QM2 Noro Virus Story On ABC WORLD NEWS 6:30PM Eastern

BklynBoy8

Just heard the QM2 Noro Virus will be one of the stories on ABC WORLD NEWS 6:30PM Eastern Time...

Hi BklynBoy. ABC and other media sources were rather late in picking up the story. Several news sources I've read picked up quotes from this thread without attribution. Such is the state of journalism today.

I hope the OP's daughter has been back in touch, and that she is well. Regards & best wishes, S.

Hi BklynBoy. ABC and other media sources were rather late in picking up the story. Several news sources I've read picked up quotes from this thread without attribution. Such is the state of journalism today.

I hope the OP's daughter has been back in touch, and that she is well. Regards & best wishes, S.

Sorry, I should have been more specific: I meant the original poster (OP) who first mentioned the problem on the following thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1756117

And as one reference for news sources quoting that thread see http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/28/us-cruise-qm2-outbreak-idUSBRE8BR0LR20121228

I saw this news story last night. They said three ships have Noro outbreaks. One other is Emerald Princess. I think it's Emerald, definitely a Princess ship. They never said what the third one is. Although they did say THREE ships, they showed all sorts of clips of QM2, and just one brief shot of the Princess ship. DH was watching and pointed out that the story was presented unfairly. They gave similar numbers of passengers for both QM2 and the Princess ship, yet focused visually on QM2. I suppose if you've got the most famous oceanliner in the world, you get picked on...

This morning, I heard a brief tease about a story. I didn't wait to hear the full story, but the tease said 17 or 19 "confirmed cases of Noro" on QM2. Is there a test to confirm Noro?

Currently on board. Wow, the media love to beat things up!

It's been an amazing voyage so far. Yes, a decent number of people got sick but it really hasn't ruined the voyage in my view (for the majority who have stayed healthy and abided by sanitation instructions).

We are okay and more and more people are being given the all clear.

For the worriers out there: stop.

Great ship, incredible holiday. The crew have done an amazing job given the circumstances.

Anyone who wants to complain may do so, but I won't have a bar of it (mainly because I've run out with all the hand washing I've had to do hahaha).

Happy New Year to all!

Currently on board. Wow, the media love to beat things up!

It's been an amazing voyage so far. Yes, a decent number of people got sick but it really hasn't ruined the voyage in my view (for the majority who have stayed healthy and abided by sanitation instructions).

We are okay and more and more people are being given the all clear.

For the worriers out there: stop.

Great ship, incredible holiday. The crew have done an amazing job given the circumstances.

Anyone who wants to complain may do so, but I won't have a bar of it (mainly because I've run out with all the hand washing I've had to do hahaha).

Happy New Year to all!

It's good to hear that you're still having a good time (this being your first Cunard voyage and all). From what I understand, everything seems to be settling down with decreasing numbers of infected passengers.

Hopefully you will post a review when you get back, it will be interesting to read about your experiences.

Archived