The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

:)Wonderful information Could you please let me know if 1605 is a good cabin on the Eclipse Thank you

1605 has one of the most popular "first-from-the-hump" extra deep balconies.

However, it's under public deck (potential noise):

2chl5kx.jpg

Cruisetrail, I echo the many thanks for taking the time to help so many of us. I have previously cruised Celebrity on the Mercury and Constellation. This would be my first S-class cruise. We are looking into the Eclipse and would need an accessible cabin. Do you have any info on cabins 2130, 2132, 2134 or 2136 on Deck 12? Are they noisy, as the Oceanview Cafe is directly above? If so, any other suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks again!

They are under the buffet and that says all.

Of course it may be noisy today and not noisy tomorrow.

So I would be careful and call it "potential noise ussue".

Note that the overhang is actually a carpeted area.

Cabins are under linoleum floor.

Another thing I dislike is terrible overhang.

Hopefully you won't have noise and enjoy your cruise.

7139-7145 are accessible cabins located closer to the bow (more pitching - if it happens). Deck 12 would have more rolling in that case.

2rxcyu0.jpg

20fvyoz.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

This thread is the best I've seen on the Celebrity ships.

We are booked in 1120 on Eclipse in 59 days and now I am really looking forward to this cabin.

We were in 1624 (Aqua) on Silhouette and loved it. No problems, great locations and our cabin steward (Manino) was terrific.

Thanks again for all this wonderful information and especially all those pictures:)

PatC

1120 is one of the best on this ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just curious as to why being under a public restroom would be a problem? Doesnt seem like a big deal.

We were in 2105 on the Eclipse and loved it. The balcony is huge and you can see both forward and aft from the balcony. Perfect for breakfast room service each day and you are steps away from the pool area. There was zero noise issues for us with the bathroom above. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

We were in 2105 on the Eclipse and loved it. The balcony is huge and you can see both forward and aft from the balcony. Perfect for breakfast room service each day and you are steps away from the pool area. There was zero noise issues for us with the bathroom above. Hope this helps.

Thanks Much!!!!

Another question about the Relaxation lounge..We will shortly be Aqua on Eclipse, can we access the lounge from the Penthouse Deck i.e. from the corridor outside our room or only from the Spa area?

Yes, there is entry to Relaxation from the corridor, at least on the starboard side where we had stayed.

What would you say about 1405 on the Silhouette? I think you said there is a window washer next to it, so I'm kind of worried. What would you say about it?

Yes, there is a window washer near the balcony.

wlro8g.jpg

f38jd2.jpg

Booking a cabin one deck above or below would solve the issue.

The thing is the only other room available is two decks down or below the café. We want to be near our friends who already booked. I can't really tell from the pics (bad eyes) but do you think it would be a major issue?

Yes, there is a window washer near the balcony.

wlro8g.jpg

f38jd2.jpg

Booking a cabin one deck above or below would solve the issue.

The thing is the only other room available is two decks down or below the café. We want to be near our friends who already booked. I can't really tell from the pics (bad eyes) but do you think it would be a major issue?

I think this detail is not compatible with the class of this cabin.

Is it a major issue?

I wouldn't call it major.

However, I would book a different cabin - in normal situation.

In your case - I believe that being close to your friends will be a major plus.

Don't worry and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cruisetrail

I think this detail is not compatible with the class of this cabin.

Is it a major issue?

I wouldn't call it major.

However, I would book a different cabin - in normal situation.

In your case - I believe that being close to your friends will be a major plus.

Don't worry and enjoy your cruise.

I guess I'll just look around it, though it is a little disappointing. Thanks for the quick and helpful response! :D

Asking again please, for info on sv 6312 on Eclipse. Thanks.

Anne

6312 sits on the roof of Tuscan Grille restaurant.

The balcony is wider than other aft looking balconies (ex. corner mini-suites):

2e32z6g.jpg

You can see your balcony here:

2mwxl04.jpg

There is a longer extention of the roof on Solstice-Equinox-Eclipse covered with solar batteries.

Silhouette-Reflection have added cabins there so the extension is significantly smaller.

Your balcony is two spaces away from 6306:

1tsk5j.jpg

These are the best pictures. Do you have a view of Cabin 1545? Thank you

1545 is under Aqua Spa Cafe - a small cefeteria that offers low calorie food.

zumw3n.jpg

The same location on the opposite side is 1550 as seen on the Silhouette:

2hydhmh.jpg

Cruisetrail, this is an absolutely invaluable masterpiece of a thread. Truly breathtaking. So, my question is I'm on Reflection in 8345 (A1 balcony), which would be comparable, I think, to 8343 on other S-class ships. I know it's the last aft cabin before the suite. Any thoughts?

Great pics but I have been researching cabin 2110 and its match on the port side and have only read good reviews, so I am having trouble understanding your "don't book these cabins" claim. I know you say statistics are behind your opinions but having taken stats classes out the nose for my degree there is one thing I know and that is statistics can be made to reflect whatever the statistician wants them to, just saying. I would hope that people would look at the cabin spreadsheet before taking your recommendations as the gospel.

Great pics but I have been researching cabin 2110 and its match on the port side and have only read good reviews, so I am having trouble understanding your "don't book these cabins" claim. I know you say statistics are behind your opinions but having taken stats classes out the nose for my degree there is one thing I know and that is statistics can be made to reflect whatever the statistician wants them to, just saying. I would hope that people would look at the cabin spreadsheet before taking your recommendations as the gospel.

What statistics?

Just add these photos to the cabin spreadsheet.

I would book something more livable.

Your opinion may be different.

b3oith.jpg

20f3lup.jpg

20l1n2a.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail