Nutritional Values

momtoabowhead

Does Carnival have their nutritional values posted anywhere? I generally don't gain on cruises but want to read what my favorite foods are going to cost me in the exercise department. I realize they have wayyyy too many food options to post them all but am curious if they have posted information for popular items.

I've only ever seen them posted on the Spa Carnival selection....

It's not hard to eat a pretty decent diet, not feel deprived and not have to do a ton of exercise to avoid gaining weight....

I don't eat dessert every night, but when I do it's often just sherbet or the fruit and cheese tray...I stay away from the bread basket, eat a lot of fish and salad.

My knees don't tolerate too many stairs, but I walk a bunch.

I recall seeing the values listed for the Spa choices on the menu~

The one thing that I always recall seeing is the nutritional listing for the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake :eek:

Approximate nutritional values per serving: 460 calories (64.7 percent calories from fat), 8 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 27 g sugar, 2 g dietary fiber, 35 g fat, 250 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium.

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. ... Amount Per Serving: % Daily Value; Calories 451.3: Calories from Fat 333: 73%; Total Fat 37.1 g: 57%; Saturated Fat 22.1 ...

google the name of the dish-- im sure you can find it

I've only ever seen them posted on the Spa Carnival selection....

It's not hard to eat a pretty decent diet, not feel deprived and not have to do a ton of exercise to avoid gaining weight....

I don't eat dessert every night, but when I do it's often just sherbet or the fruit and cheese tray...I stay away from the bread basket, eat a lot of fish and salad.

My knees don't tolerate too many stairs, but I walk a bunch.

I haven't really gained on cruises in the past. I know how to make good choices with food, but would like to see specifics of how Carnival prepares food. Thanks for the response.

I recall seeing the values listed for the Spa choices on the menu~

The one thing that I always recall seeing is the nutritional listing for the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake :eek:

Approximate nutritional values per serving: 460 calories (64.7 percent calories from fat), 8 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 27 g sugar, 2 g dietary fiber, 35 g fat, 250 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium.

YIKES! That is more than a dinner for me, generally. I guess I will only have it once, and maybe split it with DH. We have a "take the stairs" rule on cruises so I'm sure I can burn it off.

Just off the Pride and lost 3 lbs, my sleeve and smart choices and atleast 1 hour in the gym each day.

Down 209 lbs since 3-21-12

Down 209 pounds in less than a year? Am I reading that right? Congrats on the huge weightloss. I am working on losing about 40 pounds. I am calorie counting and exercising. I find simple math is the only way I ever lose - need to have that deficit.

What are you doing? I love that Carnival has the low calorie selections at dinner, think I'll stick to salad and fruit for lunch, hoping they have low calorie dressing.

Down 209 pounds in less than a year? Am I reading that right? Congrats on the huge weightloss. I am working on losing about 40 pounds. I am calorie counting and exercising. I find simple math is the only way I ever lose - need to have that deficit.

What are you doing? I love that Carnival has the low calorie selections at dinner, think I'll stick to salad and fruit for lunch, hoping they have low calorie dressing.

I had weight loss surgery and cannot eat more then a few ounces at a time. And yes 209 lbs lost in less than a year:cool:

I had weight loss surgery and cannot eat more then a few ounces at a time. And yes 209 lbs lost in less than a year:cool:

That's awesome. My step-sister had that surgery and did really well with it initially. She ended up gaining quite a bit back - something about having more sugar than allowed and it counteracts the band. Idk what exactly happened. She is close healthy weight now, but had some struggles.

I really only need to drop five pounds to get back in the healthy range but want to get down to my ideal weight which is 135. I have been doing really well for almost two weeks but I am purposely not weighing myself because I don't want to obsess. I know if I don't see immediate results I will get discouraged. I have been following my plan really well, though. I use My Fitness Pal to track meals and exercise.

I haven't really gained on cruises in the past. I know how to make good choices with food, but would like to see specifics of how Carnival prepares food. Thanks for the response.

each night menu will have a spa selection with food that is prepared more healthier then others.

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/menus/mdr_dinner.html

soups- are probably packed with sodium. on a cruise you want to be careful with this--- much stuff has a huigher sodium content then land based places

each night menu will have a spa selection with food that is prepared more healthier then others.

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/menus/mdr_dinner.html

soups- are probably packed with sodium. on a cruise you want to be careful with this--- much stuff has a huigher sodium content then land based places

I read about the spa selections, think I will stick with those.

I seriously think they ought to give nutritional values on their website. Even if they had 400 different things they serve in a week, it would be better to cheat and know what you are consuming than to cheat and have something that is ridiculously high in calories, fat, sodium, etc. A girl can dream, right?

Archived