My husband and I used the Cheers program on the Conquest. Any questions?

allbeall1

We're not big drinkers but it adds up fast, especially since I prefer "fancy" drinks. We never came anywhere close to the 15drink limit but still felt like it was a good decision. We loved the new 2.0 changes on Conquest and spent a lot of time at Alchemy. If anyone has any questions on the program let me know and I'll try to help.

We are going to try it when we do the Liberty over new years....have you added up your receipts yet to see what your bar tab would have been? I know it adds up quick...i think every cruise my husband and I have been on our bar bill is at least $700 plus so I think it will be a savings for us.

I didn't keep the receipts but based on the tips listed on our charges and estimating around $10/drink, I'd say we would've spent around $800. We both tried a lot of new things that I don't think we would have without the program. My husband is a captains and coke kind of guy but since we had unlimited drinks I convinced him to be adventurous and try a variety of drinks. There is a 5min limit between drinks so if we got something and didn't like it they had to wait 5mins to run our cards again.

Edited by allbeall1

I didn't keep the receipts but based on our overall charges and estimating around $10/drink, I'd say we would've spent around $800. We both tried a lot of new things that I don't think we would have without the program. My husband is a captains and coke kind of guy but since we had unlimited drinks I convinced him to be adventurous and try a variety of drinks. There is a 5min limit between drinks so if we got something and didn't like it they had to wait 5mins to run our cards again.

nice...thanks for sharing the information

I wonder what the actual tab would be if you had a drink every 5 minutes of a 7 night cruise ? Course I am not sure it would register anyway..LOL :D

I didn't keep the receipts but based on the tips listed on our charges and estimating around $10/drink, I'd say we would've spent around $800. We both tried a lot of new things that I don't think we would have without the program. My husband is a captains and coke kind of guy but since we had unlimited drinks I convinced him to be adventurous and try a variety of drinks. There is a 5min limit between drinks so if we got something and didn't like it they had to wait 5mins to run our cards again.

All of our drinks were included except for coffee from the cafe. Lido deck, bars around the ship, MDR, Comedy Brunch, Toulouse Lautrec... we were never turned away. It's a sticker just like the soda sticker and when they swipe your card it shows $0 w/ a note that you're using the cheers program.

We're not big drinkers but it adds up fast, especially since I prefer "fancy" drinks. We never came anywhere close to the 15drink limit but still felt like it was a good decision. We loved the new 2.0 changes on Conquest and spent a lot of time at Alchemy. If anyone has any questions on the program let me know and I'll try to help.

So I can drink at the Alchemy bar with Cheers program!?

What was the cost and do you have to buy it for everyday or can you pick

It comes out to almost $50/day after gratuity. We were told you can only buy it on the first or second day and we were on a 7day cruise. If you buy it on day one, you pay for 7 days. If you buy on day two, you pay for 6 days. My brother inlaw chose not to buy b/c he didn't think he'd drink enough on port days but by mid week he wished he'd taken our advice.

So I can drink at the Alchemy bar with Cheers program!?

Yes! Alchemy was our favorite spot. We had a group of 10 and if we were missing people Alchemy was the first place to check. We hung out there every night. Tetyana, Adri, and Daniel were great on the Conquest!

$650 is alot for a couple on a week cruise but we have easily spent more that on our past cruises.... With most drinks anywhere from 5.50 to 9.50 it adds up in a hurry. We will be buying it on the first day.... After all we will be on vacation ;)

Were soda's included in the 15 drink max or were they unlimited?

no they are not....and from what I understand the 15 is not a dead set limit but that you could be refused after 15 but I could be wrong and it could be handled differently ship to ship

Were soda's included in the 15 drink max or were they unlimited?

Allbeal,

What is your answer on this question? Did you try. I would think that if TDK's answer is correct, one could just order a rum and coke (hold the rum); why would Carnival not want to offer this besides the obvious that they want you to buy the unlimited soda card as well. Not to mention that this would possibly encourage more drinking, rather than a person that might want to pace themselves with a nonalcoholic drink in between drinks... Just thinking out loud...

Do you know if the frozen "drinks of the day" are part of the program?

IF the DOD's are included, simple math here- Average $10 with gratuity, if you drink 5 DOD drinks a day, total= $50; this pays for itself and any additional drinks are gravy- right?

Allbeall, I read somewhere that all adults in single cabin are required to purchase to lesson the possibility of shared drinks. Was this the policy that was presented on your ship?

Thanks for bringing this topic up as our Ship will have this program when we travel next November and I have been curious to hear from someone that has used it first hand.

-Boomer