majesty cruise

We went on the Majesty in May after originally booking the Destiny, we were not impressed and complained bitterly to Thomson to no avail, I totally agree with Kruzseekers coments, the only reason we would go back on the Majesty is if we got a really cheap booking!;);

I've not been on The Majesty, and although it does sound as though there are issues with it,.I think the biggest issue is that it isn't Destiny.

It may be for some people but isn't the basis of my reservations. I just didn't like the design - not because of the location of various venues/split decks/walking through the show lounge type issues but because the design actually impeded the delivery and enjoyment of aspects of the cruise. (Pool deck, self-service, tea bar, show lounge, standard double cabins - I wouldn't make that mistake again!, and the noise/vibration if you are unlucky enough to have a cabin in the stern of Deck 4 - Celebration's rattles and rolls in the rear of Deck 3 pale into insignificance by comparison imo.)

Having said all that, we did enjoy our holiday - service was great and the food in the mdr excellent and of course the itinerary is fantastic. At the end of the day it's all personal choice and a compromise; cost/itinerary/departure airport/dates/entertainment/ship - you decide what is important to you and make a choice accordingly. At the right price and itinerary I would travel on her again but she is my least favourite ship in the fleet - by a country mile.

We went on the Majesty in May after originally booking the Destiny, we were not impressed and complained bitterly to Thomson to no avail, I totally agree with Kruzseekers coments, the only reason we would go back on the Majesty is if we got a really cheap booking!;);

Totally agree we sailed June 1st and I hated the onboard experience I would only sail on her again if it was the Adriatic Itinerary but the cost was cheap . To be honest it has put me off sailing Thomson . I have booked NCL next (very cheap) so I will just have to see how they are

And I'm not changing that either!!:D Bargain price :D 32 days and counting :)

28 days and counting :D

one problem remains, the late departure on the first evening.

my flight arrives early afternoon

i just can't work out how to avoid drinking too much alchohol and missing the sail away party :eek:

Archived