Poll: Which river will you cruise on in 2013?

editor@cruisecritic

What river cruise will you take in 2013?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What river cruise will you take in 2013?

• Danube
    • Mekong
    • Rhine
    • Nile
    • Italy's Po
    • America's Mississippi
    • Seine
    • Russia's rivers
    • Duoro
    • Rhone
    • Yangtze
    • Moselle
    • Elbe
    • Other (please comment below)

Congrats on your maiden river voyage!

Funny, I'm now on the ocean (Caribbean on Windstar) and am frankly missing the sounds and views of the Danube :)

Carolyn

We are doing our first river cruise in June on Scenic - Prague (Nuremberg) to Budapest. We're looking forward to a whole new world of cruising, but I will miss the glorious sound and feel of the ocean.

Did you vote for the Po, Fred111? It's on my bucket list too....

Carolyn

Just finished our seventh river cruise with Uniworld. Classic Christmas Markets from Nuremburg to Frankfurt.

We will cruise the Po with Uniworld in September. We are also looking at Istanbul to Amsterdam.

It's sad to see (but understanding, actually) that not one person whose voted in the poll is planning a Nile river cruise. It's an amazing experience. Hopefully (for all, not just river cruisers!) Egypt will find it's way sooner rather than later.

Carolyn

It's sad to see (but understanding, actually) that not one person whose voted in the poll is planning a Nile river cruise. It's an amazing experience. Hopefully (for all, not just river cruisers!) Egypt will find it's way sooner rather than later.

Carolyn

I agree. We have very much wanted to do a Nile cruise, but we don't have the needed courage to book one at this time. As you say, Hopefully... .

I'm thinking that if you want a great deal and no crowds, this might be the best time ever to book a Nile cruise (as long as you're flexible about the Cairo pre- and post- tours.

Carolyn

I agree. We have very much wanted to do a Nile cruise, but we don't have the needed courage to book one at this time. As you say, Hopefully... .

In April we will be on the Avalon Affinity from Amsterdam to Basel, then taking a train to Paris!! Just booked an apartment in Paris for 4 nights. Can't wait!! We loved Avalon from Budapest to Prague on the Tranquility, and had planned to do this cruise last April when I ended up in the hospital having surgery and had to cancel 6 days prior. So we are very excited!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

When Uniworld had the Po as an itinerary about 10 years ago, we looked into it. It was and still is a lot of bus riding. It seemed as if you had a floating hotel in Venice--not too shabby. Will be interested to hear Fred's thoughts when he returns. Pat

Archived