Zuiderdam East Caribbean Menus

Candy

Candy

Thank you for this post, I think I'll be eating a lot of steak. Is there anything in particular that you would recommend? I don't suppose there is any chance of you getting a menu from the western leg, is there?

I'm doing a Western Zuidy in August and I'll post 'em then... can you hold on awhile?

My faves were:

1. Farfalle with Smoky-grilled Portabella Mushrooms (I ordered the pepper-crusted steak but it was WAY too hot for me
  2. Floridian Grouper with Smoked Salmon
  3. Pan Seared Gulf Red Snapper
  4. Cream of Four Mushrooms Soup
  5. Hazelnut Crusted Perch
  6. Escargots
  7. Chilled Strawberry Bisque
  8. Fettuccini Frutti Di Mare (I ordered the Osso Buco but it was fatty
  9. All the chilled soups
  10. Baked Hazelnut Encrusted Brie
  11. Creme Brulee

If you want a really great steak, go to the Pinnacle... the Petit Filet was outstanding!

Candy <-- getting hungry

Candy

Thank you for this post, I think I'll be eating a lot of steak. Is there anything in particular that you would recommend? I don't suppose there is any chance of you getting a menu from the western leg, is there?

Candy,

As long as you can post it before the 26th of August. I'll take your advice on the Pinnacle, we have a complementary visit there during the Western leg of our b2b. Thanks again for taking the time to post.

HAL needs to add more appetizers for the dinner menu.

One thing I'm REALLY CRAVING FOR.... a salmon mousse

Smoked salmon, wrapped in smoked trout... that velvety,creamy salmon mousse with cucumber relish.....

HEAVEN!!!

:)

Did they drop the Nasi Goreng yet???

Don't get me wrong ... I liked both.

But the rice wasn't the same!! In fact, I wasn't able to really enjoy the nasi for dinner...

Of course, for dinner you end up lingering more with the company at the table. And the rice in the Nasi didn't do the trick like the noodles did. The rice ended up as a pasty, gooey solution, that didn't hold the same as Bami.

Nasi is fine for a small portion for lunch ...

But, for dinner ... BAMI works better

:(

I'm missing Monday night's menu (formal night). Ralph had the crab legs and they were great. Jim thinks the jumbo shrimp cocktail was on the menu... sorry my memory is failing.

Did they change the menus? The ones listed here look disappointing at best. I saw some others that looked very interesting. Did not notice any jumbo shrimp cocktail, no crab legs.

No one should be expecting any major changes of menu selections from cruise to cruise, East or West, etc. If you are doing a b2b the menus will just repeat. They are all pretty much exactly the same on every ship, every cruise except for an occasional variation which may have to be made for food availability. If a major change is made it would be made throughout the ships- such as the addition of the 'comfort food' category, a daily pasta selection, etc.

We did have the crab legs the first formal night also.

Can you answer a question for me?

Is the Pinnacle menu the same every night, and what do they serve on the night there is lobster? Is that the only place and night to enjoy lobster - in the main dining room on Thursday night?

Thanks!

Tikla

The Pinnacle menu is the same each night. I have heard that lobster is available on the second formal night, but it might be a good idea to call ship services and ask when you make your reservation.

My recommendations are the planked halibut, planked scampi or petit filet. For dessert, the Creme Brulee is to die for, and someone at the table MUST order the Chocolate Volcano.

Candy <-- loves the Pinnacle

Can you answer a question for me?

Is the Pinnacle menu the same every night, and what do they serve on the night there is lobster? Is that the only place and night to enjoy lobster - in the main dining room on Thursday night?

Thanks!

Tikla

Okay, so if you want lobster, it is one night, one dining room only or...can you order lobster room service that night???? That would be rather cool to eat lobster out on your deck!

You seem to have everything, do you have the Pinnacle menu also?

In the Volendam Pinnacle the scampi were larger than the dining room lobster tails and much better tasting. Best meal I have ever had in the Pinnacle on any ship and we have enjoyed many various entrees in 4 different Pinnacles.

(It's very deceiving when folks speak of having lobster on a formal night as if they really were having a whole lobster. All that is served is a small lobster tail(s).)

• 2 weeks later...
Candy,

As long as you can post it before the 26th of August. I'll take your advice on the Pinnacle, we have a complementary visit there during the Western leg of our b2b. Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Hi sbgood, this is the second posting that I see of your's that you mention a complementary visit to the Pinnacle. Was that a promo that I missed?

Thanks.

Hi Since1982

LTNS!!!

I don't think I posted this twice, it's just that an older thread has been bumped up and you read it twice. (I think)

I don't know if you missed this or not, but at the time I booked there was a long list of perks including the complimentary dinner at the Pinnacle. If you want to know what those are, I can tell you on the Roll Call thread. I think I was lumped in as part of a group that the agency my TA works for was putting together. I think the agency was offering the perks, not HAL, but I could be totally wrong.

It just goes to show you how quality of food is in the taste buds of the individual person. It is mentioned that the creme brulee in Pinnacle was good. I thought it was the worst creme brulee ever. Volcano cake did nothing for me. However, I did find the chocolate souffle served in the dining room very good. Key Lime was good, but I often here that people who live up north know nothing about a good Key Lime Pie.

Had the filet and the chicken marsala on the nights we ate in the Pinnacle. Yummy!!!!!!! Appetizers great also. Loved the Pinnacle. But I can get food as good if not better when I go out to eat with DH.

There definitely needs to be work on the desserts throughout the ships.

Candy thank you for posting the menus, it helped me out a couple of weeks ago. I could go on and on and talk about each meal, after all food is my obscession in life.

Archived