When is Carribean cruising the most calm?

ejhall

Just for future reference....when is Carribean cruising the most calm? Also, which itinerary is the most calm? Doesn't take a genius to figure out I get terribly motion sick.

Thanks for the help!

Celebrity Infinity 9/5/04 (I can't wait! Woohoo!)

Celebrity Mercury 6/12/98

Hurricane season is June to November, although there are certainly months during season without any hurricanes, and nasty storms during the winter.

No guarantees, but I'd avoid hurricane season if I were you

We've had amazingly calm seas during the height of hurricane season, and rough seas when there is little chance of major hurricanes. We've even had a bit of both during a cruise. I am grateful that we enjoy the enjoy the motion of the ocean, in fact, we find totally calm seas a bit of a let down.

All I can say is that there are no guarantees for good or bad conditions. You pays your money and takes your chances...be prepared for anything.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

My eastern cruise was rougher then my Western. Butonly because of the hurricane that year. We have always sailed during Hurrican season in September because of the price being so cheap.

I thought the Southern route was very calm.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

There's absolutely no way to guarantee calm seas. Summer, during hurricane season, is taking a risk, but even in the months when it should be the smoothest, you could hit rough seas. We usually do January cruises and one year it was like glass and another year we had 30ft seas. Alaska can be calm, but then again, you just never know. Some have had the worst seas in Alaska. The most calm cruises are riverboat cruises, but when you're talking about the ocean, unfortunately you can't be guaranteed anything. Plus, one person's perception of rough is different from another's. Put two people on the same ship at the same time and one will say they never felt a thing and the other can say it was the roughest they've ever felt.

Darcie

I've been on seven cruises anywhere from May to August in the carribean. Never had a problem. In fact, one cruise we were only 800 miles from a hurricane and you wouldnt had even known it. Many people I know complain about the carribean's calmness in the winter.

Archived