Shore Excursions

Cool Cruzer

Hello there! I have been reading these boards and have obtained many a great information. I am due to go on Grandeur of the Seas Jan 07-14th 2006. There will be about 30 of us in the group going. We're gonna TAKE OVER the ship!! Hehehe..:p

I have a question. I wanted to try to reserve shore excursions from the Royal Caribbean website. I was able to before (but never did any actual reserving), and I just tried to go there again and do it for real. I got a message saying that "all shore excursions unavailable at this time. Please check on the boat". Does this mean all the shore excursions are completely sold out? I do know Grandeur sold out with only being listed 4 months (according to my Aunt who is also my TA). Could my TA call Royal Caribbean and reserve all my shore excursions from there? I would be severly disappointed. :( I wanted to do the dolphin thing with my wife. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Cool Cruzer

Wow. Have you thought about booking private excursions? We have been doing that since I found this board and got such a wealth of information of great private excursions. You could sure do it a lot cheaper that way, too.

Just a thought.

Michelle

Hmm really...do you know where I could start to look for private excursions? I'd like to be able to do this. I would also be having my translator along with me. Would I have to pay for the translator to be with me while I do the excursion, or would they be considered "exempt"?

If you go to the bottom of this page to "Forum Jump" you can go to Ports of Call and look at each port to see what and whom people recommend.

If you have seen some excursions on Grandeur that you would like, that will give you an idea of which kind of excursion you would like to do.

What ports are you going to?

As for your translator, I don't know. Even if people go on snorkeling excursions and don't go in the water, they are charged.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

I really doubt that all shore excursions are sold out. They are likely not available to book yet since your cruise is more than 6 months away. You can call RCCL directly and book them over the phone. My cruise is less than 2 weeks away (NCL Dawn) and I called them directly to pre-book. The entire phone call took about 5 minutes.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

..:p

. :( I wanted to do the dolphin thing with my wife.

Cool Cruzer

Guess what, Cool Cruzer Dude? :confused:

I'm going too. :D That's right me hearties, the old Captain is going with you. You people don't know how lucky you are. Now that we have that settled, back to the question at hand. The dolphin thing?? :D Is this a new dance? I may want to do the dolphin thing too.

As for the excursions, you might want to book them through an independent service. Very easy to do. Check out the destinations here on Cruise Critic as well as the advertisers such as Cozumel Insider, etc and do a google. We booked a cave tubing tour in Belize and saved $30 @. You might check out Nativeway in the Caymans or Cayman Island Discounts. They offer several different tours and have good reviews.

The dolphin thing can be had at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel and all you have to do is take a taxi. Chank charges $12 to get in, but I don't know the cost of the dolphin encounter. You might check out their website.

Oh, by the way, did you sign up for the meet & mingle thing on the ship? We needed some more people the last time I checked.

Looking forward to meeting you and yours on the Granduer.

Captain Curtis P. Lackey Esq. (Clackey)

Archived