My husband and I used the Cheers program on the Conquest. Any questions?

allbeall1

I'm sailing on the Sunshine in January with a group of friends. Not all of us are big drinkers. Are you aware of any exceptions given to the rule requiring all adults in a cabin to participate in the Cheers program if one wants to?
If you sail on Carnival, you're stuck with the everyone that is over 21 rule in the cabin must participate....if you sail on Celebrity or Royal, their versions of the all inclusive program do not include such a requirement. This policy just recently changed on Royal. If successful, then maybe Carnival will change their stance, but I doubt it.

• 1 month later...
Was it an issue keeping a full glass of wine at dinner? Won't be happy if my glass is empty. :o Still pondering whether to purchase plan or not.

Thanks,

Susann :)

It's a very simple procedure. Come to the MDR with a full glass and when the wine steward comes around, set him or her straight that you want to keep your glass full. As long as you communicate this to them on the first night, then you will be taken care of each night. And of course by the end of the cruise, a token of your appreciation should be extended if you were properly serviced for 7 nights. ;)

We are cruising on the Sunshine in November and are contemplating the Cheers program.

I have 3 quick questions

I am sorry if the questions were already asked and answered, as I have not read back through the forum yet.

1. I am a vodka/redbull drinker. Is think included in the Cheers! program?

2. Someone said that we cannot use the program while in Port, on the ship! We don't plan to spend all day in Port so if we come back to the ship, we cannot drink?

3. Are we able to purchase the package prior to boarding?

Thanks in advance.

We are cruising on the Sunshine in November and are contemplating the Cheers program.

I have 3 quick questions

I am sorry if the questions were already asked and answered, as I have not read back through the forum yet.

1. I am a vodka/redbull drinker. Is think included in the Cheers! program?

2. Someone said that we cannot use the program while in Port, on the ship! We don't plan to spend all day in Port so if we come back to the ship, we cannot drink?

3. Are we able to purchase the package prior to boarding?

Thanks in advance.

1. YMMV.....Red Bull by itself is not part of the program, the only non alcoholic drinks are soda or virgin frozen drinks. I do not think that Red Bull and vodka is an official drink on any Carnival menu, so you may not be able to get it, but if you find the right bartender and introduce him to some US government paper, you may get your wish.

2. You can use it on the ship all day long from when the first bar opens till when the last bar closes. What you can't do is use it at Half Moon Cay or Grand Turk.

3. Yes, but your cc will be charged immediately and you will not be able to use any OBC that you have towards the program.

I wish sobody could she some light on when this is gonna go fleet wide or at least when the magic is gonna get it as im leaving in march and would be very dissapointed if this is not offered when I go.

Ramsjunkie? HEY !!!! HORNS UP !!

1. YMMV.....Red Bull by itself is not part of the program, the only non alcoholic drinks are soda or virgin frozen drinks. I do not think that Red Bull and vodka is an official drink on any Carnival menu, so you may not be able to get it, but if you find the right bartender and introduce him to some US government paper, you may get your wish.

2. You can use it on the ship all day long from when the first bar opens till when the last bar closes. What you can't do is use it at Half Moon Cay or Grand Turk.

3. Yes, but your cc will be charged immediately and you will not be able to use any OBC that you have towards the program.

What do you mean, we can't use it in Grand Turk? That will be one of our ports.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot.. LOL.

Since when can you purchase before hand? Thanks

Since when can you purchase before hand? Thanks

I'm confused on that too because everywhere I've read has been NO.
Apologies for the mix up. You can get it beforehand on Celebrity and RCI. I forgot that Carnival is behind the times as usual. Sorry again, but the program is really nice and we had a blast with it just about a year ago on the Breeze.

I didn't keep the receipts but based on the tips listed on our charges and estimating around $10/drink, I'd say we would've spent around $800. We both tried a lot of new things that I don't think we would have without the program. My husband is a captains and coke kind of guy but since we had unlimited drinks I convinced him to be adventurous and try a variety of drinks. There is a 5min limit between drinks so if we got something and didn't like it they had to wait 5mins to run our cards again.

I too am a Captain and Coke kind of guy, but have heard that Captain is no longer available. Was is available on the Conquest? We are sailing her on Feb. 9....

• 2 months later...
I can't use my obc towards the Cheers program?

Of course you can use your OBC for the Cheers program as well as anything else that would normally be charged, such as gratuities, shore excursions, pictures, duty free shopping, etc.

What do you mean, we can't use it in Grand Turk? That will be one of our ports.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot.. LOL.

Half Moon Cay is owned by Carnival (I believe the whole island is owned by the parent corporation). Many have asked if you can buy your drinks there with the Cheers program. I have read that at the beginning of the program you could, but now you cannot. Drinks on HMC are not included in Cheers.

Grand Turk is not owned by Carnival, however, the port and Margaritaville are. Drinks are also not included in the Cheers program.

In other words, it only works on the ship.

Of course you can use your OBC for the Cheers program as well as anything else that would normally be charged, such as gratuities, shore excursions, pictures, duty free shopping, etc.

Sometimes OBC is given and is designated to be only used for a certain area, such as beverages, excursions, etc. As long as your OBC has no restrictions, you can use it toward anything.

Wait, What?!!! No Captain? This can't be true can it? Oakheart is spiced but also aged in charred oak barrels, giving it a somewhat Jack Daniels type of flavor. I liked it when I tried it but it certainly isn't a replacement for Captain.

If they had Sailor Jerry I'd be okay with that.

Anyone know for sure?

ETA: Okay, Bon Voyage still has Captain as a choice so I'm guessing they still have it in the bars.

Edited by frayedend