The Haven 2 Bedroom...6 people???

SoCalCruiser20

Is it possible to remove the mattress from the pullman and put it on the floor in the living room for a child? The other option I'm wondering about is asking for memory foam/ egg crate, and having my kids sleep on that in the living room. (I have read you can no longer request a rollaway bed, even if you are not using it to increase the sleeping capacity of the room but rather just using it to change the configuration).

I'm not sure there would be space for that on the living room floor. But you could try it!

we were on the breakaway with 4 adults (one being my 18 year old son) and one kid and it was tight! my mom and younger son were in the second bedroom and my older son slept on the couch. biggest problem is the bathroom being in the second bedroom so you have to walk through the room to get to it also not much room in the living room for someone to sleep on the floor since the door to the balcony is there and you wouldnt be able to get out! I definitely wouldnt reccomend putting 6 in that room!

We are going on the Epic this weekend and will have 4 adults in a 2 bedroom Haven suite. I don't know if I would want to put anymore adults in there, but kids may be okay. I will know more once I actually see our cabin.

Our first sailing on NCL, the Jewel to Alaska, we had 6 in a 2 bedroom Haven suite. Two parents in the master, two newlyweds in the smaller bedroom, and the 2 teenage girls were in the living room, 1 on the couch, one on the couch cushions on the floor (The couch did not make out to a bed.) There was a pullman in the 2nd bedroom, but since we had another couple, that was not how we went. The room was great, the experience was wonderful, the HAVEN a definite selling point for us to return to NCL.

Now, to practical matters....the girls were not thrilled with the cushions on the floor, but being teenagers, they could certainly do it and function the next day. Older people would probably not be so inclined. We shared the master bath (which was HUGE) with the girls so the young couple could have a complete "stateroom" to themselves. Since there were 3 women and 1 male using the master bath, we essentially made Dad go first, then kicked him to the living room while the females got ready (do you know how LONG it takes teenage girls to get ready????!!!!)

It all worked out nicely, but you have to take into consideration personalities. Does your group get along? Do they have certain habits that would make this a miserable arrangement? Having the HAVEN common area right outside your door allows you to feel like you have space and a fairly quiet area to relax in if others are wanting to nap, etc. And, I might add, we are all fairly small people. So, that is a factor, too.

I believe the Jewel class ships have some of the larger HAVEN 2 bedrooms. Not as much room on the Escape, I noted when we sailed her last spring (but only 3 people in that cabin, so it worked).