Concierge Class - Is it worth it

kente

We are booked on the Constellation on 9/22. After this cruise we will have 9 Captains Club Credits. Right now we are in a 2A Balcony Cabin on Deck 9. Does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade to CC. There appear to be some CC cabins available on deck 7. This upgrade would give us three credits for the cruise instead of 2 and we would be "Elite" Captian's CLub members after that cruise. Is it worth it????????????

Any opinions: You can email me at keitemiller@yahoo.com if you prefer.

I am going to answer my own question. TA just emailed, even with a Senior Discount Promotion it would cost $390.00 per person more than we are paying now. Not worth it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were able to get CC class for about 200.00 pp. I must tell you that it was like being in first class and, to me, it was worth the extra. The bed was very nice. I guess you have to decide if the upgrade price is worth it.

I am going to answer my own question. TA just emailed, even with a Senior Discount Promotion it would cost $390.00 per person more than we are paying now. Not worth it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kente !

I know the question is answered :)

390.00 PP, seems to be much too much. We think a fair price is more like 100-200 PP over the category below Concierge Class.

It is very odd how Celebrity prices some sailings (for the CC upgrade) at reasonable prices, and other sailings are simply much too high. Sorry it did not work out for you.

I'm still confused - we are in a Zenith Suite to Bermuda - will WE get the same CC amenties?? pillow menu, better showerhead, etc. Some say yes - some say no? Anyone know?? Seems Suite should get since paying more?? Not a big deal - excited about Bermuda trip - just curious about what we get in suite as opposed to CC. Please respond here or email Treacher1@aol.com if especially if you have any recent pics of Zenith Suite or any Zenith pics - thanks so much -

smooth sailing

So I believe you have everything CC gets including a butler at your disposal 25/7, free cappucino from that butler which CC doesn't get, and other perks but you also get the extra TIP.

I'm still confused - we are in a Zenith Suite to Bermuda - will WE get the same CC amenties?? pillow menu, better showerhead, etc. Some say yes - some say no? Anyone know?? Seems Suite should get since paying more?? Not a big deal - excited about Bermuda trip - just curious about what we get in suite as opposed to CC. Please respond here or email Treacher1@aol.com if especially if you have any recent pics of Zenith Suite or any Zenith pics - thanks so much -

smooth sailing

The things that I've heard that you don't get in a suite that you do in Concierge Class are the pillow menu and the CC breakfast menu. I'm sure that a good butler could remedy that for you, however.

I have also heard that the afternoon snackies are better in a suite. I think I may be the only person on the boards who actually likes the CC snax!

Lisa

My husband and I have booked a CC for our Baltic Cruise in June 2006 on the Constellation, so I obviously think it is worth it. However, the main reason why we a booked a CC instead of standard balcony cabin is because of cabin size. Even though CC cabins are only 21 SF larger than a standard balcony cabin, they feel much more spacious.

My wife and I paid 178.00 pp for cc. It was worth the extra expense for us. We enjoyed all that was included and we felt that the staff provided extra attention in every respect. I am not sure if I would pay more than 200.00 for cc, but it was an excellent experience.

We've booked 2 CC cabins for the Baltic in June 2006 on the Constellation because it was the only way to get the aft cabins with the large balconies. There's a $500.00 difference so far on that cruise between the CC balcony cabins and the non-CC balcony cabins but I feel I'm really paying the extra money for the larger balcony. If those cabins had not been CC class we would still have booked them..:).

Diana

We've booked 2 CC cabins for the Baltic in June 2006 on the Constellation because it was the only way to get the aft cabins with the large balconies. There's a $500.00 difference so far on that cruise between the CC balcony cabins and the non-CC balcony cabins but I feel I'm really paying the extra money for the larger balcony. If those cabins had not been CC class we would still have booked them..:).

