Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Ok, so the Voyager left Milford Sound slightly after 8am. To sum up, the Voyager entered Milford Sound just before 7am, taking about 30 minutes to get to the end. The ship stopped, and dropped off those brave souls, turned 180deg around and started sailing out.

The Captain announced that we would be heading towards Thompson Sound. The ship would enter Thompson Sound and exit via Doubtful Sound. The estimated time of arrival was 11am. The Captain said he would make an announcement about 10 minutes before we entered Thompson Sound, so all would be aware.

With that, my family went to the MDR for breakfast! (Yah... breakfast again.. this was the fourth time I was having breakfast that morning, 5:30am Cafe Promenade, 6am WJ, 7am Room Service, 8am MDR!!.... only on a cruise ship!)

2laelpt.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Dearly beloved passengers, this is your Captain speaking. We are all gathered here today, to witness the Starship Voyager attempting to pass the narrowest point in the Sounds Universe of New Zealandia.

In case we don't make it through, I would like to give my warmest appreciation and thank you once again for cruizing with Royal Caribbean Intergalactic Starship Voyager. God bless you all.

Cruize with passione!

xnd79j.jpg

Hmm, Its been 6+ years since I've been on Voyager, I don't remember that pointy thing between the pools.

Oh, interesting that you pointed that out.

I was wondering what that was for.

The Cruise Director mentioned it later in the cruise and I think it has been there since the cruise ship was launched.

What is it for? Can somebody help?

Hmm, Its been 6+ years since I've been on Voyager, I don't remember that pointy thing between the pools.

Oh, interesting that you pointed that out.

I was wondering what that was for.

The Cruise Director mentioned it later in the cruise and I think it has been there since the cruise ship was launched.

What is it for? Can somebody help?

It's been on Voyager ever since I can remember. It's a skylight that goes all the way down to the top of the Promenade. I've not seen it on any other Voyager or Freedom class ship.

Oh, interesting that only the Voyager has it and not the other ships in the same class.

Yes, I also found it interesting that it was not included on other ships. My guess is that they found something they didn't like about it, such as it took up too much room on decks 9 and 10, or it leaked, etc.