Gem Group Exercise Classes

cruisin0504

I haven't been on a cruise in 2 years - since that time I have started going to a gym and enjoying group exercise classes - especially Zumba. Is there anything like that currently on the Gem? Is there a fee? How about yoga? Thanks!

I've signed up for group Pilates on NCL cruises, which have an extra charge. They usually offer a discount per class if you sign up for 3 classes. I'll take the class on a sea day, but won't be around during the days in port when they are offered, so be aware of your schedule before paying for the extra classes. Also, I've found that NCL's concept of Pilates is not truly Pilates, but a strange mix of Yoga and some Pilates. If you go expecting a Pilates class, you'll be disappointed, but if you go to get in some crunches and stretches, it's better than doing nothing, I guess.

Yes, they are offered - listings buried in our scanned Gem FSD (link below our Sig) - here are what I've extracted as it's easier to see/read off the originals:

Dance Classes on different days, mostly morning on Sea Days - Cha Cha, Modern Line, Salsa, Tango, Jive/Boogie, Merenge & Waltz, held either in Bliss or Spinmaker Lounge, all of them free

Pathway to Yoga on Day 2 & Day 8 and Pathway to Piliates on Day 3 at Body Waves, for a fee.

Archived