also find the coffee nice as well. BTW, I drink my coffee black, no sugar.:D

The coffee is not the same. The fresh brewed is much stronger in the IC. I actually find the coffee in the Horizon to be ok. Could you explain "our" ship?

Re: I like the coffee served in the MDR. As far as coffee after or between meals, I bring a good insulated coffee mug and the Starbucks Via coffee packets. Dump one into the mug and add hot water. Instant good coffee whenever you want it.

Smart girl!:D