Change from Balcony to interior

wrigc927

Question our final payment is due tomorrow and when I got online tonight to make my payment and noticed that they interior price for our 7 night on the Pride had dropped to $399 per person!! Thinking about dropping down from a balcony to interior to save money to use for some excursions we are interested in. So I guess my question is would there be a penalty for us to change? We did not book and easy saver rate just a past guest special.

Question our final payment is due tomorrow and when I got online tonight to make my payment and noticed that they interior price for our 7 night on the Pride had dropped to $399 per person!! Thinking about dropping down from a balcony to interior to save money to use for some excursions we are interested in. So I guess my question is would there be a penalty for us to change? We did not book and easy saver rate just a past guest special.

Did a quick look at paperwork for my upcoming cruise and couldn't find anything addressing a downgrade. Go for it if it floats your boat. I'm sure your PVP will let you know what, if any, issues there are.

I agree, I would rather have a balcony on a 7 day cruise, than some excursions. Saying this, I rarely get off the ship, and my next 10 night is an oceanview. It just all depends on my finances at the time, and how far out I've booked. Go with your instinct, if you want to do some great excursions you couldn't otherwise do, go for it.

I'm with the others who say nooooo :) But it does depend on your budget - and have you ever been in an inside room? I've always had at least OV but my cousin on one cruise went with an inside room. I went down to meet her and after 10 minutes in that room I was going bonkers - I couldn't handle feeling trapped inside like that with zero view! If you can handle it though... well have fun no matter what!

I'm with the others who say nooooo :) But it does depend on your budget - and have you ever been in an inside room? I've always had at least OV but my cousin on one cruise went with an inside room. I went down to meet her and after 10 minutes in that room I was going bonkers - I couldn't handle feeling trapped inside like that with zero view! If you can handle it though... well have fun no matter what!

I always get either an OV or Balcony but my kids always get an inside, partly to save money, but they also say they get their best sleep in there because it's so dark.

I called and we were allowed to change but decided to stay with a balcony!!! Thanks everyone!!!

You won't regret it. Most people say they don't stay in their inside cabins much, but of course not, you become a prisoner in there!

Even if you don't use a balcony much, it's sooo nice to have your own getaway spot. It's value really can't be measured.

I always get either an OV or Balcony but my kids always get an inside, partly to save money, but they also say they get their best sleep in there because it's so dark.

Two cruises ago we did a family one with a gaggle of teenagers - they - with an adult - were inside and said the same thing. Must be my old age - I appreciate the cost savings but can't handle the thought of needing a straight jacket after one day! :eek:

It's value really can't be measured.

But its cost sure can!:)

Seriously, if you can cruise two times instead of once... or, at worst, three times instead of two, you will be on the ship and enjoying the ports, food and entertainment a whole lot more!

Two cruises ago we did a family one with a gaggle of teenagers - they - with an adult - were inside and said the same thing. Must be my old age - I appreciate the cost savings but can't handle the thought of needing a straight jacket after one day! :eek:

I just don't understand this... I was crew member (musician) for 5 years and had an inside cabin for months at a time. Our cabins were about a third the size of passenger ones. I enjoyed the darkness when it was time to sleep and it was quieter than an outside cabin would be in rough seas... The balcony's and outside views are nice if money isn't an issue... But the inside cabin's certainly don't require a strait jacket....

I just don't understand this... I was crew member (musician) for 5 years and had an inside cabin for months at a time. Our cabins were about a third the size of passenger ones. I enjoyed the darkness when it was time to sleep and it was quieter than an outside cabin would be in rough seas... The balcony's and outside views are nice if money isn't an issue... But the inside cabin's certainly don't require a strait jacket....

Willow028 said it was an inside cabin with a gaggle of teenagers and an adult. Likely it was the adult that needed the strait-jacket after bunking with the teens.

Willow028 said it was an inside cabin with a gaggle of teenagers and an adult. Likely it was the adult that needed the strait-jacket after bunking with the teens.

Haha... That's a point I didn't consider! That would drive any adult crazy....

I guess I just don't have claustrophobic tendencies. I've had many city hotel rooms where the only "view" is another brick wall a few inches/feet away. I genuinely like the darkness of an inside room to sleep...

Disney does have a great idea on their new ships.. The plasma tv "porthole" showing an outdoor scene or even live feed....

It may be too late, but my suggestion would be checking out the 4K's (Interior with French Doors)...some have a view, but the cost is substantially below an Ocean View, and a few decks higher (Deck 4 only).

Check the floor plans and see if there are any between the lifeboats...you will have a french door that opens (to hear the ocean and feel the breeze, and possibly a view too !!) Cabin 4115 has a view and is available :D

Have a fantastic cruise !

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the post that says you kept your balcony. Enjoy !

We orginally had booked an interior cabin...upgraded to a balcony, and attempted to go back to an interior cabin because the cost savings was huge and was told by carnival I could not downgrade??? Anyone else have this issue?

You must have booked Early Saver. Early Saver doesn't allow downgrades.

What will you and your family get more use and memories out of?

I personally would pick the shore excursion or having extra money for additional fun. I had a balcony once and no one in our party wanted to go out there because they said it was sticky from the saltwater spray. I love the OV rooms myself. I would choose downgrade for $399 a person if you can.

We orginally had booked an interior cabin...upgraded to a balcony, and attempted to go back to an interior cabin because the cost savings was huge and was told by carnival I could not downgrade??? Anyone else have this issue?

If you book early saver Carnival will not let you down grade.

I think the OP is on the Pride the week I am going. When sailing on the Chesapeake the OP will be very happy they didn't switch.

I have been in both...and JMO balconys are overrated *maybe if you are on your honeymoon it would be really special

Face it ...given Carnival's demographics you have a good chance of being next to a noisy family....a boombox...or a chain smoker

ugh

If the difference is small yeah a balcony is nice. BUT if the difference is substantial I say go for the inside and ue the $$ for steakhouse, excursions, etc

Archived