Diana

As the previous poster noted, you'll also find that the extra 20 square feet of cabin space over a Cat 2 is quite noticable as well, especially on longer cruises. Enjoy that 200 sq ft veranda! Pics available of your aft CC cabin/veranda type at the link below in the signature line.

is this true??? Photos I've seen show longer cabin seperation on 7 than 8 or 9.

I measured our deck on Infinity in 9201 & 200 sq ft. What about anyone on 7th AFT CC. How big???? I was SO excited getting the same on Summit for Transcanal 11/20.

I push the cushioned loungers up to the railing to lay & relax watching the wake & whatever jumps out of the water. Our table & chairs is undercover, just in case, as we got wet on the small balcony of 9140 (CC) on Connie when the window washer machine was doing his job on buffet windows above us. Worse than the waves on some days that got to 9! We always have a few chairs out there for company from TA friends who sail with us when we do them, to new ones we meet at Connections parties. We even turn into part of a tour of the various categories for folks to see what they get.

Hi folks:

For those of you who are telling Kente that you paid less than he was quoted for a CC cabin, What dates are you talking about? I have read and it is my understanding that Celebrity has recently done away with some discounts that larger travel agencies were able to offer. That may be why CC cabins are higher now. I am glad we booked early on the Infinity to South America in January because I believe it would currently cost more. I read a brochure in Costco that said their travel agency can't offer discounts any longer for Celebrity cruises and they are giving gift certificates. I don't plan to change my travel agent because her knowledge is worth more to me than a gift certificate.

Kay

Good News, TA called this morning and got us CC for only $41.00 more per person. Total is $2385.

With some of the crazy price swings out there, a realy good TA will snag those bargains when they roll around. Sounds like you have one.

We had a CC in 2003 on the Summit when Celebrity first introduced that type of cabin and loved it. When we booked the Constellation repo cruise, the CC was only $70 pp more for a nine night cruise so it was a no brainer.

for our Thanksgiving Transcanal on Summit. Only $100 PP more than 2C cabin & now it is close to $1000 more.............. and we had our pick of AFT CC on the first day it was announced.

Hi folks:

For those of you who are telling Kente that you paid less than he was quoted for a CC cabin, What dates are you talking about? I have read and it is my understanding that Celebrity has recently done away with some discounts that larger travel agencies were able to offer. That may be why CC cabins are higher now. I am glad we booked early on the Infinity to South America in January because I believe it would currently cost more. I read a brochure in Costco that said their travel agency can't offer discounts any longer for Celebrity cruises and they are giving gift certificates. I don't plan to change my travel agent because her knowledge is worth more to me than a gift certificate.

Kay

• 3 weeks later...

We upgraded to a CC cabin for our Eastern Caribbean cruise in January 2006, because the difference in cost between the CC cabin and a standard balcony cabin was very little:

Category 2A - $60 per person

Category 2B - $90 per person

Category 2C - $120 per person

We did a similar upgrade on our first cruise (Barcelona to Lisbon) and I felt the money was worth the extra perks.

Happy sailing! :)

smooth sailing

I've done CC once (Century, last year) and a Horizon Suite once (last April). The Horizon Suite and Zenith Suites are the same. We did not get a pillow menu, I don't recall about the shower head -- there was a decent "massaging" one here but it wasn't the Hansgrohe (or however it's spelled) brand. We had a bottle of sparkling wine in our room (drank it the next morning with OJ for breakfast mimosas), orchids in our suite, and a fruit bowl, and afternoon tea snacks brought to us PLUS evening canapes. We did not have the nice pillow-top mattresses that were in CC on the Century. That was the only thing I missed. Oh yeah, we didn't have the nicer hair dryer either but I didn't miss that -- the one there worked well enough for us.

Some nice things that you'll like about your suite, though:

extra space

refridgerator (regular cabins on Zenith don't have one)

suite breakfast menu -- we had our butler bring us bagles and lox and coffee every morning...it was so nice to wake up to the phone ringing and Taylan being on the other end saying "I have your breakfast madam, and will bring it by in about five minutes."

bathtub and just more room in the bathroom

massaging jets in the bathtub

Archived