Help from Orlando to Port Canaveral

LuckyCop

We will be flying with our 1 and 3 year olds in April - to Orlando, and cruising from Port Canaveral. Prefer a shuttle to Cocoa Beach area for a hotel stay close to shopping, as we will need to buy diapers, toiletries, etc. Considering Comfort Inn then shuttle to Port. Any suggestions? Also, seems that Cocoa Beach Shuttle is great. Thoughts? Thanks.

We will be flying with our 1 and 3 year olds in April - to Orlando, and cruising from Port Canaveral. Prefer a shuttle to Cocoa Beach area for a hotel stay close to shopping, as we will need to buy diapers, toiletries, etc. Considering Comfort Inn then shuttle to Port. Any suggestions? Also, seems that Cocoa Beach Shuttle is great. Thoughts? Thanks.

Although I haven't done it myself it seems most people on this board find it cheaper and easier to rent a car one-way. They drop off the family at the terminal, then go back to the rental agency and take their free shuttle back to the port. Then do the reverse when they return. This way you would have a car for dining and shopping before your cruise.

All the car rental companies are located very conveniently along Hwy 528 (Astronaut Blvd). In face I believe it's Hertz (not 100% sure) is right as you turn into the Country Inn & Suites and Residence Inn's driveway.

The most popular hotels in the area seem to be Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and the Radisson at the Port as they are they three closes to the Port.

Hope this helps....

Thank you very much! We were trying to avoid renting a car, as my mom and dad will be traveling with us as well. Considering using a shuttle for all 6 of us to a hotel that has a store within walking distance, then a shuttle to the port the following am. I believe Comfort Inn has that - not sure if it's clean, etc.

Yes, Hertz has a rental location in the parking lot of the Residence Inn.

I have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle twice for transfers from Orlando Airport to Cape Canaveral (stayed at Residence Inn). Service was affordable and timely.

i used cocoa beach shuttle from MCO to the Sheraton Four Points in Cocoa...it was great...

the hotel was opposite Winn Dixie, and a couple pharmacies...cvs and walgreens i think, plus several places to eat. Also, the hotel restaurant was good....

they have a pay shuttle to the pier, but I got a ride so i didn't need it...

I'm using Florida Sunshine Shuttle. Very reasonable. We have 10 people one way, and 12 people on the return trip - total round trip ended up being $26 per person.

We are staying at the LaQuinta Inn in Cocoa Beach - there are 2, we are on the one that is not on the waterfront, and it offers a $4 per person shuttle from the hotel to the cruise terminal.

Have fun on your cruise!

From what I have read on here, it's probably best to take Cocoa Beach Shuttle to hotel in Cocoa Beach - seems like Comfort Inn and Sheraton are the best bets as far as having stores within walking distance. Is that the case? Thanks so much!

• 3 months later...
From what I have read on here, it's probably best to take Cocoa Beach Shuttle to hotel in Cocoa Beach - seems like Comfort Inn and Sheraton are the best bets as far as having stores within walking distance. Is that the case? Thanks so much!

Depends what you mean by 'stores'.

The Doubletree is across the street from a Publix and small shopping strip mall. The Four Points and Comfort Inn are near a CVS, Walgreens & Ron Jons.

The Holiday Inn Express is beside a Publix.

• 2 weeks later...

looking forward to taking the cocoa beach shuttle bus from MCO to holiday inn express or nearby accommodation, as there's only two of us traveling.

does anyone have other ideas? i still think bus is best option.

not considering driving or renting car, not familiar with the area and not considering experimenting.

• 2 weeks later...
looking forward to taking the cocoa beach shuttle bus from MCO to holiday inn express or nearby accommodation, as there's only two of us traveling.

does anyone have other ideas? i still think bus is best option.

not considering driving or renting car, not familiar with the area and not considering experimenting.

Holiday Inn Express is a great location. You can walk to stores, the beach and restaurants. I have also used Cocoa Beach Shuttle and had no issues.

We rented a car from Hertz on a way car rental, which is a lot cheaper than using any other service. Picked it up in Orlando on Friday and dropped it off on Saturday at their Port Canaveral location. It was only about 5 minutes from the port and they shuttled us over for free (except for the tip for the driver). Only issue is a lot of people were doing it but I think we only waited a few minutes.

We just did this with our kids (3 and 6). We opted to stay in Orlando the night before the cruise so we could get off the plane and not have another hour shuttle ride to get to our hotel. We already had a 5+ hour plane flight so the sooner we could get the kids to the hotel the better. There are lots of hotels and restaurants just north of MCO. We stayed at the Residence Inn so that we could have a separate bedroom to put the kids to sleep in. They have an airport shuttle so no need for a car. We found a Walgreens within walking distance that had everything we needed to buy for the kids.

Then in the morning we had reserved a shuttle van to the port. There were 8 of us so doing a private shuttle ended up being cheaper and a lot more convenient than 2 rental cars. Left around 10:00 and were at the Disney terminal just before our 11:00 boarding time.

Anyway, that's what worked for us.

Archived