EPIC Posh Pass vs Spa Pass

Cruisevirgin1965

I can only say that we purchased the spa pass and were very pleased. IIRC Posh is just a separate area for sunbathing and perhaps a bar. Others who have bought this may have more to add. We considered both and bought the spa pass as I was recuperating from a foot injury and the wonderful thermal area was just what I needed.

Both are great

I had both but recently I read a review of the Epic where the OP stated they wished they had one instead of both since it was hard to do both all the time. I agree. We had the spa pass but only went 4 of the 7 days. We went to posh about the same.

It would be hard to pick one I prefer. I guess I would pick the spa pass and lay on the regular sun deck if I had to choose.

I didn't do either on the Epic, but I did enjoy the Spice H2O for sunning -- it is limited to people over 18, and was never crowded when I was there 12/1-8. There is a bar there, and a waiter will come around for drink orders, but most people just went up to it. What I liked about it -- it was free:D and quiet. But I understand that Posh is a terrific luxury -- great service, food, etc.

In the past they have not offered the Posh pass during holiday cruises so it may not even be an option for you.

We were able to get ours on the almost-completely sold out Thanksgiving Cruise.

We were at the port by 10:15, in boarding group #1, and somewhere in the first 10 non-suite/non-vip passengers to board.

So we are on the EPIC next week and are thinking about trying to get a Posh Pass.

I don't know if it will be the same this year, but Chigirlcruzin previously posted this about Posh passes at this time of year:

They didn't sell Posh passes for the Christmas and New Year's sailings last year.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751593

But I understand that Posh is a terrific luxury -- great service, food, etc.

BTW I was surprised to read Riddle's post (below) that apparently food is no longer offered at Posh - I was looking forward to the tuna sandwich everyone raved about ;)

We wanted the Posh if available and the Spa package. I went to the front desk and Posh was available so I booked for DH and I. DH went to the Spa and booked us both for the week long package. Great so far! (by the way we have concluded we did not need both, in the future we will only go with the spa since we did not have time to use Posh much, though it was very nice). We did feel a bit like the "outsiders" there, not the haven passengers but that was just a perception, nothing was every actually said. Actually, it was deserted most of the time. Do not expect to order lunch from the Epic Club there, no matter what you have heard, they do not allow it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1749205

I vote for the spa. We've been on board the Epic twice in the last few months and had access to Posh and the spa both times. Posh is fine for what it is - a comfortable place to lay out with its own bar. But the spa is excellent and if you go when it's not too crowded (our favorite time was around 7:00 or 8:00 in the evenings when everyone is at dinner), it's sooooo relaxing. Highly recommend falling asleep on the heated tile loungers!

I vote for the spa. We've been on board the Epic twice in the last few months and had access to Posh and the spa both times. Posh is fine for what it is - a comfortable place to lay out with its own bar. But the spa is excellent and if you go when it's not too crowded (our favorite time was around 7:00 or 8:00 in the evenings when everyone is at dinner), it's sooooo relaxing. Highly recommend falling asleep on the heated tile loungers!

spa pass is now $150 per person. well it was on my 12/1 sailing.

i would probably only do it if i knew i would use it on a daily basis. with all there is to do on the epic and since it was my first time sailing her, i knew i would not get my moneys worth.

something to consider

spa pass is now $150 per person. well it was on my 12/1 sailing.

i would probably only do it if i knew i would use it on a daily basis. with all there is to do on the epic and since it was my first time sailing her, i knew i would not get my moneys worth.

something to consider

We used it at least once each day. I agree though - if you're not going to go very often, it's likely not worth it.

Archived