Norovirus & hand sanitisers

p&o AUS use the gel all the time even when in port and when you are going up the gangway to board the ship....maybe they are doing it the right way as i havent heard of any noro virus whilst cruising on their ships....its happened to us twice on princess where we have had the red alert and no self serve in the buffet or else where

OK -- so I have been to two Chemists now looking for this "Hands First" , one of which is a very large one --- all I am getting so far is blank looks from the staff !! :mad:

Barry

Hi Barry,

The chemist chain that they told me can stock it is Blooms of which there are 5 in QLD, but I would contact hands first directly, that's how I did it.

The email details are on their web site but the phone number is 08 8327 2220 or mobile 0430 248 006 if you prefer to phone them.:)

I don't know what's scarier....that people in this day and age don't know how to wash hands OR that someone has the picturegram of how to wash hands saved to their hard drive....just in case seine asked how to?

:D

LOL! Happy Aussies is certainly prepared, but he/she may be a teacher or similar who regularly uses those type of things so just happens to have them around?

Or was once a boy/girl scout - always be prepared!:D

I'm sure though a river in Paris would be unlikley to ask,:p but then again it does have an afinity with water. LOL, ROFL.

(Not nearly enough smilies to adequately express one's sense of humour on this forum!)

I see it is a SA product....go South Australia

anyone travelling to Hawaii with us next year and can not get this product, drop me an email & I'll buy bulk for us all, if you like and bring it on board.

Bubbs

PS

6andy6

I find your comment offensive and disrespectful! I actually work in infection control in the health system. Hand hygiene is a BIG thing in the safety of patients in our hospitals and my knowing these things and how to access them for health promotion to the general public helps keep you and your loved ones from adverse events by infections that are resistant to antibiotics and can KILL......so please be a little more respectful to other on this forum.

Just rang and purchased this product direct from mfg. Cathy is a friendly & helpful lady. Order will be posted Monday 3rd.

Great service great Aussie Product.

Pam :):):)

Good stuff. Cathy is a lovely lady - she will probably be run off her feet now with Cuise Crtic forum memers ordering.

But it is good to support other Australians that's why I was glad to find this product in our own backyard.:)

This is why I and others working in the field and the general public NEED to know how to wash our hands. Plenty don't or don't want too. you just have to observe the hand washing when you enter a public toilet..........ewwwwww!

Hospital Acquired Infections can be life-threatening, especially for people with serious pre-existing conditions, and are a significant problem in our healthcare system.

To put this into perspective, each year more people die as a result of healthcare associated infections than in motor vehicle collisions.

We know that improving hand hygiene among healthcare workers is currently the single most effective intervention to reduce the risk of healthcare associated infections in Australia

ALSO don't be afraid to ask your doctor to wash their hands before they consult with you!

Hello all,

I was able to purchase the product mentioned online after a quick google search. I bought the large bottle as there are 3 in my family that will be traveling on Voyager over christmas for 2 weeks.

I also liked the fact that with this sanitiser the website says that the different ingredient continues killing germs for up to four hours after application! Which is great news to me!

So accidentally touching a hand rail, or chair won't worry me as much.

Phew, maybe I now have one less thing to stress about about our holiday.:cool:

Hello all,

I was able to purchase the product mentioned online after a quick google search. I bought the large bottle as there are 3 in my family that will be traveling on Voyager over christmas for 2 weeks.

I also liked the fact that with this sanitiser the website says that the different ingredient continues killing germs for up to four hours after application! Which is great news to me!

So accidentally touching a hand rail, or chair won't worry me as much.

Phew, maybe I now have one less thing to stress about about our holiday.:cool:

Hmm - you must be a better Google "searcher" than me - because i can't find anywhere to buy it "retail" :o

Barry

Hmm - you must be a better Google "searcher" than me - because i can't find anywhere to buy it "retail" :o

Barry

Barry,

They don't have an online retail store, you have to email or phone using the contact info here, they then email you an invoice & you can pay using direct credit or with a credit card over the phone.:)

In Coles in the department with the toilet paper and tissues there are " wet ones" they have the ingredient that kills the noro virus.. They have pocket size packs and larger packs you can keep in your cabin.. Carry a pack of these and use them throughout the day combined with hand washing and you will be right ! :)

In Coles in the department with the toilet paper and tissues there are " wet ones" they have the ingredient that kills the noro virus.. They have pocket size packs and larger packs you can keep in your cabin.. Carry a pack of these and use them throughout the day combined with hand washing and you will be right ! :)

Good to know for those that prefer a wipe type product & handy for wiping down the cabin.

I also always seal any of those travel pack types of wipes inside a zip lock bag as I find they can easily dry out, even with their resealable sticky front openings.

I do like a liquid type of product though as it can get into the nooks & crannies of your hands better I find. Plus nothing to dispose of once you have applied the product.

But good to have a choice! :)

HI, I live in Adelaide where it is made. today i rang the lady Cathy who runs the business. it is in a few shops over here i believe i haven"t seen it yet but had a great talk to her about it and how it has appeared on these message boards. You could ring her on 08-83272220 and hopefully we put you in the right direction. Also she could post pack some off to you. regards zanny:)

HI, I live in Adelaide where it is made. today i rang the lady Cathy who runs the business. it is in a few shops over here i believe i haven"t seen it yet but had a great talk to her about it and how it has appeared on these message boards. You could ring her on 08-83272220 and hopefully we put you in the right direction. Also she could post pack some off to you. regards zanny:)

Pity they couldn't put up a list (apart from that Bloom Chemist who are not in Victoria) of retailers that stock it. This thing could take off like wildfire if they utilized publicity correctly...generate sales for your retail stockists you generate profit for yourself.

I just sent this to them

ir/Madam

You should visit this Internet cruising forum discussion - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1745768 --- where your product is being discussed. There are people trying to find out where to buy it :)

The problem of norovirus is one of the largest things discussed in these Forums - and although advertising is not allowed directly there, it is a Worldwide Forum and you should follow it, as it appears that your product would suit people cruising ( do you sell it to the cruiselines - they use alcohol by the truckload!!

I have probably broken some CC regulation - but this stuff should become more widely known about for our benefit. Nothing worse than getting Norovirus on a cruise that you have been long waiting for

Barry

This is a great thread. My daughter is a type 1 diabetic. She's a teen so sometimes has that "i'm bulletproof" attitude to things. If she gets any kind of ailment that means that she can't keep anything down or in then she's in trouble. Juice and/or sucking on a jellybean can often make things worse sometimes resulting in a hospital visit for a night on a drip. Thankfully she's mostly very careful with hand washing etc when out in public but we are going to make sure she is doubly so on our upcoming NYE cruise on Radiance of the seas. Whilst the ship will be aware of her condition don' want to take any chances. Definitely going to get this product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad my starting this thread has been useful to so many of you.:)

I have no affiliation what so ever with the company, just wanted to let others know that we have the choice to buy an Australian hand sanitiser that actually contains the right substance to kill Norovirus.

Buy Australian & we all benefit. :D

So am I thank you Avalon007:D

I contacted Cathy on Sun.PM via email....she accidentally replied Sun. night, saying give her a ring Mon. mid morning....I rang 10.00am (NSW)...oops:eek:

She is very good...took my money and promised to 'pop them in the mail'...they were delivered 100kms nth of Sydney on Tues afternoon:D (it WAS Express Delivery)....I could not be happier.

Any sales we can get for her Co. will encourage Aussies jobs for Aussies. I just love how Aussies 'ave a go'!:) please support her.

I will have a few spare 50ml bottles on V.O.S. 8/12/12 that I can share IF anyone at the M&M requires one.;)

Thanks again.:p

Archived